Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 90
Posted: 10/6/2017 7:34:32 PM EDT
(Striker approved, I know the rules!)

Good evening, ARFCOM.

One of our members; NorthPolar, needs our help.

For quite a few years now, NorthPolar has been dealing with some pretty severe medical issues.

He has a pituitary brain tumor that has completely destroyed his endocrine system.  Treatment of testosterone, growth hormone and blood sugar are something he has to manage daily.  That’s before medications to attempt to shrink the tumor itself.

If that wasn’t a bad enough hand to be dealt, he also suffers from bad scoliosis.  This is causing him bad spinal issues which may require a spine fusion in the future.

…and if that weren’t enough, he also suffers from nerve damage and Raynaud’s syndrome.  The former causes numbness  from the elbows and knees down, and the latter prevents the body from regulating blood flow to the extremities.  (Imagine not getting blood to your feet…in the winter…in Alaska.)

Despite all that, you don’t see a lot of bitching coming from him.  No complaining, not asking for anything, just pushing on.  (And delivering us some AWESOME photography in the process!)  I’m sure all of you have seen some of the gorgeous photos of the Northern Lights he’s taken.

Medical treatment is extremely expensive, and the fact all of these conditions require chronic treatment really can add up over time.  In fact, he’s sold most of the things of value he owns to pay for treatment over time and has been forced to move back in with his parents to offset costs of treatment.  The notable exception he kept has been his camera, which helps keep his sanity.  (And also helps us see some great photos.)

I know the ARFCOM community can pull together and help out a great member.

So we’ve set up a GoFundMe.  Seems simple enough right?

Now, donating to a great cause is fantastic.  But…so is gun stuff.

But what if you could get both?  

Thankfully, you can!

If you follow the GoFundMe Link, and donate at least $20, you will be entered into a raffle for some great prizes.  Just enter your ARFCOM screen name as your first name, and ARFCOM as your last name.

We are a great community with awesome site sponsors.  A lot is asked of them, but they just keep coming through for the ARFCOM community time and time again.  Aside from their great products and services, here’s another reason to support our Site Sponsors with your hard earned dollars:

@Vortex Sam and @Olympic_Cerakote both have generously offered to support the raffle.

Vortex has graciously donated a Strike Eagle 1-6x scope, along with some Vortex swag to go along with it.  (Hat, t-shirt, stickers, etc)

Olympic Cerakote has generously offered to do either a complete refinish on a handgun (or if the winner prefers, they can also choose to do a lower or a rail instead as a substitute)

NorthPolar himself is also offering four prints to winners.  Two of each print in the OP will be signed by the Alaskan photographer himself.  Trust me, this stuff is worthy of framing.

But it didn't stop there. @Fish223 Has generously offered a NIB LaRue MBT Trigger and an APEG grip!

Then, @50DollarCheShirt added another MBT Trigger because he is also awesome!

And you thought arfcom was done with generosity. @Saddler Has offered custom leather work! He's adding a British made leather "gizmo" to the pot.

This can be either an M1907 sling, a hand-made belt, knife scabbard, leather ammo slider, dog leash/collar set, etc. 
Basically, the winner can choose something from his website (he makes it all to order, so no real issue on what the winner decides on. Equivalent cash value of around $100 - give or take.)

That's not enough though.  @Ciraxis is donating a North American nebula print:

Ha ha... You thought arfcom was done.

No sir
@Nexttime is donating a

SOG Flash II Assisted Folding Knife TFSA98-CP - Black TiNi 3.5" Partially Serrated Blade

But you guys thought we were done.

Nope,  @mkgunz is donating a 1941 Zippo REPRODUCTION in brushed chrome from the USS George Washington (CVN-73). It has a picture of the ship engraved and the ships crest painted.

But that's not enough.  Nope.

@BigMan74 is donating TEN! sets of LaRue Patriot index clips. They will go to the winners of the MBTs and the Vortex Strike Eagle.

