Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2001 10:39:43 AM EDT
I just ordered 600 rounds of the South African 80's vintage ammo.  They are in sealed packs.  Are they any good or should I expect trouble with them?[grenade]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If this is the South African PMP ammo, 55gr., you'll love it!  Accurate and reliable.  [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Very good ammo.....have had zero probs.
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have put over 2000 rounds through one of my Armalites and have had no problems.

NO SLACK!
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
PMP very good stuff
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 11:45:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Without starting a new thread, I have a question about the S.A. ammo.  I have shot up several of the green mid 80's battlepacks, and am very pleased with it for the price.  

At a show last week, one of the dealers had 3 different kinds of S.A. African .223.  The first was the mid 80's in the green battlepacks.  The second was in black light weight plastic battlepacks.  The third was the commercial gazelle boxed ammo.

At first, I thought the black packs were the commercial packs, but this guy told me that it was late 90's production military grade ammo.  He said that both types of the military ammo were made by Denel, and the commercial gazelle boxes are made by PMP.

Ever run across the black battlepacks?  I have never read anything about it.

Was this guy misinformed when he told me that the mid 80's ammo is Denel, rather than PMP?

It was rather odd that he was charging a couple bucks less for the 90's manufacture than he was for the 80's.  Yet he INSISTED that BOTH were Denel military production ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top