Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 7:13:03 AM EDT
I want to paint the stocks on my Bushy M4, I want it to match my AR-10.I need to know what type of paint to use,are there any prep steps?How scratch resistant is a god paint?Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Semi gloss with a roller.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Damp mop it with Mop-and-glo first.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Cant tell if you just want a black or if you are changing the color, ie; camo.
Enamels are durable.
Cant help you with the god paint.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:15:17 AM EDT
[#4]
If your trying to match the green stock on an AR-10 check out Rock River Arms. They sell Green AR furniture. I believe Armalite will sell you a set too
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#5]
If you are really serious about painting a stock, prepare the surface well and use an airbrush. Make sure to add a small amount of thinner, maybe even some polyeurethane (sp?) to the mix.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 9:25:47 AM EDT
[#6]
If your just trying to bring back the stocks orginal finish, try this product "BACK TO BLACK" it's made by MOTHERS.  just rub it in, let it sit a minute, then wipe it down for a like new look.  this stuff was made for the different types of black plastics & rubbers for todays cars but works just as good on my Ar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top