Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 4:38:21 PM EDT
http://www.utkfederation.com/Tips/100pushups.htm

I've had this page bookmarked for a while now.  I've been doing push ups for maybe 3 months now and I can tell you I'm making slow progress.

Anyhow, this page speaks of 'partial triangle push ups.'  Ok, so I know what complete triangle push ups are I'm pretty sure ( where you make a triangle with your index and thumb on both your hands in a push up position ), but what are 'partial' ones?  Anyone out there able to do 100 push ups?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Good for you- wish I still could. Back in my 20s (in the 70s-80s)I did 200 situps and 100 pushups a day. O dem wuz de daze. Wish I had kept up with it, as I've, errr gained a few pounds and am trying to lose them. So far so good, but that program of pushups sounds like a good idea..maybe I'll get back into that regimen myself.

"IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO MEND" (quick- what prison scene in what movie was that in?...)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure what partial push ups are.  They probably are push ups at half the range of motion is my guess.  

Do 100 push ups?  Don't know if I can.  The only time I do push ups is when the "gym nazis" catch me using the treadmill more than 20 minutes.

Here is something that I'm about to say that may be worth reading, I once spoke to this guy who was extremely buffed.  His guns(arms)and chest were massive, to say the least.  What he told me is that he does nothing BUT push ups.  I actually have a hard time believing that, but he was very serious about it.  Maybe push ups is all we need to get big as Arnold himself.  

Just my .02 Scoopy snacks worth!   [:)]

-RoadDog
(Scoopy Doo for prez!)
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm too old and weak for that now!
View Quote

Yeah, too much of this will do it:     [sex]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
whew.. i'm glad i came accross that site in my bookmarks today.  i just went through a excercise and that definitely works better for me than what I had been doing.  I used to just do regular push ups until failure.  I plateau'd on that after not too long.

My goal is basically to get a 300 on the Marine PFT.. so I'm just focusing on running, push ups, pull ups, and sit ups.  Oh, and swimming too.

Road Dog - Go for it!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Roaddog - FWIW Charles Atlas claimed to have gotten his physique soley through excercises without weights, isometric movements, pushups, etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure I can do 100 push-ups . . . in 10 weeks.

Man thats 10 pushups a week!  You young guys must be bursting with energy.

Mike
Getting tired just thinking about 100 pushups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Roaddog - FWIW Charles Atlas claimed to have gotten his physique soley through excercises without weights, isometric movements, pushups, etc.
View Quote

What is the address to the Charles Atlas company?  How much does it cost to buy his book/tapes/pills/etc?  I want to send him money for his secret.  I'm getting tired of people as big as TREETOP kicking sand in my face.  [:(!]

-RoadDog
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Man, I used to be able to do 120 push-ups at my peak two years ago.  I then got too lazy and quit. Now I can only do 50.  I'll look into that web page. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
[url]http://www.utkfederation.com/Tips/100pushups.htm[/url]

What's the difference between a "partial" and a "complete"?
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I can still do 100, but I do it more through sheer force of will than anything else.  Can't let my two boys outdo "the old man."

It does help that I still horse around engine blocks and transmissions, tho...

If you have the "aggressive" type of sons, you DO tend to stay in decent shape.  It's kinda fun for them to see that my paunch is "padding" instead of "flab"...

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I can.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:40:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Partial meaning you work a certain range such as the top or the bottom. For instance you do 25 from the ground going only a quarter of the way up. You guessed it, it is a total burn but you vary angles of the exercise and work specific muscle areas. Can I do a hundred...in my wildest dreams!
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 5:21:20 AM EDT
[#15]
It's easy to do 100 pushups.  Simply paste a picture a Hillary Clinton and Rosie O'Donnell to the floor.  Assume the position and push these two witches away as fast and as often as you can.  Should make 100 in about 2 minutes or until the nausea passes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#16]
LOL Roaddog...

[url]www.charlesatlas.com[/url]

And check out the one free workout:

[url]www.charlesatlas.com/atlas_free_workout/atlas_free_workout.html[/url]

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not to brag, but I'm pretty sure I can do 100 push-ups  . . . in 10 weeks.  That IS what you meant, isn't it?  Not bad for a 42 y/o who's gained 25 lbs. since high school.  [}:D]
View Quote

No kidding, that's only 1 1/2 pushups a day, I'm sure I can do it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I just printed out the workout and now going to try it.  

I would also like to do the highkick, lots of stretching.
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:48:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Back when I was a youngster I discovered a training routine that had me doing pushups all day.

It was called Army Officer Candidate School at Ft Benning!

My TAC officer (sort of like a drill Sgt with Lt bars) hated my guts and had me dropping all the time. No fun in the Jawja heat and army fatigues that were starched stiff.

Those days I could do pushups all day, today it would take me all day to do a pushup[:)] 100 in 10 weeks, that's pushing it[:)]

Geoff Ross
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Have you ever tried clapping your hands during a push up?

It's a good way to smack your face on the deck if you aren't careful.   [BD]

Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Geez - sounds like an RI I had at Benning.  I guess he thought he wasn't doing his job unless I was pounding out about 2500 on an average day, all told...

Anyone ever do koala pushups?  It's a pushup done in a free handstand position, and the will DEFINITELY wear your a$$ out!  I can still do about a dozen, and my kids can't even do them!

FFZ
Link Posted: 5/10/2001 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#23]
any of you guys remember Jack La lane?  Once saw him do push ups for 30 minutes, from start of TV show "You asked for it!" untill the end.  The guy once swam from the Calif. coast to Catalina, pulling THREE speed boats with a tether he griped in his teeth for gosh sakes! Last he was still going strong (pun intended) well into his 80's and that was a few years ago.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top