BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 6:23:42 PM EDT
It took the OOD 14 MFing minutes to sound
General Quarters after the collision.
That Officer had not been named.

https://amgreatness.com/2017/08/20/navys-report-fitzgerald-collision-evidence-corruption/
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I quit reading right here:
"Is he an admiral’s son, whose misdeeds are being buried as was John McCain’s responsibility in 1967 for starting the fire that killed 137 men on the USS Forrestal by giving his airplane’s engine a flaming “wet” start?"
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmm. Bump worthy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Odd that they have not released the name of the OOD.

There has to be a reason, possibly political.

How many female officers were serving on her at the time?

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Her or "SHim" or a pole smoker at the glory hold or
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Her or "SHim" or
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Her or "SHim" or
If they actually are sitting on the identity of the ODD, they have to be female, gay, a minority, or some other protected class.

Remember, Trump is still dealing with "Obama's Military".

It takes a while to clean up after 8 years of extreme social engineering.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Navy guys, help me out. Wouldn't the alarm generally be sounded seconds after "What was that noise?"
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Navy guys, help me out. Wouldn't the alarm generally be sounded seconds after "What was that noise?"
View Quote
Not if they were reenacting Mister Roberts.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:31:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
The proper response should be to sound the collision alarm, then pipe "Now, Fitzgerald has experienced a collision, all hands investigate." And most definitely set General Emergency
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Something sure is fucky about this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Blaming JM III for the CV going all fireball is retarded, the article has no credibility.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:38:49 PM EDT
[#11]
14 minutes is a looooong fucking time.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Having served on a ship and having collided with a vessel before, the alarms started sounded before, during and after impact and general quarters was sounded almost immediately...something is fishy
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I read this part hearing the voice of the Ancient Aliens narrator reading it.

"The Navy’s report mentions the names of other officers—but not that of the OOD. Who is this officer, and why the Navy’s effort to divert attention from his identity? Is he an admiral’s son, whose misdeeds are being buried as was John McCain’s responsibility in 1967 for starting the fire that killed 137 men on the USS Forrestal by giving his airplane’s engine a flaming “wet” start? Perhaps the Fitz’s OOD is a member of a politically “protected class,” despite incompetence?"
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#14]
That article is pants on head stupid.  The author should feel bad about himself for being that dumb.

The only thing out right now is a line of duty investigation.  No cover up involved.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I think in my humble opinion that report was pure bull shit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Is he an admiral’s son, whose misdeeds are being buried as was John McCain’s responsibility in 1967 for starting the fire that killed 137 men on the USS Forrestal by giving his airplane’s engine a flaming “wet” start?"
View Quote
Typical TheRealGhurkaDin "source".
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Stupid article.

The released report was an investigation into the damage control after the fact, specifically so the deaths could be determined as Line of Duty to start helping the families the seven sailors left behind.

The mishap report regarding the cause of the collision has not been released yet. It has also been stated that 7 member of the crew will be facing some sort of punishment. There won't be a cover up, the idea is laughable.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I think in my humble opinion that report was pure bull shit.
View Quote
Which portion of it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:53:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If they actually are sitting on the identity of the ODD, they have to be female, gay, a minority, or some other protected class.

View Quote
That is what I was thinking, the most corrupt Administration in US history no doubt had a overwhelming detrimental impact on the US military and we are seeing the results.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#21]
From the link:

In 1969, when I was responsible for my ship’s CIC, such reports would take about ten seconds to churn out
manually. Nowadays, they are graphed automatically, precisely,
instantaneously. In short, the Fitz’s OOD had precise warning, perhaps
45 minutes before the collision happened, that he was on a collision
course. Such warnings happen all the time. The OOD either removes the
problem by changing course by one or two degrees on his own authority,
or, if the captain’s standing orders say so, he notifies the captain who
then makes the course adjustment. Surely, this OOD did none of the
above.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I'd be willing to make a small wager that that asshole never spent a day of his life in uniform.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
From the link:

In 1969, when I was responsible for my ship’s CIC, such reports would take about ten seconds to churn out
manually. Nowadays, they are graphed automatically, precisely,
instantaneously. In short, the Fitz’s OOD had precise warning, perhaps
45 minutes before the collision happened, that he was on a collision
course. Such warnings happen all the time. The OOD either removes the
problem by changing course by one or two degrees on his own authority,
or, if the captain’s standing orders say so, he notifies the captain who
then makes the course adjustment. Surely, this OOD did none of the
above.
View Quote
Not to mention the OOD has eyeballs etc.

Yeah, we get it. The watch crew killed seven sailors. They are going to be punished for it, as well as the command cadre. We have known the watch crew was ate the fuck up since day 1 practically.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Right there with you. Conjecture. Nothing more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#25]
RealGurkahBULLSHIT
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Blaming JM III for the CV going all fireball is retarded, the article has no credibility.
View Quote
+87

total bullshit
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:33:15 PM EDT
[#27]
idiotic article.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Line of Duty determination only be for deceased or injured?  Meaning, if they were the actual ones responsible?

As in, servicemember wrecks his car and sustains injuries.  It is found out they were drunk.  The military would do a LOD determination and say, you messed up, we aren't paying your bills.  

If you are a servicemember and you are injured or killed on while duty, and it was due to another's negligence (but you were unaware of said negligence), I don't think LOD applies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not a bad idea to set condition Z throughout the ship when water starts coming in from unexpected places.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:12:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Line of Duty determination only be for deceased or injured?  Meaning, if they were the actual ones responsible?

As in, servicemember wrecks his car and sustains injuries.  It is found out they were drunk.  The military would do a LOD determination and say, you messed up, we aren't paying your bills.  

