Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds similar to Tricky.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]
No better way to make a character insufferable than to make it rap.

That is just wrong. Wrong.

Bart Simpson, anyone?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#4]
BTT just because! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Is that anything like a goulami/gourami?
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#6]
freak
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
[b]WTF[/b]  I am so fuckin' tired of that rap shit.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
freak
View Quote

I know you are but what am I! [nana]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Internet = silly
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I finally saw Return of the King today.  Caught the first show at 10:15am and it was packed. I enjoyed it, although the part where Merry communicated with Sauron was way scarier in the book.  Conversely, Shelob was much scarier on the screen.  Actually, the whole movie was pretty thrilling and suspenseful.

Except the end.  The original book ended strangely and kind of awkwardly.  But I was taken aback how radically they changed the ending.  I dont know if I'd feel right taking liberties like that with LOTR.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Especially considering how sappy that Kiwi fuk made the movie. They must have gone through a truckload of saline to create all the dewy eyes in that movie. He could have cut an hour off of the movie by shortening up some of those lingering close ups and dreary monologues too. On top of that he cut the chapter in which the Hobbits return to the Shire and clean house. What a ripoff.

Was anybody elese flashing back to "The Empire Strikes Back" during the battle scene with the elephants? Spielberg must have read Tolkien at some point.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Was anybody elese flashing back to "The Empire Strikes Back" during the battle scene with the elephants? Spielberg must have read Tolkien at some point.[:D]
View Quote

Did you mean George Lucas? If it makes you feel better, he ripped off Kurosawa too.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
would this make more sense if you've seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies?

if so, then good
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm waiting until the "Ultra Grand Mega Collectors Edition Boxed Set That Requires A Forklift" of all three to hit the stores.

Word is that ROTK will be FIVE hours long [shock]

[url]http://www.theonering.net/staticnews/1072200980.html[/url]

RotK EE Rumored "longer than 4 hours and 50 min"
Tookish @ 12:36 pm EST

Editor's Note: I cannot confirm the accuracy of this report!

Nothing clear yet on the release date, let alone the disc specs for the third installment of The Lord of the Rings, however since both previous films had Extended Editions released on DVD it is fair to assume this will happen again, especially after it is rumoured Peter Jackson said the following at the Copenhagen premiere. Basically he commented that the first cut of Return of the King had a running time of four hours and fifty minutes. When asked why this was too long for theatres but acceptable for DVD, he said:

"It is different with the DVD version. People watch it at home. They can lay on the couch or spread the experience over two or three nights. That is the amazing thing with DVD. It gives a whole new dynamic and I can assure you that the DVD version of Return of the King will be longer than 4 hours and 50 min."

Unless any of our Danish readers have can confirm this then it is still rumour, however if true, this really is interesting news.

My note: Also note that Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf) appeared on Jonathan Ross Friday night, and he said that the Extended Edition would be over five hours long.

Andy

[Source: DVDAnswers.com]
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:31:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't check this out here, but I'll definitely check it out!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#16]
That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!  Wish I could figure out how to save it...
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:04:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!  Wish I could figure out how to save it...
View Quote

Hiram, do a search for "*.swf" files in your cache...if you've loaded it, it will be in there and you can drag and drop it anywhere for keeping.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:04:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I guess that's kind of cool that its there, makes me wonder how much other shit is archived though.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:01:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess that's kind of cool that its there, makes me wonder how much other shit is archived though.
View Quote

All that gay pr0n. [shock]
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Shhhhhhhhh... you aren't supposed to tell folks about the Ironworkers Working Their Iron calander I did for your local!  Sheeesh...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top