Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 6:20:26 PM EDT
Your stuff, money, home whatever when you are gone?
Oh, and why the hell do I even bother owning all this shit?
Upkeep sucks,wondering if someone or the Gov is going to take your guns sucks, so on and so forth.
Yea, I'm getting ready to go to a job I hate with only a few hours of sleep.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Leaving my stuff to people I like and will appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of my guns will go to my best friend, some to a few other friends. Whatever money there is goes to my family overseas.

As to what they do with the corpse, I wouldn't mind being buried in Idaho but I won't be in any position to speak.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Nephews
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just stuff. I like it and I'm going to keep it. I'll let the survivors deal with it and they can do whatever they want.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I would guess my brother will get my stuff if I die single
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a younger brother and sister. It'll be their burden
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
uh i don't give a fuck what happens to my shit when i die.

mom dad or sister would get it. they all get along and i don't have much of value anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#10]
oh if we are doing what we want done with our corpses i would like to have my skeleton cleaned and articulated and sent to a school or something with a note to make sure to dress me up for holidays
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:39:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Not really, I will be dead.
I do try to figure out a good home for it all but hey, does it really matter?

BTW, any gun charities out there that would like a bunch of C&R stuff?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:41:44 PM EDT
[#12]
My sister or her kids will get it.  Don't care as I won't be using it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Assuming I never have kids I'll probably just leave all my stuff to any remaining siblings or their kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nephews
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I want my body hucked out into the woods. And all my shit burned inside my house.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#16]
If Mom outlives me it goes to her assuming she is below 80. If not it goes to my sister. If I outlive them both then it goes to my sisters boy. If I outlive all of them and damn I hope I do not outlive my little nephew, but if I do then it all goes to my former brothers four kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#17]
No, can't say that I do.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:46:07 PM EDT
[#18]
I have nephews and a neice so it goes to them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Someday I'll be really old and hurting. I'm not going to die in a hospital bed or some nursing home. I'll go when I decide to go and not until.

The day before I decide it's time for me to die, I'm donating my books to the library. My clothes and other goods to Goodwill. My lawyer will auction off my guns and give the proceeds to the public library.

Then the last day, I'm emptying my bank accounts, I'm going to my favorite diner and going to eat a full English breakfast and give the waitress all my cash, I'm going to drive to the nearest National Forest, I'm walking in 1 mile, and then at sunset I'm going to blow my brains out.

And that will be that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Friend of mine is single, 63 years old and never been married.
No, not gay.

I raised this question to him and remind him that not only am I younger than him I plan on living longer.
Will your shit to me I tells him.

He says his will has been filled out and filed already and that I have nothing to worry about.
Not sure what that means but I didn't press him on it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#21]
I do not care

if I should die for some reason before my mother she will get it all

other than that

IDGAF

and plan on spending everything I can in the mean time
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Burn it.

About to turn 40.

Have no desire to spend my days in a retirement home some day that reeks of piss and a half cripled invalid with a bunch of shit that I can no longer enjoy.   Much less have sour grapes about the state of the world turning to shit and be stuck in a retirement home that is a human version of an animal shelter.

If I dont stroke out and die from a heart attack or a stroke...

Burn it all to the ground with no assets that the govt or some distant family/nephew/niece can get to claim.   After that I can just disappear myself.   Maybe goto a foreign country and never come back.

I have some guns that I thought would make nice sentimental value items to pass onto a kid some day if I ever had them.   But looking back those were the thoughts of a dumb ass kid that was somewhat optimistic about the future.    So that 1950s 38/44 Outdoorsman that was my grandfather's?   Or that 1977 125th year Anniversary 45LC with presentation case?     I look at them as disposable, would care about as much if they were chopped up and melted down as if they were just used up over the next 20 years as I shoot them.

Basically I no longer have any sentimental attachment to them and a lot of shit has become truly consumable.   If you are not gknna pass it on why have it?   If the reason is to enjoy it while you can that is fine but dont lie to yourself and think somebody else is going to appreciate as much as you.

So that is what I am gonna do.    Consume and leave nothing.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#23]
My niece will get everything I have other than guns, my best friend and much younger brother get them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Have been thinking about the same thing?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#26]
No.

B
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:59:20 PM EDT
[#27]
 Friend of mine is single, 63 years old and never been married.
No, not gay.

I raised this question to him and remind him that not only am I younger than him I plan on living longer.
Will your shit to me I tells him.  
View Quote
I fit that description, except I am 2 years younger.

I guarantee that any one who makes the suggestion that you did is automatically removed from consideration.  That is just the way it is.

The persons I have chosen as heirs won't even know until after I die.  

