Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck them. Shitty company anyway.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:11:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Fake letter?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. Up here the local agents are very open about the fact they’ll cover firearms and encourage policies to make sure everything is covered. I’ll have to ask my SOT friends who they go through.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I mean there's no reason to not cover gun manufacturers...not like they can be sued successfully, partly due to the lawful commerce in arms act...unless they are politically motivated.

If so I'll be cancelling ASAP.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:26:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fake letter?
View Quote
Yeah, not sure honestly.

They are a legit business out of Alexandria, MN.

They even offer 10mm upper and lower sets.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Fake letter?
View Quote
Looks like a chop to me.  In for more info.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Interesting. Up here the local agents are very open about the fact they’ll cover firearms and encourage policies to make sure everything is covered. I’ll have to ask my SOT friends who they go through.
View Quote
Could be a local thing. Maybe Operation Chokepoint?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#8]
A gun manufacturer APPLIED for coverage and it was denied.

I am sure SF and many other companies out there do not cover every type of business.

Does SF, Allstate, GIECO, cover bridge construction companies?  Gondola operations?  Skydiving schools?

Those are some hight risk high payout businesses, I am sure you need to find the right kind of insurance company to get coverage.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
“We don’t” sounds suspicious in what is supposed to be an official corporate business document, especially in a regulated business like insurance.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Even my iPhone can zoom in enough to see the photoshop on that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:46:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I don't know anything about State Farm, but I can tell you Erie Insurance is a "conservative" insurance company.  There is a lot they will not insure, and I'm betting that would include firearms businesses. Their "conservative" stance results in lower costs for the customers they do insure.  Meeting with an insurance agent and insurance risk mitigator was an interesting experience.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Just one more reason I'm glad to be rid of those jackasses. They aren't a good neighbor at all.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:58:09 PM EDT
[#13]
I call BS.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:59:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Fake letter?
View Quote
No it's real.  I know one of the owners of that business.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:03:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Probably just considered to be a high-risk entity to insure. Lawsuits, even frivolous ones, aren’t cheap to defend.
View Quote
I thought it was illegal to sue a gun manufacturer..?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Top line & logo appear to be not parallel to the text, and text portion is a different color. Photoshop
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Top line & logo appear to be not parallel to the text, and text portion is a different color. Photoshop
View Quote
No it's not, i can assure you.  A friend of mine is part owner of the business in question.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:22:27 PM EDT
[#20]
So they call Chiarello and start coverage when SF's ends.

Also I don't know why they redacted their address, ATF has all that info on their web site.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:56:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Looks like a chop to me.  In for more info.
View Quote
Quoted:

No it's real.  I know one of the owners of that business.
View Quote
This is what I thought.

Posting in GD can usually get interesting opinions on a matter of legitimacy.

Glock63, can you enlighten us?
Or is it as simple as the letter states?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't insure gun companies either.  Does that make me anti gun?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:05:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Cover up the SFPP account, OP, that’s sensitive info.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:09:22 AM EDT
[#24]
This is over reactive nonsense by people who don't understand the insurance industry.  I can assure you there are many insurance companies that deal primarily with property and casualty for the average Joe who do not cover manufacturing exposures.

In this case it just happened to be firearms.  I bet State Farm wouldn't cover a business that makes frozen waffles, either.

And on the other hand, with State Farm being the number one homeowner insurer, they probably insure more firearms than anyone else.

But they are anti-gun, don't you know.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:25:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Cover up the SFPP account, OP, that’s sensitive info.
View Quote
Fixed
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is over reactive nonsense by people who don't understand the insurance industry.  I can assure you there are many insurance companies that deal primarily with property and casualty for the average Joe who do not cover manufacturing exposures.

In this case it just happened to be firearms.  I bet State Farm wouldn't cover a business that makes frozen waffles, either.

And on the other hand, with State Farm being the number one homeowner insurer, they probably insure more firearms than anyone else.

But they are anti-gun, don't you know.
View Quote
Why insure the business to begin with then?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#27]
You people and the fake news.

Policy language doesn't have "we don't" in it, let alone underwriting doesn't issue a letter with that language in it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#28]
When we had our gun shop open we had property insurance through State Farm. They would not give us liability insurance because we would be selling used guns. We ended up having to get that from Lloyds of London.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Policy language doesn't have "we don't" in it, let alone underwriting doesn't issue a letter with that language in it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:46:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Found the state farm agent
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 12:48:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Looks fake but they are promoting it as the real deal

https://www.facebook.com/AlexProFirearms/
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I am sure SF and many other companies out there do not cover every type of business.

