Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 7:25:46 PM EDT
I'm going to put together a 300Blk pistol for keeping in my truck.  I've decided against the 223/5.56 due to the velocity loss issues and reliability issues when barrel get real short where as 300Blk works better (reliable) with pistol length barrel/gas.  My question is how short can I go with 300Blk without effecting reliability and at same time have enough velocity for reliable expansion with various JHP type ammo.  I guess I'm just trying to decide on the optimal barrel length for the 300Blk. while still short enough to fit in a tennis racket bag or small gym bag.  I've seen some 10 1/2" uppers and pistols but they seem too long for my purpose and I was told some 7 1/2" uppers have reliability issues.  I guess that leaves 8"-9" uppers.  Any known reliability issues with uppers in such length?  Do they retain enough velocity from such shot barrel to expand JHP bullets?  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
~8ish inches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top