Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 8:11:26 PM EDT
I adjust mine so I can break them down by using my finger. I've seen some guys who have to use a punch and a hammer to get their rear take down pin out.

Personally I have found out I separate my uppers and lowers more often than I expected. For a variety of reasons. Sometimes on the range, sometimes in the living room. I like to keep mine tight enough they don't back out, yet loose enough I can punch them out by hand.

If you adjust your take down or pivot pins, how do you do it? How tight do you keep yours?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't adjusted anything.  

All my rifles can be taken down by hand easily.  The only exception is the polymer upper/lower combo that is my .22lr build.  It requires a knife or whatever is available at the time to take it down..
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:16:51 PM EDT
[#2]
My Essential Arms lower/Model 1 upper is tight. I have to use a punch. But it shoots 1MOAish.
 My BCM pushes apart by hand. It shoots MOAish.
 Not sure how much it matters as far as accuracy is concerned.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:17:37 PM EDT
[#3]
They all are relatively easy by hand
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They all are relatively easy by hand
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Mega forged upper and lower that is super tight.  No wobble. Others, not so much.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#6]
One is suuuuper tight. But has loosened some. Use to require a plastic punch and hammer taps.

Now can push  out with  back end of ball point pen.

Rest are loose enough for thumb pressure
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My AR9 was very tight but not the way you'd think.  The receiver & upper pin holes were normal but the spring detent pins were very pointy making them hard to move. Had to round them off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Bushmaster comes apart easy by hand, my Spikes lower/Daniel Defense upper takes some persuasion.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I was taught a horrible old method that G.I's used.....using a bullet to punch em out.

Horrific..I know.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I adjust mine so I can break them down by using my finger. I've seen some guys who have to use a punch and a hammer to get their rear take down pin out.

Personally I have found out I separate my uppers and lowers more often than I expected. For a variety of reasons. Sometimes on the range, sometimes in the living room. I like to keep mine tight enough they don't back out, yet loose enough I can punch them out by hand.

If you adjust your take down or pivot pins, how do you do it? How tight do you keep yours?
View Quote

Forgive my ignorance, but how do you adjust them?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#11]
My SBR is crazy right, but not quite tight enough to require a tool
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Adjust them?

I adjust mine by shooting the rifle.  They loosen up.  

New and tight, use a chopstick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#13]
The way I have them set up they are perfect, but certain combos are very tight.

That doesn't natter as I don't generally move my uppers around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top