I can't even keep re doing the order of prizes there are so many, so they're getting added to the end now!

Woke up to @ruffhowzer donating a rare arfcom silver coin!

Then, I checked my IMs, and @Undefined offered a great way to get into 300blk.
Quoted:
GFM is over $15k....

Prize #10 now includes these (along with Sig SB15 Brace, Bergara 10.5" 300 blackout barrel, Daniel Defense gas block, gas tube, KAK pistol brace buffer tube, and KAK pistol brace adjustment kit, all new/never used).

I have 120 (4 packs of 30 29 each - I'm keeping one of each design out of the 30 of each) of early @Fat_McNasty bullets. I don't know if these varieties were ever sold to the public, nor do I have load data for them. Yes, one of the designs has gorgeous steel inserts. No, it is not considered AP by the legal definition thereof.

Caveat: If any or all of these are not legal in the jurisdiction of the winner, they won't be shipped to said winner.

https://i.imgur.com/9feV43k.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/MQfJjvy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/AMNCVqA.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UaG3J7s.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/lvZN475.jpg

Plus all this:

https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/5/592752_ts.jpg

https://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/183/183074.jpg

https://www.kakindustry.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img_20140130_121124_922.jpg

https://www.kakindustry.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/800x800/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/img_20140330_131058_171.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/0dc2d03fe217f8c83829496872af24a0/7/5/750_clamp_on.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1450/8200/products/SUGT0M1_2048x2048.jpg?v=1484172831
View Quote
THEN, @Bryan_AIM came and generously offered a lightweight BCG! Sexy looking, isn't it?

But it didn't stop there. This ride never ends.

@SirPsycho is graciously donating another Vortex product for this campaign.

How would you like a NIB Vortex Crossfire II? Attachment Attached File

But he wanted to give more. So he's adding a new, 9" Daniel Defense modular free float rail!
Attachment Attached File

The train kept on rolling though. There are no brakes on the NP train.

@JoeCoastie is finishing up a Sheep's Foot knife, which will be available to a lucky winner:

But what's a giveaway without magazines?

@cccpNyC recognized there was a deficiency, and has added 2x LaRue UDE Lancers (open) 
2x Magpul pmags (winners choice I have some gen2 and 3, and windowed fde and black) 
2x M1 Garand enbloc clips (because who doesn't need more/motivation to get a Garand!) 

That's six ammonium feeding devices.

But how will you load the magazines?

@300blkFan fixed that. He's throwing in a maglula loader!

Attachment Attached File

@c7aea15 Wasn't satisfied though. We need to raise more!

He has offered a pair of smith elite optics Aegis shooting glasses.  They come with both tinted and clear lenses.
These are nice!

After generously donating to the campaign, @RobertL Wasn't satisfied. He said we needed more mags... and Dillos. So he's offering up 3 sets of 5 PMAGs. Each set will come with a beverage entry tool.

Attachment Attached File

@NorthPolar wanted to say thanks, so he's adding in two sets of patches. One is bomber wing set on the left side, the right is a unit patch and an Alaskan flag patch. Two winners.

You ain't getting those in the lower 48!

Attachment Attached File

But we've surpassed our goal, right?

Nope. The train keeps running.

@Pirkle Has offered a nice antler shed. If you'd prefer, instead of a nice rack, he'll give you a solid chew worthy antler for your pup. Winners choice.

Attachment Attached File

@Squid1jz Wasn't okay sitting out.

He donated these two awesome prints!

Not done winning!

@medic_man Is donating a bronze membership to a lucky winner!

An anonymous donor is also going to offer a membership!

(Fun Fact: If you win either of these, that should put you in the timeframe for the 2018 Team Member giveaway)

@bajagringo Is generously giving away not one, but two Gold Memberships!

However, if you have dog tags, he's going to upgrade you to PLATINUM status!

