Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:24:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I could go for a sub.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bowing to the left Publix has pulled all gun related magazines from its stores. Interestingly in my local store it replaced the magazines with several promoting Oprah as a great potential presidential candidate. I plan to try shopping at Publix's competition.
View Quote
Did you tell their CEO? [email protected]

It's interesting that a number of these CEO's pushing these agendas became CEO in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”
View Quote
Then make that target the CEO [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Firearms owners are the new cigarette smokers.
View Quote
This. Soon we will have to wear a scarlet letter.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah, Publix.

Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, a big red 1.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

*raises hand*

A dead tree can be read by candlelight.  A computer/smartphone/internet router with no power is a brick.

And, yes, I read books, too, and don't own a Kindle.  Nothing like sitting down with a good book, a good cigar, and a good beer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Where’d you see/hear that OP?

As of about an hour ago the Publix in Tequesta still had the usual gun ad rags.
View Quote
Me too ! I was the good looking dude with the HK cap hanging around the deli.

Howdy neighbor
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#10]
My Publix in St. Petersburg took them out a week ago and I complained. Today they were still gone so I spoke to the same manager as last week. He said they got orders from corporate to take them out. With the extra space they just put extra magazines there and chance only put Oprah and O related magazines there. I checked two other Publix stores in St. Pete and they had no shooting magazines either.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Most gun range these days are full of nothing but advertisements and very, very little substance.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:17:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Soooooooooooooooooo! All these businesses thumbing their noses at the 2nd and law abiding gun owners.

If I just happen to HAVE to visit one of these establishments out of need or necessity.

Would it be wrong for me to be a condescending dick and display contempt to everyone, customer or employee alike, that I couldn't avoid interaction with?

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:22:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Dangit they have a really great selection, but holy hell the 10$ prices are insane.

Publix is cheap, but between Aldi and Walmart its only for produce now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

You joke, but that's their exact angle.  Stigmatize, marginalize, and then regulate and price out of existence.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#16]
So load up your cart (not buggy) with food, frozen especially, and then go looking for a gun magazine and when you can't find them, ask someone and then tell them to get a manager.  When he/she comes, tell them that if they can afford to alienate you as a firearms owner, who had nothing to do with any of what's going on, then they can afford to find someone else to take your place as a customer.  And then walk out.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Overpriced anyway. The only thing they had going for them was their cakes.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So load up your cart (not buggy) with food, frozen especially, and then go looking for a gun magazine and when you can't find them, ask someone and then tell them to get a manager.  When he/she comes, tell them that if they can afford to alienate you as a firearms owner, who had nothing to do with any of what's going on, then they can afford to find someone else to take your place as a customer.  And then walk out.
View Quote
I like it.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Who buys gun magazines?
Who buys them at Publix?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hmm, not sure what my response will be, we use Publix for about 35% of our grocery needs.
Of course I have never bought any magazine there.
View Quote
You must be made of money then.

Use Safeway or WinnDixie or Save-A-Lot or Aldis or WalMart.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
Just came home from Publix.

Gun rags are still on the shelf.
View Quote
This.  I was at my local Publix two hours ago and they had several gun magazines.

I do know they will remove magazines from time to time.  They did stop selling a non-firearms magazine that I used to purchase there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Soooooooooooooooooo! All these businesses thumbing their noses at the 2nd and law abiding gun owners.

If I just happen to HAVE to visit one of these establishments out of need or necessity.

Would it be wrong for me to be a condescending dick and display contempt to everyone, customer or employee alike, that I couldn't avoid interaction with?

Asking for a friend.
View Quote
So be a condescending prick to people that had absolutely nothing to do with the pulling of gun rags?  Brilliant plan.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So be a condescending prick to people that had absolutely nothing to do with the pulling of gun rags?  Brilliant plan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Asking for a friend.
That why I was asking.

Appreciate your nod of disapproval.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#24]
All arfcommers living near Publixes must do the following:

1) Go to an_Publix
2) Overfill up shopping cart with merchandise. This works best if fresh produce is piled in the cart.
3) Abandon cart and leave Publix
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I literally just walked past them at my store.

So maybe it's your store manager?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Gun Magazines are all I ever bought at Publix.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was around for 1994, and I've never seen so many businesses go so retarded.
View Quote
What's coming is going to be worse than 94.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
OOH! Publix DID something!

Hey! Look at us, we DID something!

Squirt of piss.
View Quote
Yes the continued stigmatization of gun owners is a minor thing not to be concerned over. It's not like public opinion on certain issues means anything during elections.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
People read magazines? But seriously the day when the interwebs is swept clean of gun sites by liberal cock gobbling CEOS will be a bad day.

I fully understand that a company may do what it wants and this isn't a violation of the 1st amendment.

However, it is high time we took a page from the liberal playbook (the gay cake baking one) and demand that it is illegal for web hosts that use a PUBLIC entity (the internet) to block free speech.

