Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/23/2017 9:08:45 AM EDT
Seeing the armed protestors has made me think more about being the gray man, no camouflage, more civilian looking packs, boots, belts etc.  Maybe I'm just getting old and switching from tacticool, latest guns and gear to gray beard, mountain man, old west, revolver and lever gun guy?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Seeing the armed protestors has made me think more about being the gray man, no camouflage, more civilian looking packs, boots, belts etc.  Maybe I'm just getting old and switching from tacticool, latest guns and gear to gray beard, mountain man, old west, revolver and lever gun guy?  
View Quote

Why are you attending one of those cluster fucks to begin with?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not, just seeing pictures, but it seems like the protestors are popping up everywhere.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
yes

concealed carry beltfed

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Many of these people don't own the gear they're wearing or the rifles they carry during these events.  They are getting passed around to look like they are a bigger more-trained force than they actually are.

It's the one's you don't see that I'm more worried about, not some hipster faggot wearing gear that isn't even adjusted to his emaciated body or some dirty-haired hippie girl that probably has toxic shock syndrome from a week-old tampon between her legs.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Locally? no.

If I travel more than 100 miles from home I bring a shotgun and a concealed handgun.

I do not live in a culturally "vibrant" community so even CCW is not much needed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Nope. I've always thought all the HSLD-looking gear was silly for the average Joe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I have gone back to keeping a KISS AR in the truck along w/ 180 rounds of 5.56mm...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#8]
The Mozambique Drill & International Law | Instructor Zero
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#9]
The most HSLD piece of gear I own is my old LBE and I'd have to dig that out of the back of a closet if the balloon goes up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have gone back to keeping a KISS AR in the truck along w/ 180 rounds of 5.56mm...
View Quote
This. I live in a low crime area and am rarely more than 10 miles from home during the week. I carry a gun wherever I go mostly because I can, more than I feel there is great risk. In my car is usually a second concealed carry gun, and a good knife.

I have changed that to a IIIa vest, a pistol with two 17 round mags in a lock box, and an AR pistol with 5 mags.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Radical right-wingers cause me more alarm than college kids who want to LARP commando, and have existed for the better part of 60 years in their current form.

Therefore, the gear I've had before will still work now.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#12]
No because their kind lurks in urban areas that I rarely visit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:42:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No because their kind lurks in urban areas that I rarely visit.
View Quote

This, it just added another reason to the already long list of why I avoid cities
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:47:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I have  a few AR's , 18",  16"  8.5"  ,   a few pistols  45 ACP,   9mm,  380 ,  
ar500 plate carrier/plate  ,  an field issue  IFAK with 1 hand CAT tourniquet and quikclot ,  
civilian clothes
VHF/UHF radios   already programmed for local repeaters to get  some good info from HAM's

all my gear is  tan which can just be rattle can painted for a different camo color  if need be.  or  covered over by a jacket.  

i have plenty of ammo,  water, food, etc
not really worried.
i will be the grey man , always have been.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Most definitely

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:56:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Nope.  But other than my carry gun, I never started wearing the latest tacticool crap in the first place.  

The only thing the protestors have changed my thinking about is how often I get out to practice with my carry gun.  More practice will get you further than gobs of excess gear you probably won't even have on you if or when something happens.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:56:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't leave home without a firearm any more, if that's what you mean.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Yep.
This is my daily driver now:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:03:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Just reinforces my already strong grey-man tendency. The point of camo is to blend in with the surrounding area. Of course in East Tennessee wearing camo does tend to make one blend in, especially in fancy places like Walmart, the gas station, church, funerals, weddings...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#20]
In West-BY-GOD-Virginia, part of the camo set is a bottle of Mountain Dew.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Like people have said before, it's mostly in dangerous urban areas that I never visit...
Just kidding I drive through the West side of Chicago on a daily basis and live just outside city limits. The best camouflage is no camouflage. Just another working stiff In black pants and a polo driving a beater Honda. Last thing you want in a place like that is to be mistaken for a cop or someone with shit to steal. Blend in with the decay.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I've thought about picking up a 7" or so AR pistol that would fit in my backpack/go bag, but then I remember I live in Utah and the chances of getting caught up in something like the Rodney King riots or even Charlottesville is pretty remote.

