Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2001 7:24:27 PM EDT
From email. Hope it doesn't offend any of our members.

Those of you that know Lancaster County will appreciate these; those that
don't, consider this a lesson (or a warning).  

Zeb and Elsie's Honeymoon:
Zeb and Elsie got married. On their honeymoon trip they were nearing
Lancaster when Zeb put his hand on Elsie's knee. Giggling, Elsie said, "Zeb, ve're married now; you can go farther than that if you vant to." So Zeb
drove to Harrisburg.

SWIM COMPETITION
A Pennsylvania Dutch farmer's wife decided to compete in the Breast Stroke division of an English Channel  swim competition, against a French woman and an English woman . The French woman came in first, the English woman second.
The  farm woman reached shore completely exhausted. After being  revived with blankets and coffee, she remarked, "I don't vant to  complain, but I
tink dose other two girls used deir arms."

OUTHOUSE PROBLEMS
When the old farmer accidentally lost 50 cents in the outhouse, he immediately threw in his watch and billfold.
He explained, "I'm not going down dere just for 50 cents."

THE RELATIONS
Jacob and Martha were getting on in years. He was 92 and she was  89. One evening they were sitting on the porch in their rockers and  Jacob reached
over and patted Martha on her knee. "Martha , vat ever happened tew our sex
relations?" he asked. "Vell, Jacob, I chust don't know," replied Martha . "I don't tink ve even got a card from dem last Christmas.

"BAR RIDDLE
A Menonite farmer took a trip to Fargo, North Dakota. While in a bar, an Indian on the next stool spoke to the  farmer in a friendly manner. "Look,"he said, "let's have a little  game.  I'll ask you a riddle. If you can answer it, I'll buy YOU a drink. If you  can't, then you buy ME one. Okay?" "Ja, dat sounds purty good," said the Menonite.
The Indian said, "My father and mother had one child. It wasn't my brother. It wasn't my sister. Who was it?" The farmer  scratched his head
and finally said, "I give up. Who vas it?" "It was ME," chortled the Indian. So the farmer paid for the drinks.
Back in Lancaster County, the farmer  went into a bar and spotted  one of his cronies, "Jacob," he said, "I got a game. If you can  answer a qvestion, I buy you a drink. If you can't, YOU have to buy ME vun. Fair enough?" "Fair
enough," said Jacob. "Okay . . . my fadder and mudder had vun child. It vasn't  my brudder.  It
vasn't my sister. Who vas it?"  "Search me," said Jacob. "I give up. Who vas
it?"  "It vas some Indian up in Fargo, North Dakota."

FAMOUS INVENTIONS
The Pennsylvania Dutch farmers invented the toilet seat. Twenty years later "them darned English" invented the hole in it

Link Posted: 2/4/2001 7:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
[:D]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
HEEEEYYYY!!!!!!  You just gave us a big fat Luege, there, pal!  Those are not German jokes, those are DUTCH jokes!

Sie sollten sich schaemen, there, buddy!

Kuiper would love those!

[:)]

Johannes
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#4]
LMGO. Oh man, thanks I needed that this morning. [:D] [:D]

messed the smilies. bummer
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 6:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
POTTY mouth!!!!!![;)]
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 7:58:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Micro Segregation,
Society calls the Pa. Germans (Pennsylfanisch Deitsch), Pa. Dutch for some reason that I forget. If you like, you can substitute the proper term. [:D]

A friend of mine sends me these awful "jokes". BTW, I am trying to learn the language. It's a bit different than German.
Link Posted: 2/5/2001 8:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
The reason they are called the Pennsylvania Dutch is because in German, the word for the German language is Deutch. (I think i butchered the spelling, but its close)  So, the uneducated locals of the area thought they were Dutch.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top