I seriously considered doing like Warren Buffett and leaving much of it to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I've a few guns I want to see get passed on (my fathers' guns, that became mine, and they should go to nephews  ).

Other than that, finance wise, I need to set up a will so ALL my money goes to the NRA-ILA.  I would STRONGLY encourage all the patriots here to will all of their money to the cause.  No one does more for America and freedom than the NRA-ILA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Upkeep sucks,wondering if someone or the Gov is going to take your guns sucks, so on and so forth.
View Quote

Nieces and Nephews will get everything
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:20:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't care since I'll be dead and all.

I am relatively sure I will die before my wife, and she'll probably get someone to help out with selling my Japanese sword collection, machine gun, gun collection, classic car, etc.

... or, you know, it will end up in a landfill or at Good Will for pennies on the dollar.  

Either way, I'll still be dead, so I won't care.  

Unless we decide to do something like a reverse mortgage, there will be over a million in equity in our house, so we probably should figure out what to do with that.  Maybe we could hire a lawyer to liquidate it after we die and donate it to her alma mater or something.
View Quote
My two pureskin sons would be happy to take care of your guns, swords and classic cars.  They would even put up with goose jokes in order to maintain your legacy.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Nope.

Got a vasectomy last month to ensure I won't be a dad ever.

I don't think that deep because when the day comes, I'll be dead and zero fucks given for the world left behind.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

55 and no kids, but a large family which only some are into guns, but they're all in Cali, so yeah.

1st world problems.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Leaving my stuff to people I like and will appreciate it.
View Quote
This.
My adult children have zero interest in any of the items that I prize.
I shall, therefore, designate certain friends as beneficiaries of certain items.
The rest will be sold and the proceeds will be donated to an animal shelter or animal welfare organization of my choice.

Of course, my wife will get the bulk of my estate; just not my toys.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Who cares? I'll be dead. Gone.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#35]
My sister. I left everything to her. Money and guns anyway. Got a buttload of tools and a sweet 68 Camaro.  Nephew wants Camaro, he doesn't have the money or the knowledge for the upkeep. Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:59:58 PM EDT
[#36]
I've worked estate clean outs before - expensive furniture, electronics/instruments, tools/guns, working vehicles, and real jewelry all sell easily.  Almost everything else is crap that will be thrown in the dump.  Really changed my outlook on possessions to be throwing out a household full of stuff that someone used to own and presumably treasure.  Don't kid yourself about single childless people being the only one with the problem - us people with kids own a ton of junk that our children don't want too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#37]
I had that thought a lot before I had boys.  I really quit buying stuff for a while because I was also in that "what's the point?" boat.

Then we had boys and I am still kind of in that, meh, I don't need anything boat; but I feel better knowing the stuff I have will go to someone and they will use it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:02:09 PM EDT
[#38]
That's why I'm selling.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:04:30 PM EDT
[#39]
You're livin' the dream, dude.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Nope. I've got nieces and nephews. I'll make sure that it's clear they get the good stuff (ex. Firearms).

Everything else I try to keep to a minimum. I've known too many people over the years that have been burdened with family homes filled with worthless shit that was cherished by one family member or another that had since passed on.

As has already been posted..,don't kid yourself...the vast majority of your possessions (ex. Clothes, furniture, kitchen stuff, extras of random shit that you have lying around, etc.) will be regarded as junk and a burden by your heirs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Probably start selling off everything before I die. Then use the money for one big ass party, haha. Honestly I don't care what happens to my stuff after I'm dead. It's the least of my problems at that point
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's why I'm selling.
View Quote
Indeed.

Selling off what I can and destroying the rest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I plan on eventually selling all my possessions to pay for long term hospice care as I age and die.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Not really, my next of kin will get my stuff, whoever that may be at the time.  It is my parents now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Nephews
View Quote
+1, especially stuff that I got from my dad, keep it in the bloodline
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Nephews
View Quote
Yep, Married no kids.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I don't care since I'll be dead and all.

I am relatively sure I will die before my wife, and she'll probably get someone to help out with selling my Japanese sword collection, machine gun, gun collection, classic car, etc.

... or, you know, it will end up in a landfill or at Good Will for pennies on the dollar.  

Either way, I'll still be dead, so I won't care.  

Unless we decide to do something like a reverse mortgage, there will be over a million in equity in our house, so we probably should figure out what to do with that.  Maybe we could hire a lawyer to liquidate it after we die and donate it to her alma mater or something.
View Quote
I plan to throw a couple of suppressed rifles into your coffin!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#48]
You single guys are lucky.  I buy two of everything just to make sure both kids have some good stuff after I'm gone.  They might not be able to get certain items in the future.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#49]
I dont give a fuck, im dead, you deal with it
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm dead wtf do I care.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top