Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2001 6:05:11 PM EDT
This summer I'm going to visit my folks in Florida for about three weeks.  Rather then sitting around all day while they are at work, I'd like to bring one of my rifles so I can go to the range.  What is the best, cheap, safe, and legal way to get my rifle there.  Note, I'm not driving, I'm flying...

Thanks ahead of time!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a suitable case, aluma being my favorite. Check it in as baggage and declare it as a firearm. It must be unloaded and there are a few other guidelines. Call your airline to find out what you need. Oh yeah, LOCK IT.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 7:50:17 PM EDT
[#2]
email me.I can give you general instructions.Also what to ask and tell the airline your flying,there all a little diffrent.
My wife works for a airline and ive flown alot with firearms.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top