Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2001 6:55:51 AM EDT
it looks like the gas co. are sticking it to us again this summer, and its gonna be a long hard and EXPENSIVE one at that. last time this happened 1 day was set aside for EVERYONE to Not buy gas and help to lower the prices, and it seems to have worked ok. if we dont do anything the gas prices could go up to $3 a gallon in some parts, and it will surely be too expensive to go to the gun range, hunting trips, or even down to the local gun store for a quick peek.

an email was sent to me on how to fight this BS and to keep our ammo expenditures UP and our gas costs DOWN

Exxon and Mobil are the biggest gas suppliers, and the email said to NOT BUY GAS FROM EXXON OR MOBIL all summer or until they lower there prices, and to buy gas from the other guys instead.
i would take this one step farther and have 1 day a Week where NO ONE buys gas, say NO GAS TUESDAYS. it could be any day really, but since monday you might have to fill up for work, and friday you need gas for the weekend.

so we should pick a NO GAS day and then email everyone you know to boycott gas on those days, and IF they need to buy gas DONT buy it from Exxon or Mobil. send letters into your local newspapers telling everyone to Boycott gas once a week.
hopefully this should help lower the gas prices in the long run, and help us to conserve it too, and SLOW THE F**K DOWN ON THE FREEWAYS, at 70 or 80MPH your gas mileage takes a dump.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
i say we make it wendsday......

course i have been thinking of getting a scooter and going to work (6 miles) on that. its a lot cheaper in the long run.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't buy gass from them anyway. At least in New England, Exxon and Mobil tend to be at least a nickel higher than competitors. Gulf and Citgo or private labels are usually not nearly as bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top