Does SF, Allstate, GIECO, cover bridge construction companies?  Gondola operations?  Skydiving schools?

Those are some hight risk high payout businesses, I am sure you need to find the right kind of insurance company to get coverage.
View Quote
Firearms manufacturing is not a high risk business.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:11:54 AM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
Derp.

They don't insure mechanics either. They want just regular, run of the mill stuff to insure. Not gun manufacturers. Big deal.

Grow up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:12:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea? Is that your company's take on it? High is relative term anyways.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:15:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Yep many insurance companies out there do not cover firearms business, gun shops, etc. Nothing new.  After the Vegas shooting some of the big names like Philadelphia aka Toyko Marine are not renewing policies anymore for those who had insurance through them.

Insurance, workmans comp, and heck even credit card processing is a real bitch for the firearms industry.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fuck them. Shitty company anyway.
View Quote
Yea, they're horrible. Your company probably is way better by like a million times. Haha fuck them, right?
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:46:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Why insure the business to begin with then?
View Quote
Probably because an agent who didn't properly qualify the business in the first place sent in a bound application on an ineligible business.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 2:51:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You run far more liability risk running a retail business in an inner-city than a firearms manufacturing business.

Unless an insurance company considers manufacturing in general to be too high risk, it's a bullshit excuse. Firearms manufacturers have considerably more legal protection than regular machine shops.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 3:01:52 AM EDT
[#39]
There’s a difference between commercial/industrial and retail, just taking a quick look at their website gives no indication that they insure ANY manufacturing/industrial businesses.

Everything is underwritten differently fellas, does the fact that they don’t insure buttplug manufacturers make them anti-gay too?

Most likely they were sold a retail policy and when it was submitted as a manufacturer or whatever it got rejected, big whoop.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Edward B. Rust Jr was the CEO and he has stated in the past he is in favor of gun control.
With that in mind it's not hard to believe.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Not called 'Snake Farm' for nothing, spent 10ys managing projects in corp, shit-ass company with shit-ass leadership. 20 years ago SF was beyond cash rich, now if stock market hiccups they're the next AIG begging for a handout.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Edward B. Rust Jr was the CEO and he has stated in the past he is in favor of gun control.
With that in mind it's not hard to believe.
View Quote
Inbred Ed stepped down couple years ago.
Best of knowledge Rust family still owns the land corp campus is built on though.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#43]
State Farm didn't insure guns 30 years ago either.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
State Farm didn't insure guns 30 years ago either.
View Quote
Actually, they did. That was right about the time that my father filed a claim for a stolen Sterling .380 that was taken in a burglary. They paid out the full replacement value. It was when his agent at the time encouraged him to place a firearms rider on his policy that would cover his entire collection, as they considered it personal property at the time, and only covered (IIRC, it's been 30 years...) $2500 on their standard homeowner's policy. He paid a few bucks more, and wound up with a rider covering up to $10,000 in firearms. 30 years ago, that was a decent collection. These days, that can be exceeded in less than a dozen run of the mill guns.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 7:45:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Been with SF since I was a teen and not dropping for any reason, sorry. They have always done right by me and my agent is great.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:19:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:07:13 AM EDT
[#47]
I'm not believing it until I see a better explanation from the arfcommer who knows the business owner, and corroboration from other sources.

Right now on FB I keep seeing stuff like "Confirmed!  Flying J truck stops will no longer fly an American flag to not offend their customers. Share this so others know not to do business there!"  Of course, these posts are usually shared by a competing truck stop or gas station chain. I think I just saw the third different gas station chain named in the post.

The book of faces is an evil tome, and should not be trusted.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#48]
My wife has worked for SF many years.  I showed her the letter and she said they don't insure those types of businesses because they are considered high risk.  It has nothing to do with firearms.  As mentioned before they don't insure mechanics either, but I doubt they would be considered anti-car since they make a lot of money from them.

ETA:  They will insure guns as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:32:18 PM EDT
[#49]
i switched from Farmers to Safeco aka Liberty Mutal and firearms are included automatically, i didn't have to buy a separate rider either. the agent i've known for over 20 years and a big pro 2A recommended it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Then again, State Farm don't seem to like people shooting on their own property either:

http://www.scfirearms.org/Merchants/StateFarm/garys_statement.htm

http://www.scfirearms.org/Merchants/StateFarm/garyfaq.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top