Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 12:34:17 AM EDT
Which Glock should I get worked on? I mostly just want front slide serrations.

Glock 22- my USPSA Limited Gun-I've had this gun for 11 years
Glock 17- carry gun and backup- had this gun since May
Glock 19- carry gun- owned this gun for 2 years
Glock 43- thin carry gun- owned since February
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:43:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm just saying I've been very pleased with Jaegerwerks and their RDS install on my 17.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Considering the same on one of my 19's...I'd like to hear suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:47:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I would avoid the metal-gnawing beaver-machinists of Tooth and Nail, based on what I've seen of their work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Jagerwerks
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Norsso.  Great attention to detail.

Norsso
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Tooth and Nail Armory is the best choice if you want to shit all over the memory of your fine sidearm and get assfucked by the worst most crooked customer service known to man
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:52:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Pike at Mod1 Firearms did some work on my 35.  He's done some really nice Glocks for other friends of mine and people I know.  One of them was a John Noveske tribute gun in 17L trim.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:55:23 AM EDT
[#8]
none. Dont.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:55:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Go with whatever gun is your go-to for defensive work.  Games can wait.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
none. Dont.
View Quote
Or this.  Front cocking serrations are nice for general loading/unloading.  They will most likely not be a consideration in a gun fight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm interested in some slide work along with some frame work as well on my G4 G19, serrations, rmr mount, and finger groove removal and some meat taken off the trigger guard. Never had any work done before. Might just go ahead and buy a slide already done.

How is the Glock Store for this sort of job? Have seen some of their youtube videos and looked good.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:21:26 AM EDT
[#12]
ATEi
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:23:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
none. Dont.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:26:27 AM EDT
[#14]
dont pay someone to fuck up a perfectly fine gun.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:36:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been looking into this as well. Jagerwerks is who I'll likely go with since they only charge $25 for serrations.

Seems low
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Jagerwerks, RMR.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:39:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've been looking into this as well. Jagerwerks is who I'll likely go with since they only charge $25 for serrations.

Seems low
View Quote
Doesn't include refinishing, but like I said, they do good work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:41:38 AM EDT
[#18]
OP......go buy a custom slide for whatever gun you want to, and maybe get a good barrel for it too.

Then, if you don't like it for some reason, you haven't ruined a factory slide.

And you might get beter responses in the glock section of the forum,,,,you know,,,since it's a glock question and all.

_
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#19]
My vote is for ATEi on the 19. I had an excellent experience that way.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:15:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems low
And their Cerakoting is only $50.

Do they blast the entire slide? If they just knocked the finish off the exterior parts I could use Alumahyde. I have an extremely budget G19 I put together that doesn't need any special consideration... the only thing is that the slide doesn't have any serrations (blank Suarez) and I would prefer to have them. For some reason the previous owner had it Cerakoted that way
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:40:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Do they blast the entire slide? If they just knocked the finish off the exterior parts I could use Alumahyde. I have an extremely budget G19 I put together that doesn't need any special consideration... the only thing is that the slide doesn't have any serrations (blank Suarez) and I would prefer to have them. For some reason the previous owner had it Cerakoted that way
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems low

I had mine Black Nitride'd so I don't know what they do as far as Cerakote prep, I think they are a site sponsor, and were very responsive to my emails.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:44:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had mine Black Nitride'd so I don't know what they do as far as Cerakote prep, I think they are a site sponsor, and were very responsive to my emails.
View Quote
how is their black nitride holding up?

i thought about getting them to mill out an rmr mount on one of my 19s and was going to go with nitride.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems low

I shot them an email a little while ago with a few questions
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:51:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

i thought about getting them to mill out an rmr mount on one of my 19s and was going to go with nitride.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very Good, I'll take some pics when I get up tomorrow afternoon, but I'm not carrying it as much as I thought I would though.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:40:54 AM EDT
[#25]
I personally don't like the slide cuts and stippling, but for some reason this guy's work always looked cool to me.  Only reason I know about his stuff is because he is local and always see it on facebook groups. (Not trying to sell you on his, I could care less, but I think it looks cooler than most I see posted other places).

Loki Tactical
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:58:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Lots of folks doing great work on Glock slides, a few mentioned already, small list below, no links, google it

Jagerworks
Primary Machine
Loki Tactical
ModK Armory
Maple Leaf firearms
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#27]
This guy does really nice work and is extremely fast. I haven't had a slide cut done, but everything else I have sent him has turned around in 1 day or same day.

http://www.ncengravers.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top