Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:01:24 PM EDT
I can understand a few, but there are so many.

They hate kids because they are dirty, noisy, expensive, time-consuming, etc.

But their parents put up with the noise and the crap and the expense and the time constraints.

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Selfish
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
There's people who like kids too much and there's people who don't like kids at all. Weirdos, all of them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Its not for you "to get".  It's not your choice. It's not your life. Let people do what they want and stop judging or trying to judge them. They are not impacting your life, directly, by this choice, so leave it be.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#4]
A lot of men really just don't care for other peoples kids. I'm one of them. I don't wish any ill on them or anything and I'm sure most of them are nice kids, I just don't really want them around.

I love my girls more than anything on earth but even my nephews (in laws kids) creep me the fuck out.

Some people also choose not to have kids. If they don't want to spread the genetics, that's their choice.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
lol, why do people with children hate those that don't have any?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol, why do people with children hate those that don't have any?
View Quote
I love people that don't have kids. Less competition in the job market for mine when they grow up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I like kids Im related to. I dont hate kids Im not, but wouldnt say I really like them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
the amount of BULLSHIT i got from other kids when i was a kid was stupid, children can be truly evil little creatures, capable of killing another person with as little feeling as stepping on a bug, i dont hate them, im terrified of them.

and i dont ever think i will get over that fear.
nothing bothers me more than a group laughter of children.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I can only stand them for short stints.  I just havn't gotten that feeling of loving them regardless of what they do.  If my girl got pregnant im sure things would change(well they would have to )
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Dat first post thing again....
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#12]
actually, it's the people who have kids that hate kids.
there are plenty of children around the world that need a family. and yet, by having a child, you spread what resources that could've been dedicated to an existing problem to a new problem. people think passing their DNA or family name is important. I guess you can't fix stupid.

besides that, the argument makes no sense. if I were a waiter once, I can still hate waiters. it's not like being a waiter obligates me to loving them. and in fact, doing so could give me a reason to hate them more, since I would understand how I would perform at that task and have a metric to judge.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, as a person who dislikes children, what would you want me do?  Create children?  Is it not a most reasonable and responsible action to make sure I don't?

Yes, I was a child once, I don't see how that has anything to do with liking or disliking other children.  The two are just not related at all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
"You are selfish for not having The best thing in the world that is the greatest thing."
"Kids are the very best thing and I have zero regrets but you are just selfish for not having them"
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Selfish
This.
Nonsense.

WTF does someone 'being a kid once' have to do with them wanting or liking kids?  Nothing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Its not for you "to get".  It's not your choice. It's not your life. Let people do what they want and stop judging or trying to judge them. They are not impacting your life, directly, by this choice, so leave it be.
View Quote
This will likely fly right over the heads of most.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Saying "selfish" is as retarded as saying not liking dogs is selfish.  No I am not comparing children to animals, I could have chosen anything to compare them to.  Such as say a tomato.  Everyone dislikes some things.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:23:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my kids, yours, not so much.  My son is a teen now and my daughter is almost there.  Both of them are sorta introverted with a touch of geeky, but very well behaved and smart.  Fortunately for me the friends that they are hanging out with that come to my house are the same way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#19]
stage of age....then the vagina comes into play.   Boom!  crotch fruit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:23:25 PM EDT
[#20]
10 years of work retail will make you hate kids. Completely.

I also realize I am not affluent enough to raise a child without going into poverty.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:12 PM EDT
[#21]
I do not have kids but I also do not hate kids

as a matter of fact I like them

I just never wanted any of my own

selfish may be
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:46 PM EDT
[#22]
They don't hate children.

They hate what the women that would bear and the state that backs them will do to them if they have them.

Look around you. Look at the women these guys would likely have to have a life with for 18 years. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Why do you assume they were all children once?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:25:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Kids are annoying and I dislike them. I do not need a reason other than that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Selfish
View Quote
How is it "selfish" for a person to have the ability to contribute to the economy at will, instead of by necessity?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I hated other kids when I was a kid too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Shitty parents nowadays equal shitty children.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I love children.
My g/f and I watch her 4 year old niece and 2 year old nephew quite often.
I have taught that little girl a very lot of things and she loves me too.
The boy is starting to come around the knowledge bend and I am showing him too.

Better yet my only child just gave birth to my only Grandson two weeks ago so I will show him as well.

Children under age 5 are like little sponges and can be easily taught things and they catch on fast and love you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Why do people with kids always say "You don't understand, you don't have kids"? I WAS a kid so I understand exactly what it was like.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:29:39 PM EDT
[#30]
I love children, I don't tolerate parents who let their children get away with whatever they want to do.  I don't tell them how to raise their children. I take steps to insure they aren't in my presence if I can help it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:28 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm sure if lil me from 1970s/1980s came up to me today, I would hate lil me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Destruction of family/Christian values over the past 50 or so years.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#33]
I love MY kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Boom
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Having a kid forces you to grow up (or at least it should). Growing up sucks.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:35:39 PM EDT
[#36]
What does having been a kid have to do with it?

