Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2001 1:07:35 PM EDT
Does it stand for heavy barrel? I'm not sure about this and I'm just wondering.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#1]
yup, mil-spec a2 style heavy barrel=HBAR anything bigger is usually called bull barrel or match
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Heavy barrel ASSAULT rifle.

Just kidding.

Hunter out...
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. It stands for Heavy Barrel.  Current M16A2 rifles use a standard "government profile" barrel. I believe that the heavy barrel was developed for prototypes based on the M16A2 that were supposed to be used as a SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon).  As I understand it, these Heavy Barrels are not used as mainstream barrels.  The current weapon used in the SAW role is the M249 made by FN.

This is information that I pieced together from various things I’ve read on the Internet.  If this is incorrect, I welcome someone to correct the information.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Home Boy Assault Rifle [:D]  
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, I apprieciate it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was born it was found stamped into my "manhood".
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 2:19:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Gun Toter:
When I was born it was found stamped into my "manhood".
View Quote

Doesn't do any good when you're considered a "short barreled rifle" does it?  [;)]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Have Bad Ass Rifle
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Alrighty, It's me again--still new here.  Why do you want a heavy barrel, match barrel, or bull barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top