Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 5:43:25 PM EDT
just got this e-mail and would like to share with all you SoCal shooters.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

-------- Original Message -------- Subject:  Update 3 May 2001
Date:  Thu, 3 May 2001 16:54:54 -0700
To:  

Dear Friends of Burro Canyon, Things are getting close! The Forest Service has TENTATIVELY agreed to reopen Burro Canyon on June 15 after a number of things are accomplished. We are still not completely satisfied because:     1. We want the Range opened PERIOD! (not tentatively)    2. We want the range opened by Memorial Day weekend. The Forest Service has acquiesced on a number of issues; however, we feel that if we satisfy their revised demands they should automatically sign the permit. The items that we must address are:     1. Complete a financial audit of the last five years (this is scheduled for Mid-May)    2. Removal of spent cartridge casings and debris from within 10 feet of all drainage culverts    3. Removal of Shotgun hulls from the rifle range In addition to these we will be assembling a work party to meet at Burro Canyon on Saturday, May 5, @ 1000 to address other maintenance issues as well. Anyone who wishes to help please e-mail: [email protected] . We will probably do this for the next couple of weekends. If there are other days that are better for some of you please let us know. On to Victory! Rangemaster
Burro Canyon Shooting Park
"If you live in California, join GOC!"
On the web: http://www.gunownersca.com

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#1]
On our last shoot the RO for Burro was at Angeles Shooting Range, he gave us the skinny then, I was going to wait to post it. Sorta dont trust the local govt. Things could change.
The RO said they signed a multi year contract. I hope so, but I aint holding my breath. It slips through my fingers anyway
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
^
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
^
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 9:13:57 AM EDT
[#4]
If anyone has a problem with me, I will be waiting by the outhouse at the rifle range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top