Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 4:09:34 PM EDT
I keep reading how everyone loves the scopes that are 3-9, 4-12, 6.5-20, you get the point.  I just bought a scope the other day that is a fixed 10 (going on a Fal by the way), and find it much nicer than variable's.  What is everyone's preference and why?  For me, I don't want to have to worry about adjusting the damn things every five minutes.  Same reason I ditched the CompM for the Reflex.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 4:13:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I keep reading how everyone loves the scopes that are 3-9, 4-12, 6.5-20, you get the point.  I just bought a scope the other day that is a fixed 10 (going on a Fal by the way), and find it much nicer than variable's.  What is everyone's preference and why?  For me, I don't want to have to worry about adjusting the damn things every five minutes.  Same reason I ditched the CompM for the Reflex.
View Quote

I prefer a scope matched to the effective range of the rifle. I can't ever see myself taking a shot much longer than 200 yards with .223, so maybe a fixed 4X or 6X would do the trick. My 24" bull barrel AR came with a 4.5 X 14 Leupold, but I really think it's too much scope for that gun. I am going to put it on my new hbar .308 Ruger, and buy a 6X or 8X for the bull barrel.

I'll be putting a 4X on my 16" Hbar AR.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
On my 16" Bushy I have a 1.5-4.5 Bushnell cheapy. I leave it on 1.5x for fast aquisition at home, and turn it op to 4.5 when I'm at the range for groups.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 10:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I like a variable.Ecspacially anything over 10x.If mirage becomes a problem you can dial it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top