BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:19:48 AM EDT
... any real tensions?
Honestly, I'm not seeing much.
I live in an area with 2 or 3 colleges , and there are no protests, beatings, etc.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a mixed race marriage but it's not to a culturally vibrant race. It's the race that works hard, gets college degrees and dominates business and tech.

I also choose to not live in a culturally vibrant area. So my life, the friends I hang out with and the places I go are so peaceful, you could pin $100 bills to your Trump T shirt and no one would bother you at all.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The only thing I saw was a white woman and what looked to be her two daughters in their Sunday church dresses scribbling on the Confederate Dead monument that's on the grounds in front of the local courthouse.    That was on Sunday when I was riding my liter bike with a moderately loud pipe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Nothing out of the ordinary here. Turn off the news, stop freaking out,  and actually pay attention to what's going on in your community. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
From what I've seen, it's been more SJW white people who are insanely focused on the confederate monuments, flags and names.

ETA: Looked up our counties demographics.  50% white, 47% black.  Everyone seems to get along as good as can be expected of people these days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#5]
No, it's fucking stupid. I work in public service in the inner city, and there tension there is no different than it normally is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in a mixed race marriage, however I am from the culturally vibrant race.  Other than being on different schedules for "sexy-time" no issues.  I do have family members who think I'm a coconut for supporting MAGA.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The only people obsess over removing the monuments are the hate merchants who see it as a way to increase their power.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:43:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only people obsess over removing the monuments are the hate merchants who see it as a way to increase their power.
View Quote
...and to erase the Democrat Party's history.

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I live in the heart of vibrant-violence. We still get along perfect. Guilty white folks give me more shit. Mostly because the word "faggot" is still in my vocabulary.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm a far right conservative white guy with a thick country accent. I'm just a great big redneck. I live in New Orleans and all of my neighbors don't share my skin color.

The only trouble I have is wondering how the neighbor behind me is getting along after his surgery and wondering if I can be of help. Oh yea, also dealing with how to eat all the food that seems to get brought by the house by the neighbors.  Every time I turn around someone is handing me a dish.

I was there when they took down the Robert El Lee statue. Every one there celebrating wasn't from New Orleans. Seriously,  there were a shit ton of Yankee accents talking about progress...

Folks from here wanted to see them stay or were indifferent.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I see nothing at all.  

Kissed my black wife goodbye this morning and she didn't call me a cracker or anything.  

Opened the door for a black elderly lady at work and she said thank you.  

Black co-worker brought in donuts and let white people have some.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#12]
My county is 95% white, 2% black, 2% asian and 1% "mixed or other".

Our biggest problem is white trash methbillies and heroin.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes, I had a run in with a racial minority individual at a Wawa ATM over the weekend. Semi decent neighborhood but on a road that goes straight into a diverse shit hole. He cut in front of me at the ATM and had an attitude. I don't want to give a full play by play, but it devolved in my chuckling at his shit talking (couldn't help it), my hand in my pocket in case I needed a weapon, him noticing this action and repeated 'get your hand out of your pocket'. I did nothing and he walked away with a parting comment that where he comes from they kill people like me.

Yeah yeah CSB

But yes, this is the first time this has happened to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I teach at a major local university.
My department isn't big, but I can't think of a more diverse group of people to be gathered to the plains of the US.

Asians, Muslims, Russians, Africans, Europeans, men, women etc.
Yet this group moves with a single purpose, watches out for each other, has very little if any infighting and produces a superior product.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I live in the worst area of detroit and i dont see this racial tension i keep hearing about from the left. afaik my family is the only white family on the block, the only problems i've had are from the white junkies.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:02:40 AM EDT
[#16]
I frequently go to a Mexican restaurant in an area where a lot of black people live, so naturally there are often many black customers present (and cops, teachers, undertakers, TV people, politicians, etc.)  I've been going there since 1984 and have a great relationship with the family (Texicans) who own it.

Most people get along fine most of the time, but occasionally I see a black person - Typically a woman roughly 30-50 - who seems ready to cop a 'tude at the slightest provocation.  Two examples:

- On a slow afternoon with no maître d' on duty, the "Please Seat Yourself" sign was posted at the entry to the main dining area.  I was sitting at the bar nearby next to one of the owners (a long-time friend.)  Three women walked in, looked around, and just stood there.  My friend got their attention and said "Please go ahead and seat yourselves."  One of the women scowled at him and said "Do we have to cook our own food, too?"

- During a busy charity fundraising event hosted by the owners in celebration of their 50th year in business, a woman confronted the two bartenders with a complaint.  She was holding a margarita glass that was about 3/4 empty, just some colored melt-water in the bottom.  She was complaining that her Cadillac margarita tasted funny and was demanding that they make a new one for her at no charge.  Both bartenders stood their ground and politely declined to give her a free cocktail.  She persisted for almost three minutes, then stormed away muttering something about racists.  (Both bartenders are part Mexican.)

Some of the black customers seem to have an elevated inclination to make special requests on their orders, e.g. no onions, guacamole on the side, etc., and make a scene if everything isn't exactly as they requested it.  People of all colors, ages, shapes, and sizes occasionally have complaints, it just seems that some black people are more inclined to make a loud scene about it.

Other than that, it's one big happy mixed community where everyone gets along.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#17]
We just interviewed six people at work and selected a black female.  She interviewed better than the rest.

This to replace a white guy we hired who quit after 10 days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:06:34 AM EDT
[#18]
No problems where I live with 60% white and 35% black.  The only people I do hear saying anything negative about Trump and all this media mass hysteria are white SJW types.  I'm fairly involved at the school and the black kids and parents don't seem to care.  It seems to be single moms and hippie parents that are virtue signaling like mofos and our small Jewish population that is overly concerned.  

