Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 214
Posted: 8/28/2017 2:57:48 PM EDT
I know it's fashionable here to claim the Russia "story" is dead - however there's been quite a bit of activity over the last week that's been rather under-reported due to other pressing national stories.  It looks like Mueller and his gang are slowly pressing on with their investigation into both Flynn and Manafort as seen below.  I figured it would be easier to dump updates into one thread so that anyone worried about "NeverTrumpers" that "troll" other threads can simply avoid this one.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/348046-mueller-subpoenas-six-manafort-linked-pr-firms-report

Special counsel Robert Mueller has issued grand jury subpoenas for public relations firms that worked on an international campaign organized by former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, according to NBC News.

The move is the first public indication that Mueller’s team is beginning to compel testimony from witnesses — and suggests that Manafort may be in serious legal peril.

The six firms participated in a public relations effort headed by Manafort, whose ostensible mission was building support for Ukraine’s entry into the European Union, one executive whose firm received a subpoena told NBC News.
View Quote
As well as:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mueller-subpoenas-firms-who-worked-with-flynn-manafort-consulting-groups-2017-8

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has subpoenaed a number of Washington lobbying firms as part of its investigation into whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Moscow to tilt the 2016 election in his favor, The Washington Post reported on Friday.

The firms that were subpoenaed have been associated with consulting firms led by former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. Both Flynn and Manafort are being scrutinized as part of the Russia investigation.

Manafort left the Trump campaign last August, and Flynn was forced to resign as national security adviser in February, when it emerged that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence about his contacts with Sergey Kislyak, the former Russian ambassador to the US.
View Quote
And then of course today we get this from the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.
View Quote
Although the NYT story doesn't involve Mueller group (yet) - it does seem to be something they'd look at in an attempt to establish the possible quid and the quo of any nefarious deals.

In other words, and to paraphrase Monty Python:  "Not dead yet!"
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
that's it, I'm convinced, Trump and his entire team have to go.

We have to give Hillary the presidency, as was ordained.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
when is HRCunt getting indicted for the uranium deal.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's it, I'm convinced, Trump and his entire team have to go.

We have to give Hillary the presidency, as was ordained.
View Quote
I don't think the 25th Amendment works that way.

Besides, Hillary is still doing her Sasquatch impersonation in the woods outside Chappaqua.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Lol, spongy is getting bored since the headlines have changed
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#5]
If the democrats ever got investigated has hard as Trumps campaign team is getting we'd need new prisons to hold all of them.

In the end this will cost the US taxpayer hundreds of millions, will put millions into the pockets of democrats and won't take Trump down.

Summary - A big nothing burger and the only reason it's going on is to line the pockets of democrats.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know it's fashionable here to claim the Russia "story" is dead - however there's been quite a bit of activity over the last week that's been rather under-reported due to other pressing national stories.  It looks like Mueller and his gang are slowly pressing on with their investigation into both Flynn and Manafort as seen below.  I figured it would be easier to dump updates into one thread so that anyone worried about "NeverTrumpers" that "troll" other threads can simply avoid this one.

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/348046-mueller-subpoenas-six-manafort-linked-pr-firms-report

Special counsel Robert Mueller has issued grand jury subpoenas for public relations firms that worked on an international campaign organized by former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort, according to NBC News.

The move is the first public indication that Mueller’s team is beginning to compel testimony from witnesses — and suggests that Manafort may be in serious legal peril.

The six firms participated in a public relations effort headed by Manafort, whose ostensible mission was building support for Ukraine’s entry into the European Union, one executive whose firm received a subpoena told NBC News.
View Quote
As well as:

http://www.businessinsider.com/mueller-subpoenas-firms-who-worked-with-flynn-manafort-consulting-groups-2017-8

Special counsel Robert Mueller's team has subpoenaed a number of Washington lobbying firms as part of its investigation into whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Moscow to tilt the 2016 election in his favor, The Washington Post reported on Friday.

The firms that were subpoenaed have been associated with consulting firms led by former national security adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort. Both Flynn and Manafort are being scrutinized as part of the Russia investigation.

Manafort left the Trump campaign last August, and Flynn was forced to resign as national security adviser in February, when it emerged that he had misled Vice President Mike Pence about his contacts with Sergey Kislyak, the former Russian ambassador to the US.
View Quote

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html

A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The business associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin and predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would be a political boon to Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.
View Quote
Although the NYT story doesn't involve Mueller group (yet) - it does seem to be something they'd look at in an attempt to establish the possible quid and the quo of any nefarious deals.

View Quote

yet no mention of Mueller's subpoenas to the pedosta group.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey spooge,

Have you found out why the FBI used that fake piss dossier from fusion GPS to investigate Trump?

Or why Glenn Simpson of fusion GPS wouldn't tell congress where he got the funds to pay the FOREIGN AGENT SPY, Michael Steele?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:09:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as:

Feel free to post the link - I know it was the subject of another thread here a few days back.

Same Ukranian group Manafort lobbied for...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:12:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
The emails show that Sater contacted Trump's lawyer in an attempt to make a lot of money with some dirty dealings.  That's all.

