Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 3:54:54 PM EDT
The Truth About Guns: Remington CEO stepping down.

I wonder who Remington will (or should) hire as his replacement.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:56:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Like he personally ran the company into the ground?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
they should hire Rob Cohen.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I am willing to take the job if we can fix the problem.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The personal reasons being "I suck at my job"?

Be he still got a nice parachute after running them into the ground though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hopefully someone can bring this company back to what it once was
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:15:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Translation "I personally suck a managing a once thriving business."
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Translation "I personally suck a managing a once thriving business through the best possible eight years for firearms manufacturers ."
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Translation "I personally suck a managing a once thriving businesses."
View Quote
They have sucked in a few other companies fairly recently too, DPMS, Marlin, H&R...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I am willing to take the job if we can fix the problem.
View Quote
Do it, get your ass up there and apply, Madison, NC is not too far .
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Good they need to change.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe he woke up with surface rust.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like I say, easiest job in the world.  You can literally destroy your company with incompetence and still retire filthy rich and never needing to work again.  What other job does that? 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A big focus on quality and process improvements was his main goal and did well at that in a short time.
View Quote
Well I think the consumers couldn't disagree with you more on the quality aspect.

Remington has lost a shitload of respect in the firearms industry.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well I think the consumers couldn't disagree with you more on the quality aspect.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A big focus on quality and process improvements was his main goal and did well at that in a short time.

This. I saw the R51 on sale for ~$200 after rebate. For a revised pistol that still doesn't function reliably.

I thought they looked interesting and would buy one in the future if Remington demonstrated an ability to produce a working firearm. But instead I bought a Shield 45 and a PPS M2 this summer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In manufacturing sometimes the process is not immediately realized at the consumer level.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In manufacturing sometimes the process is not immediately realized at the consumer level.
A lot of what gets mistaken for manufacturing "improvement" is just paper-shuffling and corporate self-pleasuring.

<-- works in manufacturing

Not saying this guy was right or wrong, but if I had nickel for every time I've heard the lament of "Why hasn't quality improved?  We added 15 pages of documentation to the manufacturing process??!?"...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
more efficient at turning out the same crap?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Like I say, easiest job in the world.  You can literally destroy your company with incompetence and still retire filthy rich and never needing to work again.  What other job does that? having to explain yourself.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I say, easiest job in the world.  You can literally destroy your company with incompetence and still retire filthy rich and never needing to work again.  What other job does that? having to explain yourself.  
Fixed

Ed
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Make Remington Great Again by bringing back the 1894 lever action in .357 magnum. Put a nice finish on the stock also.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:48:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Seems to me they had plenty of problems befor he came in, such as the instant rust finish, the murder of Thompson, Marlin, etc...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:24:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

A lot of what gets mistaken for manufacturing "improvement" is just paper-shuffling and corporate self-pleasuring.

Not saying this guy was right or wrong, but if I had nickel for every time I've heard the lament of "Why hasn't quality improved?  We added 15 pages of documentation to the manufacturing process??!?"...
View Quote
you need to update that Black belt and get your ISO9001 all in order!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:25:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Remington has been crappy for awhile. The whole culture probably needs a change.

Wasnt their recent release of a striker pistol, a disaster? Maybe that was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was the RP9
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#26]
In for posts filled with love and tenderness.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Unfortunately for Remington, the consumer level is where their profits come from. Their goods suck these days and nobody's buying them. I'd recommend they figure out how to get those whiz-bang great improvements to the consumer level most ricky-tick.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks like their better at ejecting CEOs than their 870s are at ejecting shells.  I wish em luck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Fleeing the sinking ship?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#30]
If he was, as DPMS says, a guy that was pushing for higher quality control standards, it will be a big loss.

The RP9 and R51 are ridiculous pistols but the R1 1911s are decent.

The two Remington SPS Tactical rifles that a friend and I bought last year are good shooters and the X Mark trigger is much better than those I have used in the past.

I wonder if the Marlin debacle has been fixed?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Remington needs to modernize their ACR a little and market it, no military is ever going to buy it so WTF are they sitting on it for?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#32]
It's fixable.  I do turnarounds, and I'm the CEO of a manufacturing company.  They can pay me $1 per year, and of course in a gun per week and a few stock grants.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:49:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:Get your wallet ready. Also the Custom shop makes those right now with any wood you want, just need to shell out the $
View Quote
Didn't they close the custom shop?

Edit: They closed New York and moved the whole deal to Sturgis. Who knows what will come out of there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:57:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Who really knows. Maybe he was just tired of beating his head against the wall
with his hands tied.

New Rems are turds tho.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:57:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First of all, Respect to DPMS. My first AR was the Sportical, and despite the price, it would shoot sub MOA all day.

However, while true that a process improvement at the manufacturing level, will not be immediately realized at the consumer level; it is also true that a process shitting the bed will not be immediately realized by the consumer, in proportion to the reputation/good-will, said bed shitter has.

Remington had a brick shit house, with cathedral ceilings, full of shit/goodwill stored up. Yet, they managed to shit the bed with such velocity, frequency, and volume that a 30-Yr old 870, and its millennial-modern-day-inbred-cousin-express, are as far apart as Feynman and a Neanderthal.

Imagine what you could have been DPMS.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:00:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The Truth About Guns: Remington CEO stepping down.

I wonder who Remington will (or should) hire as his replacement.
View Quote

They should hire me.  I know how to run an arsenal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Because he's the dick who shut down H&R 1871 ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I giggled a bit. You left out "we need to work harder and put in more time".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top