Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2001 7:50:51 PM EDT
Any other MP5 clones out there? Is there a kit for these? What is the most inexpensive way to go about buying one of these? I don't have much free cash but would really like to own one now that I'm out of the PRK.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#2]
LT, forget the SW's alright?  I can't believe you've missed out on all of this.  With SW you might get a good one and you might get a POS, if you get the latter Todd will call you among other things, an A$$hole, a Faggot, a Dumba$$, etc, etc.  When you try to get it fixed.  Key word is "TRY".  If I'm not mistaken you can buy a nice Uzi A or B for around $1100 or $1200 and it will work.  Not only that but he called us ar15.com a$$holes a month or so ago.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have heard a lot of bad things about the quality of the SW5's. So I think that's not the way to go. I have really been drooling to get my hands on one of these however. Just wanted to see if there is an inexpensive(notice I did not say cheap) way to go. Saw and HK PDW at a gunshow and it was going for 3K. Ouchhh!!!

CIB you are right UZI do go for the low 1K for FA. Not looking for an FA yet though. Maybe in a yr or so.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember when HK's were about $600.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:26:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I remember when HK's were about $600.
View Quote

When I turned 18 I bought an HK91 for $850 came with 2 HK mags. That rifle is now worth 3x maybe even 4x what I paid for it. Its crazy.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
CIB you are right UZI do go for the low 1K for FA. Not looking for an FA yet though. Maybe in a yr or so.
View Quote

LT - I think CIB meant for a semi - FA Uzis are in the $2-3k range.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#8]
LT--

I would imagine what you saw at the gunshow was an SP-89.  That is the semi-auto (pistol) version of the full auto HK MP-5K and PDW (basically, the PDW added a folding stock).

Since you are now in Texas, you could get a real (sear gun) MP-5 PDW for $7500.  Or a full auto UZI for $2800.  Or a MAC for $900.  

I like the HK stuff, but it is a little overpriced--and, generally there are better guns in a given caliber in semi-auto for a good bit less money.  

Definitely skip the SW stuff.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:17:12 PM EDT
[#9]
SW does offer a PDW model with a pinned open stock and permanently attached fake suppressor and it is also a piece of shit made by an idiot with a attitude problem.

LT, if you want a good gun get the LEGP for more than half the price. A preban uzi can aslo be bought for less money if you don't want to class 3 a FA from Vector.

Point being you could buy several real guns for the same cash. If all you want is something that looks cool regardless of function, get an airsoft. They are cheaper and more dependable. Then you will still have money left over for guns that will work. Don't join the ranks of those who paid preban prices to be taken advantage of and insulted.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:15:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Save up for the real thing. H&Ks, like Beemers and Mercedes, are built with German craftsmanship and, thus, command a premium. At least that's what they try to tell you to sell you. I haven't shot an MP5 clone, but I've run a couple of the real things and really admire them. Easy to shoot, well-built; they're just expensive--initially and when it comes time to get parts/service. Check out www.impactguns.com; they're a Class 3 dealer in Utah with a fun site. [uzi]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top