Why didn't the NYT also show the emails Trump's lawyer sent him responding enthusiastically about how excited Trump was to do the deal?  The only "evidence" they have is someone on the outside trying unsuccessfully to get on the inside.  Since Sater provided those emails (who else could have?) it's safe to assume the deal didn't happen and he didn't get rich so now he's trying to cash in and strike at the people who ignored his great idea.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#11]
So they are going after President Manafort?  Oh wait, that guy isn't the president...Trump is.  So what the fuck are you talking about?  

Some two bit investigation against someone that once spoke to the president?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:14:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol, spongy is getting bored since the headlines have changed
View Quote

Yeah.  Come on now, muh Russia isn't completely dead...just mostly dead...for now.

I'm telling you, just wait.  Maybe Friday of this week but probably not due to the holiday weekend, Russia will creep back in.  All that Mueller stuff...OMG!

Next week, with the Texas flood from the hurricane mostly "old news" to the rest of the nation and no new ANTIFA run over by someone (and an airplane that doesn't go missing) it will be in the news.  Trump will be just about ready to drop out since any day now is coming and Russia is for sure going to be the death of Trump's administration and Mueller is secretly not secretly empaneling another grand jury to go over the other grand jury to review something from somewhere with a lawyer who is of course not partial at all (Hillary, when do my checks come?).  

Surely there will be some document and something said that will tie Trump to Russia somehow because I think at some point he pointed to a map that had Russia on it and that in itself is proof he knows the location of Russia which means he knows that there are at least some Russians there right?  And, if he knows where Russia is and that there are Russians it can before deduced that he may know Russians are people and...MOTHERFUCKING RUSSIA HACKED IT ALL FOR TRUMP!   Where's my purple bandanna and black skinny jeans?  I need to get into the street and beat up Nazis to make myself feel better.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:14:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Yawn
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:16:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
didn't they just amend their own "working as a foreign agent" paperwork, backdating it several years??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as:

didn't they just amend their own "working as a foreign agent" paperwork, backdating it several years??
yeah, but that was totally OK because there was no"intent" to do wrong
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yeah.  Come on now, muh Russia isn't completely dead...just mostly dead...for now.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So they are going after President Manafort?  Oh wait, that guy isn't the president...Trump is.  So what the fuck are you talking about?  

Some two bit investigation against someone that once spoke to the president?
View Quote
I think the former campaign manager for Trump probably spoke with Trump more than once.  Probably.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#17]
"Dude, have your people get with my people over lunch and we'll arrange for half the country to vote for Trump...like...totally!"

Lol.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey spooge,

Have you found out why the FBI used that fake piss dossier from fusion GPS to investigate Trump?

Or why Glenn Simpson of fusion GPS wouldn't tell congress where he got the funds to pay the FOREIGN AGENT SPY, Michael Steele?
View Quote
This is the real russia investigation...not the crap spooge is selling.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Has the op ever explained his uh unique post history? Going from a virtually unused account to posting repeatedly every day right after Trump was elected is to say a bit odd.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#20]
What about Arpaio!!!

CNN was discussing how President Trump spent the first part of Harvey at Camp David (instead of the WH); can you believe that?!?

Then they went on to say that he's going to TX to grandstand like this is all about him instead of the victims.

He just needs to resign...NOW!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:00:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Impossible, Trump is and always has been such a straight forward and caring business man&person.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:01:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe you missed this one:

Podesta

eta:  Oops, they forgot to file...
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If the democrats ever got investigated has hard as Trumps campaign team is getting we'd need new prisons to hold all of them.

In the end this will cost the US taxpayer hundreds of millions, will put millions into the pockets of democrats and won't take Trump down.

Summary - A big nothing burger and the only reason it's going on is to line the pockets of democrats.
View Quote
Yeah, they're worried about someone related to Trump talking about proposed biz dealings for building a hotel, when hillary actually had business dealings to sell strategic assets to the Russia.  And China.  

I literally don't give any fucks if some Russian told someone on team Trump that "it would be great for American electionski if Trump build hotelski in Moscow"
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey spooge,

Did you forget to switch accounts?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As well as:

Yeah pedesto group lobbied the US govt  on behalf of putin's personal bank while acting as hillary campaign chair.

How could literally anything trump did be worse than that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#26]
i have a theory that mueller knows theres nothing but cant report it yet as the left will go ape shit, has to drag it out so everyone gives up on the collusion narrative

look for senate intel committee to release their report soon then the house report, then mueller releases his late on a friday
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like Podesta filed some shit this week. It's ok, he can file late, no problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Related story from the WaPo (also from today):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/top-trump-organization-executive-reached-out-to-putin-aide-for-help-on-business-deal/2017/08/28/095aebac-8c16-11e7-84c0-02cc069f2c37_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_hp-breaking-news%3Apage%2Fbreaking-news-bar&tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.99c279972c1f

A top executive from Donald Trump’s real estate company emailed Vladi­mir Putin’s personal spokesman during the U.S. presidential campaign last year to ask for help advancing a stalled Trump Tower development project in Moscow, according to documents submitted to Congress Monday.