Hell, maybe being a kid once was all the experience needed to form the opinion.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a toys r us kid, I don't wanna grow up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I dislike the parents of the kids more.  Watch your damn kids when you take them out in public.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Many seem to want to remain immature for as long as possible.

Play video games, avoid marriage, sleep around, avoid children, get drunk, get high, avoid military service.

I wanted the opposite of most of that. I have found great satisfaction in a boring, traditional lifestyle. Wouldn't trade my kids, marriage, service, career for the life of ski bum, beach comber, or Lothario.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ohhh yeah!  Keep going with that!

there are plenty of children around the world that need a family. and yet, by having a child, you spread what resources that could've been dedicated to an existing problem to a new problem. people think passing their DNA or family name is important. I guess you can't fix stupid.
Yes, to really love kids, we should be like pavami.  Too lazy to have kids?  No problem, just assign noble BS moral arguments so that our deficiencies actually allow us to judge others as morally inferior--e.g., it's not because I'm a lazy POS, it's because of all the other needy kids who already need a home---a home which I will not offer to them personally, because I am a lazy POS who hates kids.  Oh wait.  What?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#41]
There's no room for children in mom's basement
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd have hated me too if I had to deal with me when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't hate children, I hate bad parents. Its not the children's fault they are being raised by careless, selfish and inattentive parents. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Why do people with kids always say "You don't understand, you don't have kids"? I WAS a kid so I understand exactly what it was like.
View Quote
No you don't.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Because people are such insufferable asstards these days, and their kids are the distillation of their shittiness.

And the planet is crowded and we have to share the same space with these mongoloid window lickers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't hate children, would like to have them, but can't afford them. Of course this world sucks and most my life has sucked. Part of me is like do I really want to bring a child into a crappy world like this just so I can feel my life is more important. I mean kids give us all a feeling of purpose which is great, and they give us love, again great. But they are also leaches draining your bank account and usually very disappointing when they grow up. Personally I am like why did my parents even have me? They don't spend any time with me, or help me to be successful. They just had me because they were told that's what people do. Not really the greatest reason.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:49:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Children today are a greater economic burden on the parents than children of the previous generations were. More real costs, no income, and lower real wages for the parents.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Many seem to want to remain immature for as long as possible.

Play video games, avoid marriage, sleep around, avoid children, get drunk, get high, avoid military service.

I wanted the opposite of most of that. I have found great satisfaction in a boring, traditional lifestyle. Wouldn't trade my kids, marriage, service, career for the life of ski bum, beach comber, or Lothario.
View Quote
To broad of a brush friend.......

I never wanted to be married and I never have.
I most certainly slept around in my days as a single man...Why not??
And I have assuredly been drunk a number of times.
Never been in the military either.
I do have a daughter that I help raise and she is married and now has had her first child.

Oh yea..I will be 65 in December and am still very much a man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:51:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Boom
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Boom
A couple points. I'm not trying to defend myself here.

I'm a parent and a step parent. I love all my kids.

That said. Each one presents a unique challenge. I see other parents with children vastly different from the ones I'm raising and I wonder how in the fuck those parents got so lucky.

Me and the wife have demanding professional lives. We aren't ones to let things slide and we work hard at work and at home. Children can be a complete and total challenge. We have one that we've had in therapy 3 separate times. He's now being treated for ADHD and we're going to get him to a psychiatrist to evaluate for ODD, Conduct Disorder and possibly GAD/Depression. He's 9 years old.

Genetics and or other influences in their lives before I stepped into the picture play a role. I will say, poor genetics can lead to a nightmare. These nightmares have no easy solution in our current society.

Society also stops letting parents be parents to the extent that there has been times where physical correction may be needed but isn't permissible under current societal norms. Medication has become the norm.

I will say that I'm thankful that the one who is troubled saves it all for his parents and his siblings (Me and the wife must be doing something right), rarely for anyone else to see, but at the same time it makes it difficult to address when no one else sees what we are seeing.

My advice to younger people is that if you enjoy freedom, money and low stress, do not have children. Your success in life, be it professional or personal can hinge on this. What will you gain by having a child? It can really be a crap shoot and one wrong moment in your child's lives or one wrong flip of a genetic switch when they are conceived and you will be in for a roller-coaster.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:52:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Nonsense.

WTF does someone 'being a kid once' have to do with them wanting or liking kids?  Nothing.
View Quote
Nothing, but I do agree that there is a lot of selfishness running around these days.  That may or may not apply to anyone specifically.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top