Probably the funniest thing was this kid named "Bob" who is an Eagle Scout and smart young black kid.  He wears a MAGA hat outside of school and it drives this everyone is out to get her and Trump is evil single mom crazy.  I heard her ranting about how it makes no sense that this kid would support Trump given he's black and how racist Trump is and all these memorials and yada, yada, yada.  He overheard her one day and just shook his head.  I'll talk with him more in a few weeks.  Both his parents are awesome as well.

ETA: Trump had less white support than McCain or Romney and picked up more minority support than either of those two as well.  it shows.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I work in a factory and it has always been mixed.
Same old same old.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:10:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Have noticed a difference in the attitudes of many Afr. American retail checkout and service industry individuals.  Very little to no idle banter, chit chat, or general greetings.
It's been all business.  None of the usuall, "Good Morning", "Have a nice day.", etc. Little to no reciprocation when engaged.

The customary nod, or hello, howdy, etc. met with stink eye.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Appalachia, here.  There are some people in the county that have always been a problem, and they will keep on being a problem, regardless of this stuff.  Guess they could be a bigger problem, but only time will tell.  Hell, they've been making violent threats before all of this, so I guess they'll only feel more emboldened.  It's a small number, but it really only takes one to ruin your day.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Live in a racially diverse suburb, and work at a racially diverse employer. No issues. Friends and family are also racially diverse. No one gives a shit, no one is calling for a civil war. The worst is a few people occasionally do some mild bitching about Trump at about the same rate and intensity I heard others bitching about Obama.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Which one of you is the human and which is alien?  Only 1 race one the planet.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I stick out, I will always be the outsider, the gaikokujin.  I do not care to be honest.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#26]
These vast majority of race problems are in majority dem/liberal areas, so no there aren't any race problems here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Racial tension is only a thing in lower income neighborhoods.  I got middle eastern family next to me, black family next to them, Asian family behind me, Balkan family next to them and another middle eastern family next to them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Our county has maybe 20 black people total. We are the reddest county in Illinois I think. No rallies on the alt-right or anything.

Now across the river in Peoria the demo is pretty high, but they just have the typical gang shootings and burglaries.

Like others have posted, we see mostly antifa wannabes writing or spouting off.

Around here we picked our own cotton.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#29]
There are a lot of black women where I work and I don't hear anything about the foolishness going on. No one ever seems to talk about race issues here or the statutes. One did comment during the election trump had some good ideas.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes. 

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#31]
I live in rural W-NC. Nothing unusual here. Only racial or protest type stuff mentioned in our area was trying to be set up by an "emo" white kid that wasn't a local.  It was funny.

Nobody gives a shit about tearing down statues around here. 

CHRIS
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I live near a middle class neighborhood that is mostly a mix of Indian (dot), black, and white. No troubles here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
... any real tensions?
I live in an area with 2 or 3 colleges , and there are no protests, beatings, etc.
View Quote

Not really.  My neighborhood is about 1/3 black, 2/3 white.  No issues in our neighborhood or the entire town.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Work in Baltimore.  I have not noticed any changes with my patients.  They dont bring up anything about current events and I dont either.  I did have a few say they were depressed and were crying when Killary lost in Nov.    One even said Trump is "Trump is gunna round us up and put us in death camps."  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Wife is black. Obviously her family is too. Other than random frowning and jokes that I'm going to turn her into a Republican (she has been for a while, they just don't know), no. But they are also gun owning conservatives who still vote Democrat even though they often can't explain why.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:18:50 PM EDT
[#36]
When I was teaching in Title 1 schools, the black male students were the biggest problem.  I was told by a black colleague that the students instinctively hated me because I was white and that there was nothing I could do about it.

Hispanic males were problematic because every day all day was play time.

This was during the Obama years.  Don't know what it is like now.

But then I am just north of Dallas where a black man killed 5 cops.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
... any real tensions?
View Quote
Zero. But, I don't get out a lot.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:21:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I live in about the most racialy diverse part of CA there is and it's a UC town to boot.  No trouble for the most part but I don't go looking for it.  The biggest problem we have here is all the cracker tweakers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:26:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
From what I've seen, it's been more SJW white people who are insanely focused on the confederate monuments, flags and names.

ETA: Looked up our counties demographics.  50% white, 47% black.  Everyone seems to get along as good as can be expected of people these days.
View Quote
It's always SJWs.  Normal people either prefer the monuments stay, or don't care.  SJWs are a damned plague if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:27:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Nah, Asians and evil crackers tend to get along.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#41]
I don't think what you see on social media is actually real life.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm in the KC area and haven't noticed much, although the arabs at the liquor store where I stop for a tallboy after work were bitching about Trump last night. They were calling him an idiot, saying he's terrible with politics, etc. I told them I liked that he is terrible with politics.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:30:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Most of the problems are caused by SJW do-gooders from the Universities
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
... any real tensions?
View Quote

I work with and around all sorts of people in a mixed race area.  Not even a hint of trouble and I've never been worried.  Guess what - when you are nice to people they are nice to you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:52:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Fuck, no.

This is astroturfing bullshit by the leftist establishment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Most of my friends that I go hang out with outside work are not white. All in our late 20s. Everything has been fine lol.

Most of the trashy scumbags here are white methbilly types who also manage to be wiggers at the same time. Those fuckers are everywhere out here.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pretty much this.  This bullshit has been instigated by White SJWs and useful idiot minoritys have been drug into it by them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top