Michael Cohen, a Trump attorney and executive vice president for the Trump Organization, sent the email in January 2016 to Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin’s top press aide.

“Over the past few months I have been working with a company based in Russia regarding the development of a Trump Tower - Moscow project in Moscow City,” Cohen wrote Peskov, according to a person familiar with the email. “Without getting into lengthy specifics the communication between our two sides has stalled.”

“As this project is too important, I am hereby requesting your assistance. I respectfully request someone, preferably you, contact me so that I might discuss the specifics as well as arranging meetings with the appropriate individuals. I thank you in advance for your assistance and look forward to hearing from you soon,” Cohen wrote.
View Quote
Cohen was speaking directly to Putin's Sean Spicerovich?  Interesting.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:13:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Donald Trump doesn't care about black people. Hurricane yo.

OP needs to keep with the current narrative.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#31]
hello.........Chelsea is that you?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]
OH NOES, they are planning on building a hotel !!! Nazi!

Wait what?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I heard President Trump use to own a Dodge Challenger, why isn't the media talking about that. Cover-up!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wait what?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wait what?
Is this some huge "gotcha" moment?  Probably not. However, during this time the campaign was consistently stating that they had no ties to Russia, and that Trump had no business dealings with Russia / Russians.  It appears those statements at the time were...less than truthful.  I'm sure there's no other shoes that will drop regarding this story.  That never happens.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:27:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Guy's company that builds hotels wants to build one in Moscow, Russia. And the nuances that go with that kind of thing. I don't even pretend to know what that might be.

Guy becomes President (unexpectedly) and this "deal" becomes nefarious.

So, if Guy lost would there be a special arfcom thread about this Moscow hotel project? If not, why?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Oh right, Trump allegedly sympathizes with the Nazis and the Russians, simultaneously, while solidifying his support among neo-confederates in a bid to either deport or detain all racial minority groups.

Exactly whom is playing reverse, trans-dimensional chess again?
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#37]
What's dumb is they raided Manafort's home and took a bunch of documents some were attorney/client privileged.  Just after he meet with the Senate committee and handed over documents. Apparently Mueller said he couldn't be trusted to give up documents.  Hope his lawyers buttfuck the soul out of Mueller and his crew for taking attorney/client docs.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:32:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's dumb is they raided Manafort's home and took a bunch of documents some were attorney/client privileged.  Just after he meet with the Senate committee and handed over documents. Apparently Mueller said he couldn't be trusted to give up documents.  Hope his lawyers buttfuck the soul out of Mueller and his crew for taking attorney/client docs.
View Quote
There's a simple solution to that with a really silly name.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Guy's company that builds hotels wants to build one in Moscow, Russia. And the nuances that go with that kind of thing. I don't even pretend to know what that might be.

Guy becomes President (unexpectedly) and this "deal" becomes nefarious.

So, if Guy lost would there be a special arfcom thread about this Moscow hotel project? If not, why?
View Quote
The "deal" isn't necessarily nefarious on its face - it's the fact that every party involved in the deal either neglected to mention it, or directly denied that any such contact occurred.  It's enough to raise some eyebrows.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#40]
But nothing the democrats do is enough to raise eyebrows. 

Goddamn it must be great being a democrat!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looks like Podesta filed some shit this week. It's ok, he can file late, no problem.
View Quote
He'll get a slap on the wrist.  Deep state will just fine him two 8 year olds.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey spooge,

Oops

Paging norcal!
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
in on 1
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Mmmust ddddestroy TTTTTrumpppp....
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Funny I read Mueller is investigating the Podesta Group.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Has the op ever explained his uh unique post history? Going from a virtually unused account to posting repeatedly every day right after Trump was elected is to say a bit odd.
View Quote
No he hasn't

I'll repost so maybe he will see it
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Special counsel's Russia probe loses top FBI investigator

One of the FBI's top investigators, tapped by special counsel Robert Mueller just weeks ago to help lead the probe of Russian meddling in last year's presidential election, has left Mueller's team, sources tell ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/special-counsels-russia-probe-loses-top-fbi-investigator/story?id=49249486
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Special counsel's Russia probe loses top FBI investigator

One of the FBI's top investigators, tapped by special counsel Robert Mueller just weeks ago to help lead the probe of Russian meddling in last year's presidential election, has left Mueller's team, sources tell ABC News

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/special-counsels-russia-probe-loses-top-fbi-investigator/story?id=49249486
View Quote
I'm not exactly sure one guy out of ~24 is much of a trend.  We'll see.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
i have a theory that mueller knows theres nothing but cant report it yet as the left will go ape shit, has to drag it out so everyone gives up on the collusion narrative

look for senate intel committee to release their report soon then the house report, then mueller releases his late on a friday
View Quote
Plus, if he did, the money would stop flowing into his and his pals' bank accounts.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 5:10:08 PM EDT
[#50]
But the only campaign corruption proven so far is that the DNC defrauded half the demmunist party and stole the nomination from Boiney!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 214
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top