Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/4/2003 10:05:27 PM EDT
I'm a projectionist at a movie theatre, so I got to see it a day before it comes out, and:

BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR!!!

Get off your ass and go see it now!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
uh, some of us have to work...
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
You got to do better than that.  I rented Reloaded today and you know what?  It was still nowhere near as good as The Matrix.  What's so great about Revolutions?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't think I'll waste my time or money..... The Matrix REloaded was the WORST movie I have EVER SEEN!
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I admit, RELOADED was Horrible.

But this one holds up to the first one, if not surpassing it.

Your loss if you don't see it.

I don't want to give anything away, only that the ending is not what you'd expect.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Gee, who would have figured they would make the last one blow ya away after the middle one was so-so.

seeing it tomorrow, at the matinee.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If I have to sit through one more wax-on wax-off fight sequence....
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 10:55:20 PM EDT
[#7]
does he wake up at his computer terminal where he fell asleep in the first episode and realise it was all a dream?
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Ebert says it's the worst of the trilogy.  Gonna have to be pretty bad to be worse than reloaded.
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ebert says it's the worst of the trilogy.  Gonna have to be pretty bad to be worse than reloaded.

Not to be rude, but I've always found Ebert to be a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#10]
So, who won the war? :)
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So, who won the war? :)

I'm thinking it's a happy stalemate.  

Seeing it tomorrow at 1pm PST.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not to be rude, but I've always found Ebert to be a fucking idiot.

Anyone who gives Spawn a thumbs up is an asshat in my book. Bastard owes me $7 for that one.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:18:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I saw it like two days ago..
It was alot better then Reloaded IMHO
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#14]
You can praise anything you want on this board, and like clockwork, you get a few pages of boardmembers trashing it.

Everyone's a critic and no one appreciates the value of entertainment anymore.

I liked the Matrix 1, 2, and I know I'll like the 3rd.  Same with the Lord of the Rings, same with Star Wars - which does have it's eyebrow raising down points, but I'll still pay 7 bucks cause...I find it entertaining.

On some days, the same logic applies to my participation on this board.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:26:34 AM EDT
[#15]
The original was a science fiction classic even though it didn't resemble the book upon which it was loosely based. (Neuromancer) Reloaded sucked to the nth degree.  I'll wait for Revolutions to come out on HBO.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:30:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Anybody see the news special about "Covert Marketing?"
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 3:53:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Hehehe - Friday I get to see it on the big screen - IMAX!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:12:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:38:07 AM EDT
[#19]
The first Matrix had universal appeal.

The second Matrix was more of a SciFi movie.  It told a story, and continued the trilogy.  Non-SciFi fans were expecting another technobeat/Prada Clad/KungFu fest.  THEY were disappointed.
Although, I really didn't care for the "rave" scene.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:12:59 AM EDT
[#20]
 I don't get it with all of the people who didn't like Reloaded.  I, too, have some "philosophical" ( don't take that too seriously ) issues with certain aspects of the story, but as a film is was okay.  It's not supposed to be the end all be all of movies...hell, it's SUPPOSED to be the middle of an EPIC...as that, Reloaded did just fine.....and anyway,  to reaffirm that Trinity is still the hottest creature in leather OR rubber that has ever walked the earth is all you really needed to learn from the second film anyhow.  Sometimes we must be reminded of the important things.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:36:17 AM EDT
[#21]
If you really want to be blown away by the first matrix all over again, you MUST read this. Simply Incredible!

metaphilm.com/philms/matrix1.html
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:48:06 AM EDT
[#22]
It's on the internet, download it and watch. I guess, Lockedon, either you or a buddy video taped it and ripped it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:48:33 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I am taking my sales guys out there this afternoon as a little get-away.

The sales guys, but not the shipping folks, right?!! Right?

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:50:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Gee, who would have figured they would make the last one blow ya away after the middle one was so-so.

2 words: Star Wars

New Hope: Good

Empire Strikes Back: Terrible by itself, OK with the other 2 holding it up

ROTJ: Good
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:01:30 AM EDT
[#25]
i hope reloaded is good, i just rented it
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:08:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm not particularly critical of the movies I watch.  If I'm entertained, that's all I expected. I don't try to pick apart what I've seen and find flaws in it.  If I did that, I'd have to throw out a lot of DVD's that I currently enjoy watching once in a while!

I'm not surprised that Revolutions would kick the trilogy back up a notch.   It seems that whenever you're dealing with a war trilogy, the middle episode is the darkest and possibly least interesting one, as it's neither the start of the battle nor the victory at the end.   Seiges can only be SO interesting, I guess.

