Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 2:38:04 PM EDT
I picked up this old High Standard "Police" shotgun for next to nothing....I traded a single shot shotgun and a few boxes of shells for it.Took it out to the farm, fired some high brass # 5's and some #4 buckshot, it percolates flawlessly. The old timer I got it from claims it was a patrol shotgun in his town in the 70's. I haven't researched date of manufacture, but it doesn't look beat up enough to have been a patrol issue shotgun.

All steel...solid and heavy.

In before "now you are ready for a bird attack"

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it have a disconnector?
Hope not!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it have a disconnector?
Hope not!
View Quote
It's a semi-auto, not a pump
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one of their pumpers.  It's a good, solid, 'Murkin shotgun.

And like all shotguns, the best possible choice for HD!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I owned a High Standard bullpup back in 1987. The flashlight kept burning out bulbs because the filaments couldn't handle the recoil, but the gun cycled everything I put in it, hi brass, low brass, everything.

My dad (anti gun) found it in the trunk of my car when I was home from school for Christmas, along with my S&W 439. He took both guns into the garage, beat them to pieces with a sledge hammer, then threw me out of the house. I stayed with a buddy until the end of break, then learned he'd decided I was no longer going to college (Michigan State). He cancelled my tuition check. I loaded my shit in my car, drove to Florida, and didn't speak to him for about three or four years.

He was a bit of an asshole.

Liked the shotgun, though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I owned a High Standard bullpup back in 1987. The flashlight kept burning out bulbs because the filaments couldn't handle the recoil, but the gun cycled everything I put in it, hi brass, low brass, everything.

My dad (anti gun) found it in the trunk of my car when I was home from school for Christmas, along with my S&W 439. He took both guns into the garage, beat them to pieces with a sledge hammer, then threw me out of the house. I stayed with a buddy until the end of break, then learned he'd decided I was no longer going to college (Michigan State). He cancelled my tuition check. I loaded my shit in my car, drove to Florida, and didn't speak to him for about three or four years.

View Quote
I wouldn't have spoken to him for a lot longer than that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow....what a guy....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top