@Wils91 Wasn't going to sit on the sidelines. He wants to make sure NorthPolar is taken care of! He's adding a 5.11 Tactical Field Ops watch to the pool!

Attachment Attached File

@mustb123 Wanted to pitch in too, so he's generously offering $60 worth of reloading brass! What caliber? What do you shoot? Your call! If he's got it in stock,  $60 worth is all yours!

rumrunner358 Doesn't want to see you open beverages in a non tactical manner. He's offered up five LaRue dillos for the raffle!

@Mastadon Wasn't sitting out! He's generously donating a Vector AK!

He'll even throw in a couple mags to get you started!

Attachment Attached File

Since we had issues early on, I'm also throwing two boxes of 9mm tracers into the mix, as well as two boxes of .22LR tracers. (The libs hate tracers.)

Finally, being as NorthPolar is from Alaska, I figured we need some 45-70 in that mix.  So I will also draw a name and I will send them a box of 540gr Garrett Hammerheads.  (45-70, 1550fps)

@vim Generously donated an M1 Garand bayonet as well.  Since some of our more generous donors had reading issues , we'd still like to say thank you. This will be raffled off to any members who donated $40 or more in a single donation.

The fundraiser will go for two weeks, ending on 1730 EST on Nov 2nd  At that point, I’ll go to www.random.org and draw the winners.  (I am exempt from winning prizes) The randomly drawn numbers will be matched with donation orders.  So if #10 is drawn, and you’re the 10th person to donate to the campaign, you’re the winner.

I’ll draw in order:

1.) 45-70 ammo. (1 Winner) & 2x 9mm Tracer Ammo (Red and green) + 2x .22LR Tracer (Red and green)  (1 Winner) (Top two names drawn, one gets the 45-70, one gets the tracers)

2.) SOG Knife (1 Winner) & Zippo (1 Winner) Same as above, top two positions in the random number generator will win the respective prizes.

3.) British made leather "gizmo".

This can be either an M1907 sling, a hand-made belt, knife scabbard, leather ammo slider, dog leash/collar set, etc. 
Basically, the winner can choose something from my website (I make it all to order, so no real issue on what the winner decides on. Equivalent cash value of around $100 - give or take.) (1 Winner)

4.) Nebula Photo.  (1 Winner)

5.) NIB LaRue MBT Trigger & LaRue Patriot index clips (2 Winners)

6.) Olympic Cerakote Refinish (1 winner)

7.) Vortex Strike Eagle & LaRue Patriot index clips (1 winner)

8.) North Polar Prints (4 winners)

9.) ARFCOM Silver coin & LaRue Patriot index clips

10.) 300blk Barrel, new .750 Daniel Defense low profile gas block, Sig Brace, a KAK pistol buffer tube (KAK AR-15 SIG SB-15 Pistol Buffer Tube) and a KAK SIG TUBE LENGTH ADJUSTMENT KIT (KAK SIG LAK), and a pistol length gas tube (to match the barrel). Plus 120 FatMcNastyBullets

11.) AIM lightweight BCG

12.) Vortex Crossfire II

13.) Fairwinds Forge Sheep's Foot knife

14.] Lancers and PMAGS & LaRue Patriot index clips

15.) Maglula loader & LaRue Patriot index clips

16.) Garand bayonet ($40+ donors)

17.) Shooting glasses

18.) PMAGS and Dillo & LaRue Patriot index clips (3 winners)

19.) Alaskan Patches/Coin & LaRue Patriot index clips

20.) DD Rail

21.) Deer Antlers (Winners choice of a nice shed or a hearty chew for your pup.)

22.) Blue Angel & F18 Prints (two winners)

23.) Bronze membership (Two winners)

24.) Gold Membership (Platinum if winner has dog tags at the time of draw)

25.) 5.11 Tactical Field watch

26.) Reloading brass

27.) LaRue Dillos

Final Prizes:

Now then, this is a gun website, right?  Well @Huffskies thought we needed some guns to the mix.  So he gave us one.