Although downtown SLC is getting pretty libtarded, I rarely go down there anyway.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#24]
First off, I don't go to protests.  Not my thing.  I see my role as essentially defensive in nature. While our rallies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, I am holding myself in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then I can move in and stop them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Besides cut off cammies for shorts I don't really wear camo. Just t shirts and jeans/shorts. I usually wear a budlight hat.

I love my lever guns and revolvers but I prefer magazine fed guns for fighting. My 1911 is my normal EDC lately. It's concealed but a lot faster to reload than my Blackhawk.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:23 AM EDT
[#27]
Grey man
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:55 AM EDT
[#28]
No, people have always been the primary threat.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#29]
No.......not one single bit.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why are you attending one of those cluster fucks to begin with?
View Quote
That is the correct question to be asking.......
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Shoot em in the dick, take their multicam. Redistribution of tac gear. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:23:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Nope.  But other than my carry gun, I never started wearing the latest tacticool crap in the first place.  

The only thing the protestors have changed my thinking about is how often I get out to practice with my carry gun.  More practice will get you further than gobs of excess gear you probably won't even have on you if or when something happens.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#33]
A helmet makes more sense now
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The most HSLD piece of gear I own is my old LBE and I'd have to dig that out of the back of a closet if the balloon goes up.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
First off, I don't go to protests.  Not my thing.  I see my role as essentially defensive in nature. While our rallies are advancing so fast and everyone's knocking themselves out to be heroes, I am holding myself in reserve in case the Krauts mount a counteroffensive which threatens Paris... or maybe even New York. Then I can move in and stop them.
View Quote
Yes, but how's your dog imitation?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I want to add a poncho.. they seem to be into throwing pee on people.. Biological Weapons
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:29:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's my OTHER dog imitation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:30:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Just reinforces my already strong grey-man tendency. The point of camo is to blend in with the surrounding area. Of course in East Tennessee wearing camo does tend to make one blend in, especially in fancy places like Walmart, the gas station, church, funerals, weddings...
View Quote
Overalls with one strap undone...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:31:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hell no!

Either a small SBR or AR pistol in a discreet bag.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:31:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I do not live in a culturally "vibrant" community so even CCW is not much needed.
View Quote
Lots of deaded people have uttered these words. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#42]
We're not taking any more work requests in the "rich and vibrant" area we so affectionately call "NORTH Tulsa", period.

I may lose a client over this one...but the answer is still No.

It's not that we're afraid of being attacked or robbed there. The area has always been dangerous.

BUT NOW, Tulsa has it's own race pimps: Marc Lewis and the Smolen Law Firm. They're more than happy to take on ANY case where white's have had to defend themselves when attacked by one of the "protected classes".

You may be completely in the right, your attacker may be dead...and the courts may find you completely innocent. But then it's up to Marc Lewis and Co. to crucify you in the media and dig through your garbage until they find SOMETHING to come at you with.

Our legal counsel has advised us not to work there, at least not through the Trump administration. The left has a chip on their shoulder.

Truth has no meaning to the CTRL-LEFT.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#43]
They're annoucing their arrival.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#44]
I won't change a thing. I'm already set up for the maximum stupidity I can reasonably expect and have been for years.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Grey man
View Quote
<----- plaid man 

Other than another three mags to go with the carbine dejour, no big changes.

I do need to drill a bit more with the back carry piece.  Monday, from concealed draw all my shots went low.  I suppose 3 shot to the crotch are suitable though 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Many of these people don't own the gear they're wearing or the rifles they carry during these events.  They are getting passed around to look like they are a bigger more-trained force than they actually are.

