Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2001 10:05:23 AM EDT
Serial # 18xxx.  It is a complete rifle. A2 upper, 16" barrel, collapsable buttstock.  He wants $1100.  Good deal?
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Look here: http://www.geocities.com/Pipeline/2494/serial.html

"Below 10300 - Pre-Ban"
Be carefull. I'd call DPMS and ask them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Derek, it is post-ban.  Thanks for the help.  Should I post the guys name who is trying to sell it as a pre-ban?  Pretty damn dishonest, if you ask me!  He is at a gun show today here in MN.

Spray.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a fair price if you can get pre-ban certification.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:01:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't really like the gun dealers I have been to in NY. 1 or 2 are ok but It does not seem like they want you as a long term customer. I deal with one guy who isn't bad. You should post his name. We should have a sh t list with gun dealers and what they tried/or pulled on us consumers. Gun dealers should have a list of the serial numbers so they can make sure of pre or post ban. It is their business and for the legal question it is a no brainer. Post his name.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya, got an inkling when he hedged when i asked him if he could prove it was preban.  It's supposed to be his job to know the law, and he acted ignorant.  One table away was a mish-mash PWA,Colt,Bush, pre-ban for $1550, and the guy new the serial # and what it had to be.  It is up to us as consumers to know what to look out for, but shame on the vendor that is out to make a buck, honest or not.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Serial Number List:

http://old.ar15.com/legal/serialNumberList.asp

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top