Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/22/2017 5:47:54 PM EDT
The wife has been really, really, I mean reeeeally pissed at me for the last couple days.  Yesterday I took the kids to see the eclipse's totality two hours north of here to give her some alone time--I thought that was what she needed.  Nope.  Pissed as Hell when we got home.  Even more pissed now.

I just now realized our anniversary was two days ago.  I am such a fucking idiot.

Thanks for listening.

ETA because Rules:
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
His name was llanero
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Does no one respect the rules anymore?  I'd say you have make up sex to look forward to but with how you follow the rules for all I know you might be married to Caitlyn Jenner.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
looooooooooooooooooooooool
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]
dibs on guns and AMMO
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:51:35 PM EDT
[#5]
oh

my
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
you get a 9.5 for the "good daddy" part ...that usually enough to get me in good with the wife
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Hmmm.

Yeah, I think you're going to have a hard time getting the shit back in the horse at this point.

Good luck.  Maybe start with flowers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Only one solution
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL Good story for the grandkids...and never forgetting the eclipse date...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#10]
This fix will be expensive!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#11]
lol

i bet she downloaded tinder, pof and eharmony apps already 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#12]
It's her fault for not reminding you the week before, the dumb card works sometimes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Say "hey, why you pissed?"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:54:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Meh. How many years married?

It's just another day. Surprise her some other random day throughout the year when she doesn't expect it
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow. You essentially chose to focus on some dumb eclipse over your anniversary.

How ever you were probably thinking of the kids so that's a pass.

As for her...

Good luck buddy. Hope you have a very comfy couch.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's what you do. Tell her you didn't forget your anniversary. You just didn't feel like celebrating such a shitty marriage. That'll make the last couple of days seem awesome by comparison.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol.

Her reply... "Nothing"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol.

You're fucked...or are you???

What did SHE get YOU?!?

Quick, flip the script!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Here's what you do. Tell her you didn't forget your anniversary. You just didn't feel like celebrating such a shitty marriage. That'll make the last couple of days seem awesome by comparison.
View Quote
Savage 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck dude. That was you on the hood of that mercedes?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol.

Her reply... "Nothing"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

Her reply... "Nothing"
That's when you know you are in HUGE trouble.

When you ask what is wrong, and they say "nothing."

You know you done fucked up right? You know that right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Just tell her that you love her so much that everyday is like your anniversary, or some such nonsense

Or buy her something expensive and beg forgiveness
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's her fault for not reminding you the week before, the dumb card works sometimes.
View Quote
Yup, her fault for not reminding you. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Go buy something nice. Have someone photoshop the receipt date to a week prior to the anniversary. Give her the gift now  "you forgot our anniversary so I didn't want to embarrass you by giving you a gift on that day"   White lies are OK in this situation OP.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Tell her you just realized the anniversary, apologize like you mean it then make it up to her. That is if you want to get laid anytime soon anyways.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lol.

You're fucked...or are you???

What did SHE get YOU?!?

Quick, flip the script!!!
View Quote
That's what I was going to post!

Heck yeah, go ask her how come SHE forgot to get YOU anything for your anniversary, yet she's mad at you.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#27]
The damage has been done.. it will never be forgotten, but you need to minimize as much of the damage as possible.

This calls for something super special.. which includes any three combo of the following plus flowers, chocolate, and groveling.

1. Romantic weekend away(staycation, airbnb, fancy hotel)
2. Retardedly expensive dinner
3. Jewelry, not costume.. the real deal.  What is her favorite gemstone, get some giant solitaire earrings or something
4. 2 hours of full body massage by you
5. Watch two super chick flicks, or 3 episodes of one of the follwing: bachelor, bachelorette, or real housewives of somewhere
6. Visit a minimum of two museums(air and spaces do not count)
7. A full on Musical, whichever one is going around now.