I'll be seeing Revolutions...but first, I've got to go to the store and buy Finding Nemo on DVD. I've got a new video projector to check out, and that seems like the flick of choice for the job.

CJ
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If you really want to be blown away by the first matrix all over again, you MUST read this. Simply Incredible!

Whoa!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:16:46 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd have to agree that the best science fiction trilogy ever was the "Star Wars" offering. Even there, the first one was the best.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:25:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!

Amazing isn't it???
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:35:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
and anyway,  to reaffirm that Trinity is still the hottest creature in leather OR rubber that has ever walked the earth is all you really needed to learn from the second film anyhow.

Bah...she looked old in reloaded.  Can't wait to see Revolutions!
Scott
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!

Amazing isn't it???

It is all fine and dandy until the second movie, when Neo and Trinity screw each other.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Movies allow me to escape the reality and shit or everyday life for a couple of hours.  The Matrix 1,2,and 3 accomplish that goal perfectly... shit, most movies do since I don't read into them.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:24:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, have you got that inverted.
<SW geek>
Empire was by far the best of all the SW films.
</SW geek>

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:52:36 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, have you got that inverted.
<SW geek>
Empire was by far the best of all the SW films.
</SW geek>

Amen!

As for the linked article: Wow.... I wonder how much of that the Wachowski brothers actually considered?
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Here is the ending:

Frodo bursts into the matrix wearing the ring of power, then him and superman defeat Dr. Evil, and everyone screws Tara Reid.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Here is the ending:

Frodo bursts into the matrix wearing the ring of power, then him and superman defeat Dr. Evil, and everyone screws Tara Reid.

You forgot that Jar-Jar Binks goes into the vat of molten acid along with Anakin Skywalker, but doesn't come out.

See? HAPPY ENDING!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa!

Amazing isn't it???

It's a movie for goodness sake. I just don't read that much into it.

It all may be true, and the Wachowski Brothers may have actually considered these allusions to reality, but I just don't read that much into it.

Like stated above, I go to a movie to be entertained, if I want to get all metaphysical, I'll read the Bible and contemplate the miracle of salvation.

Trinity did look old/tired in Reloaded. I look forward to seeing Revolutions tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#38]

the only thing in this thread that I whole heartedly agree on is the fact that Jar Jar binks must die some sort of grisly death for me to die a happy man.  some sort of acid bath/eaten by an acid monster scene would do the trick, or maybe have him just shoot himself in the face with one of those gay ass lazer guns they use in the future... i dont care, i just want him dead...

-Spaceman

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:30:39 AM EDT
[#39]
 WELLLLL....I just got back from this this diluted piece of crap call a sequel....I now officially take back the nice things I said about Revolutions.  I am not going to hijack this thread any further...instead I am going to write another review thread so y'all can here how I really feel.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Just saw the matinee. All I have to say is WTF? The kung fu and gun fights are so cliche now. The battle scene was good, and the ending was weird. It's an OK movie. I won't see it again until the DVD is out. I bought the other 2 DVDs, got have the whole set.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#41]
oh...Jar Jar
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Ok, I just saw it too. I give it mixed reviews. Awesome special effects. Just the right amount of kung-fu. Ending was not what I expected. Left me unsatisfied and with a lot of unanswered questions.

I know there was only supposed to be three, but does anyone see a Matrix IV in the future?  
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 4:53:52 PM EDT
[#43]
What he said.

But...I guess it couldnt have ended any other way.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone who gives Spawn a thumbs up is an asshat in my book. Bastard owes me $7 for that one.

Melinda Clarke in black leather wasnt worth $7 huh?

I havent seen Reloaded yet either. Guess I'll wait till HBO shows all three back to back.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#45]
I just got back from the latest edition of the series and I have to say it was the worst one. The ending totally sucked. Not only did it leave itself open for another movie, but I think there will be another "One" somehow. I think I almost could of waited for this one to come out on video.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Here is the ending:

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#47]
13:00 on Friday at IMAX.  Yeah.  I'm there for that scene with the robot suits with the dual miniguns.  Its all good.  U think those minigun packing robots are NFA items?  

Ghost
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#48]
part of me wishes that had been the ending

Quoted:
does he wake up at his computer terminal where he fell asleep in the first episode and realise it was all a dream?

Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Saw it at 11:30 AM on 11/5. Looked to me like a bunch of bandits broke into a semiotics professor's garage, and filmed his box of leftover memes while dumping it on the floor. It was like a great date: very pretty, and sucked vigorously.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#50]
my smg and optics knowledge is kind of limited
did morpheus have 2 mp5 varients with red dots?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top