There is precedent there too. A private Mardi Gras krewe is free to keep out black members, but isn't allowed to use public roads. "In 1991 the New Orleans City Council, led by Democrat Dorothy Mae Taylor, passed an ordinance that required social organizations, including Mardi Gras Krewes, to certify publicly that they did not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, disability, or sexual orientation, in order to obtain parade permits and other public licensure."

So if a company wants to use public space, whether literal or electronic, they cannot discriminate against free speech.

FGoogle
FTwitter
FFbook
View Quote
All it takes is one or two web hosting services.....
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Who reads magazines anymore anyways?!

View Quote
Stupid ass reply.

Grow the hell up and realize that a very high number prefer print to a damned computer that will go out with loss of electricity.

Dont equate anybody to yourself and no one has the same opinions as you on everything. Everybody is different.

Did you not learn to read at all on printed material?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:15:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Gun Magazines are all I ever bought at Publix.
View Quote
Then you should tell them.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was around for 1994, and I've never seen so many businesses go so retarded.
They're telegraphing this punch.

Also a lot more people have gotten into shooting.  There are also far more "I don't hunt/heritage/etc., I own guns because of rights" people than there were before.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's going to have the opposite effect. People don't like being told what they can't have. They'll eat the forbidden fruit.

Smoking works because they jacked the price of a pack up to $10 in a lot of places.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:19:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
This. Soon we will have to wear a scarlet letter.
View Quote
Something more like a star....
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#35]
I wonder what would happen if the milk smash prank started happening in the greeting card aisle.
Could be bad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Who reads magazines anymore anyways?!

View Quote
going with this.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Something more like a star....
View Quote
Yeah, but it may end up looking more like this...

Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:35:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh they're trying it, but it's not going to fly.

Nobody bought giant piles of cigs, lighters, and matches at great personal expense because they felt they were needed to safeguard fundamental human rights.    They are biting off more than they can chew here.

Almost nobody buys gun rags at grocery stores - just like almost nobody used the Delta NRA discount.   But plenty of people are going to tell them to go fuck themselves and find a new place to shop.
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#39]
people still buy magazines?
Link Posted: 3/3/2018 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Do we have a link to any type of official statement?  All the gun rags were still up in my local Publix a few days ago.

In any case, I spend $300-$400/month there.  If this is true, fuck them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 3:25:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Most likely a district manager rather than corporate?   One would think the such a publicity hounding move for social change would have been blathered out in a press release.

Has anyone in the OP's AO checked out their Publix for confirmation?

If I recall,  most prime shelf space, is "leased" to various vendors (which is why you see the uniformed Pepsi rep stocking their product, and not the store stocker).  I belive the same to be true with the magazine section.  So, Publix may not have too much say as to what goes there.

Perhaps arf.com members in the grocery industry can correct me on this?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Most likely a district manager rather than corporate?   One would think the such a publicity hounding move for social change would have been blathered out in a press release.

Has anyone in the OP's AO checked out their Publix for confirmation?

If I recall,  most prime shelf space, is "leased" to various vendors (which is why you see the uniformed Pepsi rep stocking their product, and not the store stocker).  I belive the same to be true with the magazine section.  So, Publix may not have too much say as to what goes there.

Perhaps arf.com members in the grocery industry can correct me on this?
View Quote
I just returned from the Publix I frequent and the various gun magazines were on the shelves same as usual.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm going to need to see some proof on this. Publix is really the only game in town in my area. Winn Dixie is trash, smells horrible and is 30 minutes away. Trader Joes and Whole Foods would be my other options.

I will do all I can to avoid Publix if this is the case as I am a firm believer that the vote heard loudest is the vote cast with dollars and I spend a lot of dollars at Publix.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Mine had a shelf full of them this morning.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:19:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Krogers has a shit ton of gun magazines.  Lots with scary black assaulty stuff too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#46]
My Publix has the National Enquier covered up at the check stand. The NE is a more reliable news source these days than the NYT.

I always make it a point to uncover it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#47]
RIP Publix deli sandwiches
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:29:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Interesting. I did not even know they had magazines at Publix!
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oh they're trying it, but it's not going to fly.

Nobody bought giant piles of cigs, lighters, and matches at great personal expense because they felt they were needed to safeguard fundamental human rights.    They are biting off more than they can chew here.

Almost nobody buys gun rags at grocery stores - just like almost nobody used the Delta NRA discount.   But plenty of people are going to tell them to go fuck themselves and find a new place to shop.
View Quote
About the only reason I'll set foot in the grocery store while my wife shops is to thumb through the gun mags and maybe buy if there is something interesting. Switching grocery stores is easy as pie, and I'd be happy to so if any decide to play that SJW shit here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
RIP Publix deli sandwiches
View Quote
RIP Publix fried chicken.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top