JUST KIDDING HE GAVE US FOUR!

As the final items to be raffled, there will be two winners in each tier.

$40+ Donation Tier:[b/]

(Two winners)

-Arisaka Type 99 Rifle in 7.7 Jap

-Mossberg Model 341 in .22LR

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

[B]$20+ Donation Tier:

-Arisaka Rifle in 6.5 Jap

-H&R Single Shot Shotgun in 12ga

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

- Vector AK

Attachment Attached File

You are responsible for transfer fees at your FFL.  All applicable state, local and Federal laws apply.

Make sure your FFL will do a transfer from an individual.

And just because this is a public forum, I’d like to point out while the guns are given away as a prize they must go through an FFL.  That means they will ship to a licensed dealer, who will run a background check and make you fill out a ATF 4473.  (Sorry regular gun guys, this IS the internet.  Could be some dummies out there.)

I can’t tell you how awesome it was when Vortex and Olympic Cerakote got back to me, eager to help.  It really brightened my day.  We have some great site sponsors.

It’s our turn. Let’s brighten NorthPolar’s day now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If I donate 5 times at $20, do I get 5 raffle tickets?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:40:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Didn't know he had all these troubles. I'll be in on this later when I get home.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Im in. NorthPolar is good people.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Garret 45-70 Ammo  ajm1911
2x9mm Tracer/2x .22 Tracer  jasoncar40
SOG Knife  vim
1941 Zippo Repro  unluckyd
British Custom Leatherwork  Willmar
Nebula Photo  FattyFat
LaRue MBT  Truman_Sparks
LaRue MBT  Jeteye
Olympic Cerakote  Refinish  Iowa_Renegade
Vortex Strike Eagle & LaRue Patriot Index Clips  Hellonearth
ARFCOM Silver Coin & LaRue Patriot Index Clips  Mrzeat
300Blk Barrel, .750 Daniel Defense low profile gas block, KAK pistol buffer tube, KAK Sig Tube length adjustment kit, pistol length gas tube and Sig Brace  DeathHates
AIM Lightweight BCG  SuperDrag67
Vortex Crossfire II  skiandshoot
9" Daniel Defense Free Float Rail  Mrzeat
Fairwinds Forge Sheep's Foot Knife  RabidGrendel
2x LaRue UDE Lancers (Open) 2xPMAGs (Winners Choice and 2x Garand ClipsPanhandle
Maglula Loader  Laxman09
Smith Elite Optics Aegis Shooting Glasses  USA1963
5 PMAGS with Dillo  1. 4q2 2. Sorionc 3 Lowco
Alaskan Patch Set  Wiley07 and Brotherbadger
Antler Shed or Antler Chew  branflake12
Blue Angel Print  subinoob
F18 Print  D219LMFM
5.11 Tactical Sureshot Field OPS Watch  sgthoskins
Bronze ARFCOM Membership  dtitanowner
Bronze ARFCOM Membership  RumRunner358
Gold ARFCOM Membership (Platinum if you have dogtags)  NorCalrt & 300Rum
$60 worth Reloading Brass  dropbombnow
Larue Dillo  extorris, clctr, skiandshoot, jwils
NorthPolar Print  Gopher
NorthPolar Print  Fortydelta
NorthPolar Print  JVD
NorthPolar Print  BigBryce31186
Arisaka Rifle in 6.5 JAP  nottooslow
HR Single Shot 12 GA  Sh1fty
Vector AK w/ mags  Carolina_K
M1 Garand Bayonet  RumRunner358
Arisaka Rifle in 7.7 JAP  Everrest
Mossberg Model 341 in .22LR  Ruffhowzer
NorthPolar Print (Aluminum)  2PO & Killingmachine123
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't know he had all these troubles. I'll be in on this later when I get home.
View Quote
I don't think most people do.