If you are a servicemember and you are injured or killed on while duty, and it was due to another's negligence (but you were unaware of said negligence), I don't think LOD applies.
View Quote
LOD inquiry is done for every fatality, injury that may result in permanent disability, or injury/illness preventing a member from performing thier duties for more than 24 hours, even if it's 100% clear that it was in the line of duty, not due to members negligence or misconduct.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
It should have been sounded at the oh shit, I think we are about to get hit moment. It is unconscionable that men died in their bunks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:50:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Collision Alarm should have been sounded BEFORE the "what was that noise" moment.

Talking about the General Alarm, the numbskull who wrote that article  states
But the OOD was the only person authorized to sound it.
Presuming there was a Tactical Action Officer on watch (and it is unimaginable that there was not) the TAO is the senior on-watch officer, and possesses command authority (including weapons release authority).  Not only could the TAO have ordered the general alarm sounded, but he could have also ordered course and speed changes to avoid collision based on radar information in CIC, or he could have relieved the OOD.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Collision Alarm should have been sounded BEFORE the "what was that noise" moment.

Presuming there was a Tactical Action Officer on watch (and it is unimaginable that there was not) the TAO is the senior on-watch officer, and possesses command authority (including weapons release authority).  Not only could the TAO have ordered the general alarm sounded, but he could have also ordered course and speed changes to avoid collision based on radar information in CIC, or he could have relieved the OOD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the OOD was the only person authorized to sound it.
Is it different on small boys?  TAO doesn't have that authority on a CVN -- he advises the OOD, the OOD is in charge of navigating the ship.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sailors on the deck say you're wrong
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:40:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
One of them suggested that a wet start caused a rocket on another aircraft ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FLIGHT DECK to fire, hitting the aircraft next to McCain's?  That is one nasty wet start.  Or perhaps the person who passed those alleged comments to you is just an idiot, because, well, you know...

Mike
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First, most of the people who might have been in any position to actually know from being "on the deck" are dead.

Second, there was a comprehensive investigation, that has been online for years, that has drawings that show the positions of the aircraft based on the logs, and given the positions of those aircraft it is utterly impossible for your story to be correct.  It simply didn't happen.  Go study before you spread lies about people.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:50:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Airman Timmy has the real gouge.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#38]
PV2 Snuffy knows the truth.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

explain how McCain's plane (416) could have possibly caused plane 410 to fire its rocket
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Is it different on small boys?  TAO doesn't have that authority on a CVN -- he advises the OOD, the OOD is in charge of navigating the ship.  
View Quote
Guess it is.  Normally the TAO lets the OOD run the show on maneuvering and lets the CICWS provide advice, but the TAOs are always the Line Department Heads (including the Senior Watch Officer) and are far more experienced than the first tour DivOs that are standing OOD/Conning Officer.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thank goodness we never made silly mistakes in the past....like launching a torpedo at the President of the United States.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_William_D._Porter_(DD-579)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank goodness we never made silly mistakes in the past....like launching a torpedo at the President of the United States.

"Following these events, the William D. Porter's captain, and her entire crew, were placed under arrest"

Still don't know who the OOD on the Fitzgerald was.  I wonder why?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:52:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

"Following these events, the William D. Porter's captain, and her entire crew, were placed under arrest"

View Quote
Because it happened about 12 seconds ago, and we have no clue what happened?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit.....did not know that...thanks!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:55:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

June 18th was a looooong 12 seconds ago.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9e/CVA-59_fire_aft_deck_plan.png

explain how McCain's plane (416) could have possibly caused plane 410 to fire its rocket
View Quote
See, McCain's plane wet started and caused this huge fireball. At the same exact moment, the carrier was doing a high speed turn into vortex until it drifted like a Tokyo racer. And it drifted right into the fireball. And that caused the conflagration on the flight deck. But it got worse when the ship was hit by a Sharknado and then went back in time until the day after Pearl Harbor.

And then shit really got out of control.

But it was covered up by TPTB.

Or so I heard from PV2 Joe P. Snuffy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who was the OOD on the Porter and why is the Navy covering up McCains role in it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#47]
This thread is literally painful to read.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

See, McCain's plane wet started and caused this huge fireball. At the same exact moment, the carrier was doing a high speed turn into vortex until it drifted like a Tokyo racer. And it drifted right into the fireball. And that caused the conflagration on the flight deck. But it got worse when the ship was hit by a Sharknado and then went back in time until the day after Pearl Harbor.

And then shit really got out of control.

But it was covered up by TPTB.

Or so I heard from PV2 Joe P. Snuffy.
View Quote
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Before getting into the cockpit, McCain rotated the rocket pod 90 degrees on the hard point so it was facing straight out on his jet.

Then he wet started causing the fire.

Worse yet, he got hold of the cameras before the investigators and altered the flight OP's footage to make it LOOK like it came from across the deck.

He was ordered by the globalists to do it.

Alex Jones talked all about it and I was all like...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

June 18th was a looooong 12 seconds ago.

View Quote
You know what I mean.

Last major mishap I was involved in was more than a months worth of investigation and review ,and that one had no fatalities, no major injuries, and involved major damage to something that cost 1000 times less than a DDG.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
First, most of the people who might have been in any position to actually know from being "on the deck" are dead.

Second, there was a comprehensive investigation, that has been online for years, that has drawings that show the positions of the aircraft based on the logs, and given the positions of those aircraft it is utterly impossible for your story to be correct.  It simply didn't happen.  Go study before you spread lies about people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's OK, the latest claim I've seen is that McCain ran away and left his shipmates to die instead of firefighting...   Were pilots even trained in firefighting back then (or now)?  A retired Chief friend has said the Forrestal fire resulted in significant changes in damage control training and procedures, but I don't recall that topic of aircrews training for it coming up.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top