Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/23/2017 7:52:02 AM EDT
Now this doesn't apply to those who don't do dumb shit. But this morning I had some idiot in a big utility truck complete with cherry picker just cruising along side me.

Harley rider behind me, I see him nearly every morning. Long blond poney tail down to his lower back,  stupid useless thin helmet on a red Harley with saddle bags...but hard not the soft leather ones, fiberglass, maybe they have A different name? Anyway, between my drivers side mirror and the big ass mirror on the truck, I know there couldn't have been much room for this big motorcycle with fairly decent sized rider, but he decides to split the lanes.

All I can think is "you're fucking retarded!" I give a quick honk to his stupidity and I see a tan leather work glove rise with the middle finger standing tall. Splitting lanes is illegal in Georgia btw.

Oh he must think I'm the ass hole for honking at him being a fucking idiot?  Do these retards not realize if he fucks up, it's not going to bother me in my beater 1996 Honda, but he's going to have a real bad day, if not lethal.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
All I can think is "your fucking retarded!" I give a quick honk to his stupidity and I see a tan leather work glove rise with the middle finger standing tall. Splitting lanes is illegal in Georgia btw.
View Quote

You're

Edit: OP I knew you would alter your post instead of owning it. Thus why I saved the above quote for posterity.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#2]
wait till he smashes your side mirrors

next time block him

lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:56:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Were his pipes loud?

Something saved his life and it damn sure ain't his riding skills.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

next time block him

lol
View Quote
I didn't think he was actually stupid enough to do it. It's like they either don't care, or think they can avoid anything.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:59:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Were his pipes loud?

Something saved his life and it damn sure ain't his riding skills.
View Quote
Actually stock pipes which aren't loud at all. Which is why I previously didn't think he was retarded as he apparently is.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:00:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Woot
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:02:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Were you left lane camping?
View Quote
I was in the right lane. Utility truck was left lane camping.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:07:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I ride everyday, not on a Harley. Your implication that most Harley riders do stupid things similar to this is not my experience. Most of the time I see the young sport bike riders doing shit like that.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:20:43 AM EDT
[#9]
ANY Harley rider that lane splits must be an decent rider, I would give him a pass (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ANY Harley rider that lane splits must be an decent rider, I would give him a pass (no pun intended)
View Quote
I didn't say he can't ride, I'm saying it's fucking stupid. Risk vs reward. And I didn't even mention him running the red light at the next intersection.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now this doesn't apply to those who don't do dumb shit. But this morning I had some idiot in a big utility truck complete with cherry picker just cruising along side me.

Harley rider behind me, I see him nearly every morning. Long blond poney tail down to his lower back,  stupid useless thin helmet on a red Harley with saddle bags...but hard not the soft leather ones, fiberglass, maybe they have A different name? Anyway, between my drivers side mirror and the big ass mirror on the truck, I know there couldn't have been much room for this big motorcycle with fairly decent sized rider, but he decides to split the lanes.

All I can think is "you're fucking retarded!" I give a quick honk to his stupidity and I see a tan leather work glove rise with the middle finger standing tall. Splitting lanes is illegal in Georgia btw.

Oh he must think I'm the ass hole for honking at him being a fucking idiot?  Do these retards not realize if he fucks up, it's not going to bother me in my beater 1996 Honda, but he's going to have a real bad day, if not lethal.
View Quote

They're called panniers, and idk how people lane split with them on. It's hard enough without them some times on my skinny Thruxton R, let alone an enormous Harley with panniers.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:39:20 AM EDT
[#12]
You're a day early.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't say he can't ride, I'm saying it's fucking stupid. Risk vs reward. And I didn't even mention him running the red light at the next intersection.
View Quote
Are you his daddy?   Why worry about it, unless you are worried he will ding your 96 Honda beater?

Just chalk it up to not minding your own business and you got called on it & move on. You can't save all of us idiots on the planet, worry about you and yours.     
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You're a day early.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Did the bad man who effiiciently uses available road space to help traffic flow smoothly hurt your feelings?

Call the police next time OP. Make sure to mention the obscene gesture, GA probably has a law against that too. Make sure you hang around to file a full report. Justice must be done.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I didn't think he was actually stupid enough to do it. It's like they either don't care, or think they can avoid anything.
View Quote
Ive ran into that, they think they can get away with anything.  Boozefighters MC cut off my family and I.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Why would you honk in this situation? You think a guy that's stupid enough to split lanes like that gives a shit about your horn?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They're called panniers, and idk how people lane split with them on. It's hard enough without them some times on my skinny Thruxton R, let alone an enormous Harley with panniers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:48:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Did he have a get-back whip?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are you his daddy?   Why worry about it, unless you are worried he will ding your 96 Honda beater?

Just chalk it up to not minding your own business and you got called on it & move on. You can't save all of us idiots on the planet, worry about you and yours. 
View Quote
Yep. Always amazes me when I can get around some left lane camping POS, and they honk.
WTF? Like they've dedicated their life to slowing people down, and just can't come to terms that some will slip through.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did he have a get-back whip?
View Quote
Well of course he did. Somehow I knew you'd be in on page one of this thread. Good morning RDTCU, let that harley hate flow even if it is a day early for it. lol
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

next time block him

lol
View Quote
Yeah, that's not a dick move.

