Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2001 7:31:55 AM EDT
I have an enfield sporter that needs refinished. The wood is ugly so I just want to put a black coat on it. Does this stiff work? If anyone has done this send me pics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I read somewhere that some guys were using it to paint their M14 stocks. It has a "tacky" feel to it and the report was favorable. If you like black, that is.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:39:33 AM EDT
[#2]
thought about it before but never tried it.  zeibart car care offers rhino lining in all colors maybe they will mix up some for you might want to check it out, i mean if you dont just want plain black.

initial success or total failure
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=985353&a=7285620&p=42633776[/img]

I used "Dupli-Color" truck bed coating on my SAR-2's handguards and original stock.  (now replaced by a faux folder)  I just sanded it down and applied two coats. The first was to get good coverage.  Once that dried, I backed the bottle back a bit 12"-18" and gave it a light second coat that gives a peble-grain type feel.  

BTW, on the bakelight mag I just sandblasted it and used regular Krylon primer & flat black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top