BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/19/2017 12:26:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the review, William!

My EDC is a G23, so completely agree that this is a sweet spot in size for a carry pistol.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the review, William!

My EDC is a G23, so completely agree that this is a sweet spot in size for a carry pistol.
View Quote
The capacity and size and everything is spot on 
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
How much is ARFcom being paid for this review?

I'm interested in the gun, but to see a review stickied to the top of GD?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Many videos from those 2 members have been stickied.  

Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you notice which YouTube channel the videos are on?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
Neither Arfcom, William, nor myself are paid by vendors or manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I suppose another "advantage" is it creates more distinction between the Compact and Shield.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice review, thanks. I love my 9mm 2.0 compact. I think they got really right with this one.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I suppose another "advantage" is it creates more distinction between the Compact and Shield.
View Quote
Good point.  And the 2.0 Shield will be out in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone making a good aiwb holster for it yet?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone making a good aiwb holster for it yet?
View Quote
JM Custom Kydex, Knightfall Customs, Bravo Concealment and likely others. Many of them use the same mold as the standard 2.0 M&P since the barrels are only like 1/4" different.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Good review.  Can't wait to get mine.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
.40 for the win.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Great review but I still like the thinner Shield
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the work on the video.

I like that the older S&W Compact is bigger than a G-26 and smaller than a G-19.  

I wonder if S&W is doing this to position themselves to make a double stack G-26 sized M&P.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm really liking mine, put Heinie Ledge sights on to replace the shitty 3 dot S&Ws.  Also, damn S&W to HELL for not making a supply of spare magazines.  You get the two with the gun, and two adapter spacers for full size magazines.  No telling with spares will hit the market.

If they want to compete with the G19 they need to close the logistics gap, too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
.40 for the win.
View Quote
If they offered one of these in 10mm I'd be burning rubber the entire way to the store.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:20:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I have the Full size 5 inch C.O.R.E and the Performance Center Shield..... but I wanted the 2.0 Compact bad.   I couldn't find anyone local that had one in stock the week they came out but I bought one the next week.   I have been carrying it since then and I like it.   I need to find a new holster though.   The grip is a bit rough against skin when I drive with it still holstered (4 or 5 o'clock position).
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:37:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Well done
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:16:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Dammit, I liked the first gen well enough to get two, both Apex’d, and all spare mags with the finger rest because it made the overall size right.

Now they change it up, just to spite my wallet.

Oh, and tag.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:18:22 AM EDT
[#22]
I'll be getting one someday, but not a first run.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:09:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't buy it.

S&W is plastered all over the site

Pinned in GD, on the front page, at the top of every forum ... yeah ok
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't buy it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy it.

Sorry. I should have been more specific. We aren't paid by manufacturers or vendors for reviews. I don't know anything about advertising on the site other than what you and I can both see. It has no bearing on our videos.

We don't keep test equipment either. Obviously, things like ammo or armor are consumed by the testing process and not returned to the manufacturer, but 10mm_ doesn't get to keep this pistol and there is zero incentive for him to be anything but perfectly candid. If you've paid any attention to the videos that William and I do, both for our own channels, and for Arfcom, we are not shy about telling you when something sucks.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, either. Are you saying that this site and the video reviews and tests we make should be subscription only? I'm not sure that's a sustainable model.

What's really funny though, is that as critical as you are about videos here, you are probably gobbling up the reviews posted by certain large YouTube channels and the gun rags. Those really are flat paid advertising. And you're worried about Arfcom tacking a thread.

ETA: and I should admit that I do have bias, but it has nothing to do with advertising. I hate gimmick ammo and I'm hyper critical of any new ammo design. William hates SBRs and .300 BLK. But that's not because he was paid by the 20" cabal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I think NotanATFagent is just concerned that the two of you are really lazy welders when there is a lot of work to be done.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:09:41 AM EDT
[#26]
"Lazy welder"? Is that like code for something? I'm kinda slow. And lazy. But I'm a terrible welder.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
"Lazy welder"? Is that like code for something? I'm kinda slow. And lazy. But I'm a terrible welder.
View Quote
He's referencing another thread.  He's mad that I expect work out of my workers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Lol. IC.

