Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 1:35:52 PM EDT
I just had a cable modem installed today.  I cant believe I havent done this before.  

I used to rarely come to this board because all of the pages took forever to load.  Not any more, Ill be pestering the hell out of you guys now.  Bet you cant wait.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the club!

Make sure you download Zone Alarm ASAP. You're now a good target for hackers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the Club...the joyous congregation of High Bandwidth users and, as we say in the gaming world, LPB's (Low-Ping Bastards).

For me, the cable modem was the next best thing since sliced bread and remanufactured ammunition.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My ISDN line feels slow and sometimes my streaming quotes fail when I open other pages.

Cable will be available next month here. Then I will choose between cable and satellite, both are a lot cheaper and what I’m paying now so I will have more money for guns :D

THISISME
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
WELCOME TO THE 21st century
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#5]
well your lucky i live in amishland that means iam still using two tin cans and a very long string!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#6]
cool.  whats your upload and download.  heres a speed test site: http://www.dslreports.com/stest/0
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
damn U oh well at least i got a t3 at school
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top