It's the one's you don't see that I'm more worried about, not some hipster faggot wearing gear that isn't even adjusted to his emaciated body or some dirty-haired hippie girl that probably has toxic shock syndrome from a week-old tampon between her legs.
View Quote
Ok, I laughed. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:37:07 AM EDT
[#47]
No, body armor is rather silly for your average person. I do take a rifle when I leave town though and a extra box of pistol ammo (if I'm driving, not flying). A good belt w/ mags and holster, and light chest rig is something worth owning though. I actually keep oneof my belts by my bed; holster, light, couple of mags.

Quoted:
Locally? no.

If I travel more than 100 miles from home I bring a shotgun and a concealed handgun.

View Quote
That is really a poor thought process, bad people show up in good places, sometimes just passing through.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:56:04 AM EDT
[#48]
I put up the camo but for hunting season now.

I have taken on the Grey man theory, but carry a sidearm concealed, and have an old 870 shorty behind the seat of the truck with #4 buck, staggered with Rottwiel slugs, when local.
If I travel, I swap out the shotty for a 9 round 45-70 levergun.
I have made up several "battlepacks" of ammo for that, each with 200 rounds in them.

I drive by trouble unless  one of my former, before retirement teammates is in trouble.
I stay out of the cities, unless I have no choice, then, only in and out as quick as possible.

The AR's stay at home, always ready with 360 rounds in grab and go bags if needed.
The armor, helmet and other stuff is right there as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#49]
1) If it gets so bad that you need to travel with an AR15, plate carrier and full tactical gear it doesnt really matter at that point if all your gear is multicam, black, FDE, OD green, or smurf penis blue. Either way youre going to stick out like a sore thumb if youre running around in a public area. Its not like you can paint off of your gear some color of urban grey and be able to magically walk around the grocery store in combat gear and not have anyone notice.

2) I try to avoid armed conflict. Antifa and other violent hate groups are rioting in public areas, they do so because they want attention. Just do your best to avoid them and you want need to bust out the tactical gear. If they start protesting in the your neighborhood you can defend yourself from your home, no one will see what color your gear is as you look out your second story window.

3) The only situation I could see where it might make sense to have "tactical gear" that blends in would be for unexpected situations you cant avoid. But in those situations a CCW and soft body armor should be more than sufficient. Example, say youre driving home on the highway and the turd head lefties decide to block traffic for their latest, loser lifes matter protest. The protest turns violent, there are cars stopped in front, behind and to your sides, you cant drive away and the mod is getting dangerously close.

Its 1 vs 1,000, the most bada$$ tactical gear in the world isnt going to help, now is not the time to stand your ground. Grab your CCW, toss on a solid dark colored (navy, black or tan) bullet proof vest, backpack or any other lightweight and simple gear you have with your and start running in the opposite direction as the mob. I personally keep a plan backpack in my trunk with a couple bottles of water, granola bars, flash light, blanket, gloves, hat and some first aid supplies but am considering leaving some surplus police body armor in there as well.

Quoted:
I don't see how anyone outside of large cities is going to somehow stumble into some Commie protest by surprise.
View Quote
Pretty much this. Even then its contained to single neighborhoods, the media wants you to think this riots are tens of thousands of people in size and happening in every city across the nation. Theyre not. There was a silly lives matter rally downtown in Cincinnati that was to pass right by my office building, i was legit concerned, made sure I was mentally prepared and had my bag ready to leave the office in a hurry, car back in the spot, etc... then the rally showed up, all dozen of them. Theres a million+ people in the greater Cincinnati area and they couldnt muster more than a dozen people for a cause thats supposedly sweeping the nation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Makes no difference whatever.  I'm a 67 year old type 1 diabetic with arthritis and peripheral neuropathy.  My plan has always been to bug in.  I live 15 miles from the nearest city of any size so the only issue is useful idiots in transit.

I always carry an M&P .45 plus three extra mags when i leave my apartment.

That's as good as it's gonna get.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top