Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2001 4:52:01 AM EDT
I haven't been following the story too much, but  the police (more specifically a police woman) shot an unarmed girl here in Chicago a while back.  The Mayor and Police Chief came on soon afterwards and said it was a bad shoot (this was done before any investigation).  Johnny Cochran got involved in the Lawsuit, and the city "settled" for $18 mil.  I caught a little on the news last night, and the survey they were doing was 3 to 1 against the City Council approving the settlement.

I agree on the $18 million being excessive.  I also think Johnny Cochran is a scum-sucking, publicity seeking piece of SHiT who doesn't deserve to get $6 million as his cut.  

I haven't been following the whole story, but I am wondering if someone can refresh my memory on the details??

I am also wondering if anyone else has heard what I was told at work last night.  I was told that there may have been an underlying problem--the girl that was shot was dating the police woman's ex-boyfriend??  I also heard that she was ordered to stop shooting long before the girl was killed?

I use girl loosely, as I am not sure of her exact age.

Thanks for any enlightenment.

Link Posted: 5/9/2001 5:58:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I think, let me repeat think, it's the one where the girl was holding a cell phone during a traffic stop.
If I remember correctly the mayor and other officials didn't get off the fence until public opinion pushed them.

As far as the boyfriend angle, that's news to me. and I don't remember any fusillade of fire that anyone had to be ordered to stop.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top