It took some convincing for him to allow it. He's a strong, proud guy.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Im in. NorthPolar is good people.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm tagging this, with or without the raffle I'll donate.  

Hang in there man
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#8]
In and Done!
Pulling for NorthPolar, always enjoy his photos and posts!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
NorthPolar is a good guy.

IN!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#10]
While the raffle is awesome.  

Daniel is an amazing photographer and a great site member.  

He is part of this dysfunctional Arfcom family,  One shouldn't need to be rewarded with the chance of winning something to help one of our own.  

I'm not saying I disagree with the raffle...

I am just sayin...  Lets help a fellow member out!  He has certainly added some great content to this site!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Count me in
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Done
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all your great contributions you've shared with us, NorthPolar!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
While the raffle is awesome.  

Daniel is an amazing photographer and a great site member.  

He is part of this dysfunctional Arfcom family,  One shouldn't need to be rewarded with the chance of winning something to help one of our own.  

I'm not saying I disagree with the raffle...

I am just sayin...  Lets help a fellow member out!  He has certainly added some great content to this site!
View Quote
Definitely a great guy.

But this is ARFCOM.

Get both!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]
OST
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:54:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Hang in there man
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Donation sent for my fellow interior Alaskan.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Donation sent for my fellow interior Alaskan.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:00:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Any way we can get this tacked?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Hang in there man
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:02:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Subbed
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:04:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Tacking threads is a surefire way to get it ignored. It just needs to be highlighted, and bumped often.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:08:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd prefer it bumped.

I don't think people always read tacked threads.

But you're a good man for suggesting it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:08:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll toss a NIB MBT into the prize pool.

NP is a good dude.
View Quote
Awesome!

Updating OP!

Thanks Fish!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'd prefer it bumped.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd prefer it bumped.

Needs to be highlighted.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:13:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Hit
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:17:39 PM EDT
[#29]
@WhiskersTheCat

Would you allow me to PayPal you $20.00 to donate because my cards are frozen due to the eqauafax breach??
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:21:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat

Would you allow me to PayPal you $20.00 to donate because my cards are frozen due to the eqauafax breach??
View Quote
I'm certainly open to it, but I'm not sure if GoFundMe will let me register a second username.

I guess it might not matter, since I'm exempt, you could just be the winner if WhiskersTheCat's number was drawn, right?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Definitely in.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I donated. Will he be sending out newds?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I donated. Will he be sending out newds?
View Quote
LOL, only on GD
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd like to donate $20 but not be included in the raffle. How would I do that?
EDIT: NVM. I see they have space for a comment.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Done.

and bumped.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Wow!

Big thanks so far to demobud, raven, itsaranchrifle, m mcall and lug1!

You guys are going above and beyond!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:49:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just don't put arfcom as your last name
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Done.

and bumped.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
There's an option to donate anonymously.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:54:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm certainly open to it, but I'm not sure if GoFundMe will let me register a second username.

I guess it might not matter, since I'm exempt, you could just be the winner if WhiskersTheCat's number was drawn, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat

Not worried about the prizes, heck you could not enter me. It's cool.

Let me know.?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not worried about the prizes, heck you could not enter me. It's cool.

Let me know.?
View Quote
It let me!

You're in, via the honor system.

PM sent.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Donated before I scrolled to the raffle part. Much respect for his perseverance.  I knew he had problems but wow.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link broken...  
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Link broken...  
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Hit the link and it went to the gofundme website and it says Campaign Not Found, what am I doing wrong?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Yes broken not sure if mine went through?

At any rate thank you for looking out. Always enjoy NP's threads, and posts too.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:10:29 PM EDT
[#47]
In.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Link was working fine earlier, now it isn't, hang on guys, I am sure it will be fixed soon.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Link broken...  
View Quote
Correct, and odd.

Working on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:13:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I see it getting sorted out
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 90
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top