Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:09 PM EDT
All dirty, grungy, filthy from work.
Thought I'd just grab a drive-thru McD's burger and fries for dinner as I'm tired as all get out and filthy as a pig.
I order a plain old #2 meal and an unsweet tea.
What do I get?
A coke(which the lid wasn't secured on, which popped off and spilled on me) AND a kids meal with toys in the bag.
So I turn around, go back, go inside, and demand what I ordered.

I hate that place.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
5 dollars to grow, slaughter/harvest, process, store, ship, cook, serve.

You're getting exactly what you paid for.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
You dont learn just like my wife, check the damn bag before you pull away from the window.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All dirty, grungy, filthy from work.
Thought I'd just grab a drive-thru McD's burger and fries for dinner as I'm tired as all get out and filthy as a pig.
I order a plain old #2 meal and an unsweet tea.
What do I get?
A coke(which the lid wasn't secured on, which popped off and spilled on me) AND a kids meal with toys in the bag.
So I turn around, go back, go inside, and demand what I ordered.

I hate that place.
View Quote

I learned over 30 years ago that you don't leave the drive through window at McDonald's until you check your bag and put a straw in your drink and check it. The people behind me just have to wait.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The kiosks are a vast improvement
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Find somewhere else to eat. That shit is poison.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a SEC biscuit and a large OJ. He totals it up and I asked him to put on a bottle of water. He said no.......its already totalled up. He didn't even add the O.J..

I went to the window and told the girl what happened. She just about died from embarrassment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Until a robot prepares the food for you, the odds of them fucking up your order still remain. Go ahead, try it, and you'll see what I mean. When your robot cashiers get there, place an order that says to no ketchup or no mustard, I bet that 75-80% of the time, those items will still  be on your burger when you get it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Drove through once and ordered some burgers and a large Sprite. Car ahead of me gets order, pauses then sends drink back to the window with a straw poked through it. My wife while laughing says, "there goes your Sprite". I tell her to politely STFU. I get to the window and the girl hands me my Sprite. Wife and I both look at it and see the hole for the straw has been poked through.... I'm pissed, she's laughing hysterically. Girl at the window got a bit of a talking to.

Anyhoo, just noticed last week that the local McD was torn the hell down and scraped to scorched earth. Found it odd since this one had been torn down and rebuilt probably less than ten years ago. When it was rebuilt last time there were less order stations at the counter. This time I'm expecting even less. The food is absolutely tasteless there anymore and the service is horrible. No doubt a robowaitress will be a serious improvement.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:57:15 PM EDT
[#9]
The McD's out in the suburbs serve hot food and the drive-thru runs smoothly. The ones in the inner city serve stale garbage and the drive-thru is always a total shitshow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]
found a no name burger joint that has computer screens for ordering and I think its the best thing ever.

they have a dozen ordering machines, walk in punch a 7 or 8 screens, swipe my card and its done

have been there 20 or 30 times now and never has my order been messed up and the machine does not interrupt me every other second to ask do I want this or that with my order (if I wanted it large sized I would have F$%^$%g ordered it large sized)

I will be so happy when the cashiers and order takers are gone
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:07:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Hate chicken has app.  I can order from iPhone in parking lot and food is ready in a min or two.  Just pick it up.   It's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Haven't eaten in McD in over 40 years. Anti 2A rotten to the core. Oh and the food sucked back then too.

Generally do not eat fast food at all because the FUCKING MORONS working there are basically either totally incapable of getting an order right, or more likely just don't give a shit. And they think they shoud be paid MORE MONEY. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Places like Jersey Mikes, Great Outdoors where they make the meal while you watch is my go to anymore. FUCK ALL FAST FOOD lazy fucks. Do your goddam job.

That being said, I DO REALIZE that there are many honest hard working folks just getting by working in those places. They have my sympathy, and I hope they can climb out of that lot in life. But for me the prior set of circumstances seems to be the norm.
Good for me as I like better quality food anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:55:51 AM EDT
[#14]
fast food is just fast, it's not food

in your case it's not fast, food, or what you asked for

congratulations for not being able to grasp learning from your object-lesson
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:59:35 AM EDT
[#15]
How would a kiosk have helped at the drive- thru?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How would a kiosk have helped at the drive- thru?
View Quote
It won't.

But this will.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:07:26 AM EDT
[#17]
O-M-G they made a mistake!  You should NEVER look in the bag before you pull away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Until a robot prepares the food for you, the odds of them fucking up your order still remain. Go ahead, try it, and you'll see what I mean. When your robot cashiers get there, place an order that says to no ketchup or no mustard, I bet that 75-80% of the time, those items will still  be on your burger when you get it.
View Quote
It's about saving money due to shitty sales now and later.

