Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 9:35:18 PM EDT
All right, I have Ruger Ranch Rifle that can toss .223 shells about 30ft w/o any exaggeration.  I've seen HK91's launch brass pretty far.  Any here have gun that makes the guy(s) to your right duck for cover?

Edited due to dyslexia...DOH

Thanks for pointing that out NYshooter.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
nope!  all mine ejected to the right of me[BD]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have 3 brass throwers

mak90 ejects them about 35' & as high as 8' in the air when doing it

sar8  about30' to 40'  & about 6' in front of the rifle

l1a1  about 40' & even with ejection port.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a sks that threw brass 15 ft in the air!! every one ran for cover when I broght it out. the same gun would go full auto at times. scared the shit out of me the first time it hapend!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:35:46 PM EDT
[#5]
My SKS and my mini-14 both launch brass pretty far. I once shot a mini-30 that would send them at least 30' to the 1:00 position.
It was fun shooting one round, then trying to hit the spent brass out of the air with the next. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I learned not to be stupid and fire my SKS underneath one of those covered benches at the local range, it goes up bounces off the damned thing and then hits me right back in the head.   Otherwise it will kick the brass about 15 feet up and about 15 feet ahead of the muzzle.

I've yelled at some dumb idiot at the range for throwing his HK91 brass all over a bench rester, of all the 15 open benches at the range he goes and sets up immediately to the left side of the benchrester who had deliberately set up at the furthest end of the range and the HK91 idiot fires off all his rounds rapid fire.   After watching a couple empties bounce off the barrel of the benchrester's bolt action rifle and make it nearly back to the shooter of the HK91 I yelled at the idiot to have some common sense, after he moved the brass atleast cleared the bencrester while going through it's trajectory and landing about 40 feet away.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#7]
My MAK-90 7.62x39 AK chucks'em almost 90 degrees straight up out of the receiver and bounces them off the roof of the covered shooting bench area at my range. The cases are just raining down in all directions. It's a good idea to wear a ballcap when shooting it to prevent cuts on the noggin....

My Romanian WUM-1 7.62x39 AK fires 'em straight out the side, 10-15ft off the ground and sends them about 25-30 feet away...(my truck now has chips in the paint from parking too close to shooting benches)

My Olympic AR's just "toss" them gently over my RH shoulder onto a neat little pile about 5 feet behind me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top