Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 12:20:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly why go there for all the other BS if you leave the resort.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:24:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't need the .gov to tell me to stay out of that shit hole.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the resorts and cruise ports still fairly safe?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:36:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Been to Cancun once and riveria maya twice both times to the iberostar that has had issues with the American dieing. I had a great time every Just keep your head on straight and know your no longer in America.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I was in Los Cabos a few years ago for a wedding party.  I had fun. But when it starts getting dark and they roll out steel grate door things in front of the Tiffany and Rolex store then position a couple dudes with body armor and shotguns.... well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:41:15 AM EDT
[#6]
We went to Cancun in 1994 on our honeymoon.  It really wan't any different than a beach on the US Gulf Coast, except all of the Mexicans were in their home country.  We ventured out to see some ruins and my ass was gripping the bus seat the whole trip.  It was interesting to see true poverty.

I'm happy with US beaches.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Is there a similar warning for Chicago?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are the resorts and cruise ports still fairly safe?
View Quote
Fair amount of reports of tainted alcohol and people unwillingly getting drugged.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I wonder if mehico's el presidente tones down his wall stance?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#10]
When will Main Street USA finally acknowledge that much of Mexico is just a Somalia on our border complete with drug warlords and Bakara Markets with sombreros.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#11]
It was bad back in 2011 would never go back again.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:30:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Used to go every year for many years back in the late 90's/early 2000's. Would fly into Los Cabos and either go down to Cabo San Lucas and do a little fishing, drinking and playing at Lord Blacks or head north to Los Barilles and just fish outta Palmas de Cortez. We had a blast and never had any trouble. The wife unit and I were recently planning a getaway. Mexico came up. No frickin way would I take my wife and kids down there now. What a shame. I'd trade California for Baja California all day everyday and twice on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:04:13 AM EDT
[#13]
We went to Cabo last June and had no trouble whatsoever.  All of the Mexicans I talked to liked it there because they considered it safe.  Either they were from way worse places or crime has ramped up dramatically since then.  I guess they could also be trained to tell tourists that, as well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#14]
They give out a lot of warnings.  Then the Embassy and Consulates give warnings too.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
/Snip/  It was interesting to see true poverty.

I'm happy with US beaches.
View Quote

We spent a week in Playa Del Carmen.  Had a great time, but any time we traveled (ruins, water park, from airport to our hotel) I was amazed at the abject poverty I saw.

The "poor" here don't know what poor is.  I saw shacks that consisted of two walls and a slant roof...people lived in them.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Once the cruise ships stop going its bad.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:16:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Can't read OP's link without registering, or disabling adblocker.  So here is a link to the actual advisory:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:18:44 AM EDT
[#18]
I refuse to go there & contribute to their economy anyway.  This just further solidifies my already firm position on travel there.

I will give my hard earned money to U.S. beach cities / resorts any day over Mexganistan..... even ones in commie states such as CA & HI.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Puerto Vallarta was nice when we went years ago. I wish I visited Cancun before it got bad. I have no desire to visit these days.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#20]
What is it about Americans that they think they can go to a completely different country and act like the jackass they are at home?

I've been to Mexico dozens of times to many different regions and cities.  The people there are always friendly and helpful, whether in an office, or a shop, a bank or the police.  Millions of Americans visit Mexico every year without any problems.

So, don't get drunk and go to the back streets looking for weed after midnight, flashing your cash and you won't get hurt.  Stay at your luxury resort, fill up on the free drinks, stuff yourself with Tex-Mex, and enjoy the beach.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fair amount of reports of tainted alcohol and people unwillingly getting drugged.
View Quote
Fake news.   Don't do drugs and you will be fine.

Maybe stay out of night clubs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top