In a manner of speaking we are your employees so feel free to criticize.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#29]
10/10 review Would not buy the M2.0. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As Andrew stated above the reviews are not paid and the equipment is returned to the manufacturer, so there's no incentive for a biased review. We've partnered with our Andrew and William to produce more content for our YouTube channel and I've been tacking videos in GD for a couple of months. We've "plastered" some of Andrews gel tests as well. This is just us promoting our own content.  
View Quote
I, for one, appreciate it.  I enjoy watching review videos.  As the viewer, it is up to me and me alone to determine whether I feel the person on camera is credible and what they are saying has merit or not.  If anything, videos like this just give us another perspective on new equipment that we might not get elsewhere short of buying the item for ourselves.

I hope everyone keeps up the good work.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If they offered one of these in 10mm I'd be burning rubber the entire way to the store.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
.40 for the win.
omg me too
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Sorry. I should have been more specific. We aren't paid by manufacturers or vendors for reviews. I don't know anything about advertising on the site other than what you and I can both see. It has no bearing on our videos.

We don't keep test equipment either. Obviously, things like ammo or armor are consumed by the testing process and not returned to the manufacturer, but 10mm_ doesn't get to keep this pistol and there is zero incentive for him to be anything but perfectly candid. If you've paid any attention to the videos that William and I do, both for our own channels, and for Arfcom, we are not shy about telling you when something sucks.

I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for, either. Are you saying that this site and the video reviews and tests we make should be subscription only? I'm not sure that's a sustainable model.

What's really funny though, is that as critical as you are about videos here, you are probably gobbling up the reviews posted by certain large YouTube channels and the gun rags. Those really are flat paid advertising. And you're worried about Arfcom tacking a thread.

ETA: and I should admit that I do have bias, but it has nothing to do with advertising. I hate gimmick ammo and I'm hyper critical of any new ammo design. William hates SBRs and .300 BLK. But that's not because he was paid by the 20" cabal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't buy it.

I paid for all the ammo in this video lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
10/10 review Would not buy the M2.0. Thanks.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Good review. I can see the 9mm in my future.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have the Full size 5 inch C.O.R.E and the Performance Center Shield..... but I wanted the 2.0 Compact bad.   I couldn't find anyone local that had one in stock the week they came out but I bought one the next week.   I have been carrying it since then and I like it.   I need to find a new holster though.   The grip is a bit rough against skin when I drive with it still holstered (4 or 5 o'clock position).
View Quote
That grip is worse than sandpaper lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#37]
No gen 5 19 review or comparison? I am disappoint.

Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:09:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Great video. I like the looks of the M&P and the ones I have shot have always been very nice. It was a good idea for Smith to come out with something the same size as a 19. That size overall is very handy. I am torn though, if I get a Glock 19 or 17, I will have parts interchangeability with my Polymer 80 build.  

WARPIG 26
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Too late!! Already have the Glock 19 with modifications. If they would put a Performance Core Trigger on it for free Ill rethink my position of getting a new EDC.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered one today from buds. i hope keltec will come out with a sub 2k that will accept these mags for an awesome travel package.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:51:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
thanks for the review.  but i still prefer the original m&p compact myself
View Quote
Me, too.  The size of the original compact hits that sweet spot between the Glock 19 & 26.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
No gen 5 19 review or comparison? I am disappoint.

View Quote
lmao, the list of changes from the Gen4 to Gen5 glock would have made the comparison useless, they're like two different guns 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:52:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Gen 5 Glock? Our tooling is worn out, time to make new die sets. Let's pretend we changed the product.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Cool..glad to see more arf sponsored stuff from 10mm and bluefalcon.. they're good peeps.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Mossberg 715 my wife got when she scored 5k rounds of 22lr on a yard sale. Guy failed as a neckbeard. Sold ammo at pre shortage price and threw in the rifle. 
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Now over 1300 rounds...one light strike to report.  (Blazer brass 115 gain.  I recovered the cartridge...barely a ding in the primer.)
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@10mm_

Is the grip on the 2.0 Compact like sandpaper?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@10mm_

View Quote
It is very, very "grippy".  Obviously a result of the feedback from the original M&Ps, which was like grabbing a bar of soap.  I like it!

I'm sure some judicious sanding could mellow it out, but I'm keeping mine.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
@10mm_

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@10mm_

Yes, or at least that's how it would feel up against your side.  It's a very aggressive texture.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top