I think they've increased a little since implementing them, but how many of those are due to people just wanting to try it/it being new?

Long term I think will be shit and wonder how sales/market share now are compared to 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Are they automating the food making too or just the ordering for now?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#20]
If you need or want another reason to hate McDonald's, go see the movie "The Founder".  It's the story of how Ray Croc got to be the founder of Micky D's.  Apparently he was a unscrupulous, back stabbing, cheating dick.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If you need or want another reason to hate McDonald's, go see the movie "The Founder".  It's the story of how Ray Croc got to be the founder of Micky D's.  Apparently he was a unscrupulous, back stabbing, cheating dick.
View Quote
Was he really that way, or is that just how he is being portrayed to push the fight for 15 agenda?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:29:41 AM EDT
[#22]
They fuck you at the drive through

Lethal Weapon 2 (4/10) Movie CLIP - At the Drive-Thru (1989) HD
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:35:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Checkers is worse.

I don't remember who it was, but somebody on Arfcom used to go to Taco Bell and place an order for 12 dollars worth of food. When they would question what he wanted he would tell them that it didn't matter because it wouldn't be what he got anyway, so just pick out a random 12 dollars worth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:36:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Find somewhere else to eat. That shit is poison.
View Quote
TPNI
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#25]
And when the robot starts making $15 an hour....

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Me at Arbys drive-thru yesterday.

They: Welcome to Arbys. Please hold (4 cars in the entire parking lot)
Me: (Waiting 5 minutes)
They: Sorry for the wait. Can I take your order?
Me: I don't know. Let's find out. Grand Turkey Club combo, curlies, Pepsi (In a slow, clear, and precise voice).
They: Could you repeat that?
Me: Which part?
They: All of it.
Me: Grand Turkey Club combo, curlies, Pepsi (In a slower, even clearer, and more preciser voice).
They: I'm sorry, sir. What was that last part?
Me: Double Whopper, no cheese, fries, large coke.
They: We're sorry, sir. We don't have a Double Whopper. That's Burger King.
Me: Well, I'll go there then. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The kiosks are a vast improvement
View Quote
The location I visited with kiosks was still a shit show. I entered my order correctly, but the turd that picked the order and delivered it still fucked it up good and proper. Now, robotic order fulfillment and/or delivery? Fuck yes. But as long as there's still a minimum wage lackey in the mix, your order will still be fucked up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I ordered a McDouble last night after work.  I pulled up to the pay window and she said cheeseburger and I corrected her and said no I want a McDouble.  She looked me right in the eyes and said yes thats correct.  At the next window they handed me a cheeseburger.  I told them I ordered a McDouble and then they said it would be more but then gave me shit for trying to pay with a credit card for the 15 cents or whatever I still owed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:11:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Just wondering, do the robots understand ghetto ebonics? If not the Mickey D's around here will get trashed when the McRobot messes up an order.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Was he really that way, or is that just how he is being portrayed to push the fight for 15 agenda?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe it's all true, I'd heard the same story about him years before the movie.  He stole the ideas the original guys used to perfect fast food delivery to the customer, then went back to them and actually stole their business name.  Then, made them a handshake promise for an interest in proceeds and stiffed them.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:21:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Me at Arbys drive-thru yesterday.

They: Welcome to Arbys. Please hold (4 cars in the entire parking lot)
Me: (Waiting 5 minutes)
They: Sorry for the wait. Can I take your order?
Me: I don't know. Let's find out. Grand Turkey Club combo, curlies, Pepsi (In a slow, clear, and precise voice).
They: Could you repeat that?
Me: Which part?
They: All of it.
Me: Grand Turkey Club combo, curlies, Pepsi (In a slower, even clearer, and more preciser voice).
They: I'm sorry, sir. What was that last part?
Me: Double Whopper, no cheese, fries, large coke.
They: We're sorry, sir. We don't have a Double Whopper. That's Burger King.
Me: Well, I'll go there then. Thanks.
View Quote
You must be very proud.  Nothing like being a dick to people to start with.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:16:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Places like Jersey Mikes, Great Outdoors where they make the meal while you watch is my go to anymore. FUCK ALL FAST FOOD lazy fucks. Do your goddam job.
View Quote
I couldn't agree with you more on Jersey Mike's. They make an excellent Philly Cheese Steak sandwich.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Great way to get your food wiped on a crackheads foreskin.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:24:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hate chicken has app.  I can order from iPhone in parking lot and food is ready in a min or two.  Just pick it up.   It's awesome.
View Quote
This. Also you can order lunch items in the morning using the app if you want.

Every few times you do it you also get a free item, like a basic sandwich or fries so it's pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I forgot some punctuation. I didn't actually say this part:

I don't know. Let's find out.

I can see how it sounds kinda dickish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top