So who exactly was wronged in this situation?

I can't understand why people pace with cars/trucks right next to them, nowhere to go if shit happens.

Get the fuck out of the way and position yourself on the road so you're not fucking the flow of traffic and mean old motorcycle men won't hurt your feelings, problem solved!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well of course he did. Somehow I knew you'd be in on page one of this thread. Good morning RDTCU, let that harley hate flow even if it is a day early for it. lol
View Quote
Hey, it's too easy when the stories write themselves
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And I didn't even mention him running the red light at the next intersection.
View Quote
Probably because after honking your horn, he figured you're a hothead and he should get away from you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:59:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Its traffic. Who gives a fuck. No harm no foul.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You're a day early.
View Quote
Right, it's not Thursday yet
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:13:07 AM EDT
[#27]
He can't help it OP. It's just his cro magnon monkey man syndrome taking over. It's just a matter of time.........

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Tell him to eat a peach.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
This right here OP.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're a day early.
I get paid on Thursdays, I saw a harley thread in GD and was like, "Sweet, it must be payday!"

Thanks a lot OP.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Split on all my bikes (in traffic at a reasonable speed).  Admittingly, my GSA loaded with gear and the wife has the occasional pucker.  Gotta say I've never had anyone blow their horn.  If anything, they give a little room.

Thruxton R...took one out a couple months out.  Sweet bike!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I can't understand why people pace with cars/trucks right next to them, nowhere to go if shit happens.
View Quote
A lot of times people do this without realizing it.  Especially when they're dicking around with their cell phones.

The people who are the worst are the ones who sit right on the semis ass for miles, but then decide to pass right as I'm changing lanes to pass them.  Right behind them are the people who put the lead foot down with no cars around, then slow to a crawl to pass anybody.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Get the fuck out of the way and position yourself on the road so you're not fucking the flow of traffic and mean old motorcycle men won't hurt your feelings, problem solved!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

next time block him

lol

At least OP honked his horn, so he confirmed his "concerned" stereotype and has now completed his destiny as a concerned blocker of the road.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep. Always amazes me when I can get around some left lane camping POS, and they honk.
WTF? Like they've dedicated their life to slowing people down, and just can't come to terms that some will slip through.
View Quote
Card carrying members of the Anti-Destination League.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Not Thursday. Don't care.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:16:16 AM EDT
[#36]
I do lane splitting on log jammed freeways.  Getting rear-ended is not pretty for a motorcyclist, and on log jams, that's where it typical happens.   

Maybe control your rage and get one yourself rather than be frustrated while sitting in traffic that's not flowing?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#37]
It's entertaining to see how being on a motorcycle ticks some people off when you are out riding.  I've seen drivers do all kinds of crazy shit to prove their manhood to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I ride everyday, not on a Harley. Your implication that most Harley riders do stupid things similar to this is not my experience. Most of the time I see the young sport bike riders doing shit like that.
View Quote
Yeah seems like the more money some asshole spends on a bike makes them more entitled to ride like a fucking asshole
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Being on a sportbike goads Harley riders into taking risks too.  It's rare that a Harley rider won't "try" and overtake you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:28:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's entertaining to see how being on a motorcycle ticks some people off when you are out riding.  I've seen drivers do all kinds of crazy shit to prove their manhood to me.
View Quote
Seems nowadays lots of people get butt hurt on the roads if you're not driving/riding the exact type of vehicle they prefer at the exact speed they want in the exact lane they feel you should be in.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Just move over to the right a bit to give him more room. Geez, it's not hard. Your not king of the road.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:36:31 AM EDT
[#42]
"Stupid Harley Riders Gun Owners"

yeah...see where this is going?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Being on a sportbike goads Harley riders into taking risks too.  It's rare that a Harley rider won't "try" and overtake you.
View Quote
Never seen it, EVER.
However, that does hilariously describe the effect my Ducati has on the plastic 600cc crowd...
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Never seen it, EVER.
However, that does hilariously describe the effect my Ducati has on the plastic 600cc crowd...
View Quote
When somebody says they've never seen something happen that commonly happens, I just assume they don't ride that much.  Spends more time polishing and tinkering than riding.

Pretty much anybody on any other motorcycle is going to try to turn up the heat on you.  Even guys on dirt bikes.  It's a jungle out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are just jealous because the wife wouldn't let them have one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

When somebody says they've never seen something happen that commonly happens, I just assume they don't ride that much.  Spends more time polishing and tinkering than riding.

Pretty much anybody on any other motorcycle is going to try to turn up the heat on you.  Even guys on dirt bikes.  It's a jungle out there.
View Quote
You know what they say about assumptions. Between Colorado, Sturgis, and Hopkinsville KY in the past three weeks, that was 7000 miles. In the last year, I've put 40K miles on my two bikes. Maybe I just need to get out more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They are just jealous because the wife wouldn't let them have one.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#48]
In on Harley Hate thread
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

You know what they say about assumptions. Between Colorado, Sturgis, and Hopkinsville KY in the past three weeks, that was 7000 miles. In the last year, I've put 40K miles on my two bikes. Maybe I just need to get out more.
View Quote
Next clue is outrageous mileage claims.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not Thursday. Don't care.
View Quote
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top