Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2003 10:47:16 AM EDT
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone here has been to the thunder ranch for instruction.  I saw in the local paper yesterday that they are moving to a Lakeview, Or.  I am not involved in law enforcement, but would be interested to attend some classes as they will close to where I live in Oregon.

www.thunderranchinc.com
Thanks for any input.

Fidel
Out

Edited to add URL.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been three times:

Defensive Handgun I
Defensive Handgun II
Urban Rifle

I'd go again in a heart beat.  The best instruction I've ever had, bar none.

Clint is top-notch.  Everything he teaches is well-thought out and after consideration, I can't think of a single thing he taught that I disagree with.

Too bad you can't search back a little over a year ago.  I had a many-page thread on the Urban Rifle Class.

Do go if you can.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:19:37 AM EDT
[#2]
They're comming to you?  What kind of radio are they using?  

You mean COMING to you?  As in to move closer or to where you are?  OH...  Different spelling means something else... (actually 'comming' isn't a word...)

Sorry.  Nitpicky, but spelling correctly is an elementary school level skill.  Everyone here graduated elementary school, right?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They're comming to you?  What kind of radio are they using?  

You mean COMING to you?  As in to move closer or to where you are?  OH...  Different spelling means something else... (actually 'comming' isn't a word...)

Sorry.  Nitpicky, but spelling correctly is an elementary school level skill.  Everyone here graduated elementary school, right?

get over yur self.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#4]
he must have that thur high ejucashun they give in texass
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 11:39:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:(actually 'comming' isn't a word...)

Sure it is, but it is spelled "cumming".  As in: "Oh baby, I'm cumming...I'm cumming!!"

Or have you never heard a woman say that?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#6]
DH1, DH2, UR1, UR2, and a couple of others.

They really aren't "moving" to you... Come early/mid 2005 Thunder Ranch will cease to exist, both in name and physically (it will be bulldozed.)
The "School of Arms" will be opened in OR and run and taught by Clint and Heidi. The classes will be smaller and it will be more personal.

I'm really going to miss the place, I get one more class and then I will never get it see it again :-( I learned A LOT there, made some friends, and always had a really good time.

I still hate Kerville though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm really going to miss the place, ...I learned A LOT there, made some friends, and always had a really good time.

Yep. I can't believe that they will be bulldozing the place.  It is one of the finest ranges that I have ever seen.

I envy the folks up in Oregon.  They are in for a treat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Why?  Not enough business?  Did they just want to slow down a little?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why?  Not enough business?  Did they just want to slow down a little?

Yes and no.  Plenty of business;  too much in fact.  Basically, they are ready to slow down and semi-retire.

Heidi has relatives in Oregon, I believe, and Clint is ready to slow down.  He wants to do more one-on-one instruction.  Thunder Ranch is a full-time, high stress atmosphere.  They want to slow down.

Our loss.

Link Posted: 10/23/2003 8:29:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for the mispronounciation.

I am a produkt of the publik aducazion sistim.

Thanks for all the replies.

Fidel
Out
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Yea what Painless said... Plenty of biz, I think every class is booked until close.

They don't own the land, so it's not thier choice about it getting bulldozed.

Fuck it, I've always wanted to see OR and from their pictures, the new place looks pretty.
I have never liked TX, no offense to you Texans.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I have been to Thunder Ranch.
I attended the following classes:

Defensive Shotgun
Urban Rifle
General Purpose Rifle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top