I say what the fuck.

Rules followed (public school teacher).

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My wife says yes.

I say what the fuck.

Rules followed (public school teacher).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/433565/20596967_10212786844853522_1458886749037884011_n-1-288640.jpg
View Quote

Your pic ain't cuttin it OP....

ETA:  No way on the Pepto cooling...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I do not, then again I've never taken any before.

Something to think about, 1st off, in the store, it is on the shelf not the fridge. 2nd, the label should say room temperature storage so it doesn't need to be.

BUT, things taste better cold. So I can see why your wife may want to do that. But it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I keep my home one in the fridge, and one in my work pail that cycles. It hasn't killed me yet. I read the label multiple times, can't find REFRIGERATE AFTER OPENING anywhere.... (shrugs)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep. Its nasty . .

Make it cold .
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep. Its nasty . .

Make it cold .
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#6]
No, but then I don't use it.
If I have stomach gerd I use a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved about 3 ounces of water - works great and a lot less expensive.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#7]
It taste better cold and is more soothing cold too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
i haven't had it since I was a kid but Mom always kept it cold, helps with the taste for sure.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I've never even thought about refrigeratoring it.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
+1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep. Its nasty . .

Make it cold .
+1
+2
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#11]
It's funny you would start a thread about this. Two days ago I found myself facing this same question. I grew up with my parents refrigerating pepto. The other day I had to crack open a new bottle for my daughter and after giving her a dose I searched to bottle for the 'refrigerate after opening' text as this was something that had crept into my mind a few months back for some reason. But alas, it was not there. I went ahead and stuck it back in the fridge because, well, just because.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
No. Teacher fail.

Make her pay op.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Get the chews.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:39:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Get the chews.
View Quote
I got both kinds, but she still drank the liquid then complained about it.

Womem
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely not.  Used to carry it in my carpenter bags back when I had a parasite and would drink it all throughout my shift.  Not refrigerated and I'm doing fine
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:17:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If I have stomach gerd I use a teaspoon of baking soda dissolved about 3 ounces of water - works great and a lot less expensive.
View Quote
BIL did that for years. Then he got a bleeding ulcer, lost about a third of his blood, rode in a helicopter, layed in a hospital for a month and quit doing that. Just saying, don't overdo the Baking soda 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Cold Pepto and frozen Smirnoff was an old favorite in my drinking days.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:58:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I've never even heard of that.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:02:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It taste better cold and is more soothing cold too.
View Quote
This. I haven't needed pepto since I was a child though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#20]
I dip cookies in pepto for that crisp minty flavor.!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I've never even heard of that.
View Quote
This.

As long as I can remember, I don't think I've ever lived in a home, without a bottle of Pepto in a cabinet. Never thought to, nor have I ever seen anybody chill it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#22]
It's best to keep in center console with a Yeti tumbler of Bloody Mary
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:11:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yep. Its nasty . .

Make it cold .
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:03:37 AM EDT
[#24]
As far as I know, no refrigeration is needed, but it couldn't hurt. I remember reading something years ago that said it was almost impossible to overdose on it, you could drink a gallon of the stuff and be fine.

A guy worked for my dad for decades who chugged the stuff like he was a heroin addict. All he probably needed to do was quit drinking, and he wouldn't have needed it. He would sit at his desk and every 15-20 minutes pick up the (big) bottle and take a swig of it. We used to laugh at him and one time his son, who worked there too, brought an empty bottle of it with him to lunch. He took a fake swig of it and one of the women we worked with said, "What? You take it too?". He laughed and said, "Hey, just going to be an alcoholic mess like my dad and wanted to get an early start on it!". It was funny, but sadly, it was true, he eventually became a drunk like dad. About 5 years before his dad died, he got off the booze, and the Pepto, and all he took was aspirin for his aches and pains. I liked him a lot better booze free than back in his drinking/pepto days. He was embarrassing on business trips. I have many memories of him puking up Pepto at a dinner.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
BIL did that for years. Then he got a bleeding ulcer, lost about a third of his blood, rode in a helicopter, layed in a hospital for a month and quit doing that. Just saying, don't overdo the Baking soda 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What? 
If someone was doing that for 'years' then maybe they might or SHOULD think that something else might be wrong for Christ sake...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top