Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 6:03:05 PM EDT
I was wondering does these trigger modification parts that simulate full automatic are legal or illegal?
I've seen several company like Tac-Trigger and Hellstorm 2000 claims that you can convert your ar-15 to fire 600-900 rounds per minute.  And they mentioned it's legal to own.
But i thought you cannot modify your AR to shoot fully automatic because it's illegal unless you have a Class III license.
They're pretty cheap too about 30 to 40 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:08:23 PM EDT
[#1]
C.....R......A......P.......

Any questions?
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the $30-$40 bucks and buy either ammo or spare mags. whatever you do, do not buy Tac-shit. the only one of those things that i've ever been able to work to a degree is the auto-burst. dont waste money on this either. instead practice double taps.

money wasting lib
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
If you want to play "wanna be" get your tax stamp and let Uncle Sam track your a$$ all over Kingdom Come. Otherwise save your money and observe the people that are wasting $$ or worse...selling for a profit junk that simulates "full auto".

Lib said it right...practice double taps. Personally 10 ringing at 200 or 300 yards is a lot more challenging.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#5]
As fast and controllably as an AR15 can drop 30 rounds, why do you need to buy anything to increase that rate?

I'll echo the previous statements that these items are pieces of crap. Buy more ammo with the $$.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Have any of you guys tried the "folded staple trick" in the sear of a mini 14.  Although, I currently do not own one at the present, it is a dandy method of producing 2 rounds with each cycle of the trigger.  Once on the pull, and again upon release.  So simple it's scarey.  I'll leave the details to someone else.  I don't condone it myself. (Read as: too chicken shit to post the specifics in fear of liability issues.)
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Cope, You can do the same thing to an AR.

I over polished my dissconnector in my Bushy (trying to help the shit trigger), took off enough that the hammer didn't catch, instant 2 round burst, but I fixed it right away.

scared the shit outta me when I did it tho....
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#8]
If your not concerned about accuracy...try the " bump-fire " technique...It's kind of neat, but I wouldn't recommend trying it when others are at the range...It might give someone a bad impression of gun owners...just use common sense.
I haven't tried it with any of my AR's yet, but did have a pretty successful attempt with one of my AK-47's . It's not that easy, but it DOES work.
Worked so good 2 weeks ago, that the range keeper came strolling down the path to the shooting benches asking who was shooting the automatic weapons...I apologized, and offered to open up the guns to prove they were only "semi" auto. He said "no problem" just had to see who was here...
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Cope, You can do the same thing to an AR.

I over polished my dissconnector in my Bushy (trying to help the shit trigger), took off enough that the hammer didn't catch, instant 2 round burst, but I fixed it right away.

scared the shit outta me when I did it tho....
View Quote

Ya don't say....;^)
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm from the ATF, what's your home address?  

LOL

I had the same prob with my AR.  It had M16 parts in it when I bought it.  All I would have needed was the drop in auto sear.  I should have gone after the dealer I bought it from to get the replacement parts.

It would double fire.  Once on the pull and once on the release.  Needless to say, I got them out of it real fast when I realized what I had.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 5:32:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Does that mean that the Hellstorm2000 that I bought wont work?  OOH Pooh.
[}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D][}:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top