ETA:
Dont forget the actual anniversary year themed gifts... https://www.eternityrose.com/anniversary-gifts-by-year
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:05 PM EDT
[#28]
You are not alone.  A few years ago a bunch of us went on a golf trip.  We were about 7 hours drive time from home, when one guys phone rang.  It was his daughter, "Hey dad, did you forget your anniversary was today?"

He had that Oh shit look on his face.  Gets off phone and then says, Oh no, that means her birthday was yesterday.

The next phone call was very short.  

That was 10 years ago, he is still married
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Shit happens, she'll get over it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Regroup MFer, make her beg for more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck dude. That was you on the hood of that mercedes?
View Quote
First thing I thought of too!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Lol.

Her reply... "Nothing"
View Quote
We done chewed that tobacco.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Only one solution
View Quote
Yes - some problems are really that easy to solve.

This is likely one of them.  Drop some coin and get her something very nice, that will always tell her how bad you felt about it, and she'll forgive you.

Price of fucking up!  LOL
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Get some jewelry and tell her you had to wait for it. You wanted to surprise her. Or, tell her you were confused with the date you got together, if she believes that...good luck...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#36]
ITT: We learn whose wives need to be bribed to have sex with them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You are not alone.  A few years ago a bunch of us went on a golf trip.  We were about 7 hours drive time from home, when one guys phone rang.  It was his daughter, "Hey dad, did you forget your anniversary was today?"

He had that Oh shit look on his face.  Gets off phone and then says, Oh no, that means her birthday was yesterday.

The next phone call was very short.  

That was 10 years ago, he is still married
View Quote
You need to get this man to give a seminar on "Getting Forgiveness for Memory Failures".

OP, we'll be here for you. If you still have a house and a computer and an internets, after she goes nuclear on ya.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#38]
ehhhhh........i might have done that, a time......or two.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ITT: We learn whose wives need to be bribed to have sex with them.
View Quote
LOL.  Im lucky.. even if i screwed up my wife would not withold.. she would remind me a lot and be mad at me, but the sexytime door is always open for both of us no matter what happens.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The damage has been done.. it will never be forgotten, but you need to minimize as much of the damage as possible.

This calls for something super special.. which includes any three combo of the following plus flowers, chocolate, and groveling.

1. Romantic weekend away(staycation, airbnb, fancy hotel)
2. Retardedly expensive dinner
3. Jewelry, not costume.. the real deal.  What is her favorite gemstone, get some giant solitaire earrings or something
4. 2 hours of full body massage by you
5. Watch two super chick flicks, or 3 episodes of one of the follwing: bachelor, bachelorette, or real housewives of somewhere
6. Visit a minimum of two museums(air and spaces do not count)
7. A full on Musical, whichever one is going around now.

ETA:
Dont forget the actual anniversary year themed gifts... https://www.eternityrose.com/anniversary-gifts-by-year
View Quote
Holy fuck, he forgot a date.  Nothing is worth the bachelor alone
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Shit happens, she'll get over it.
View Quote
Apologize sincerely. . .and she doesn't get over it call her on it.  This thing of trading money for a wife getting over a mistake is bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Just say oops, my bad, lets have anal sex.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:08:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Man, am I happy I married a woman that no shit doesn't give a fuck about anniversaries or birthdays.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#44]
why is it always the guy's responsibility to plan something? Tell her you're mad at her for not doing anything for your anniversary
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:09:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Buenos suerte wey
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#46]
If you buy her a new car she will forget instantly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Try this!

"Here is the deal...our wedding anniversary is a date on the calendar.  A number, one out of 365 most years.  I know the day we got married, I think about that day often, and how glad I am to be married to you.  The fact that the day slipped by without me realizing it was a simple cognitive error, not an intentional act to be cruel or as a show of disrespect or disdain.  I'm sorry I didn't realize what was going on for two days.  But there is no need to be bitchy so lose the attitude. You could have wished me good tidings the same day you expected me to, but you didn't.  So lets go get some take out and turn on Netflix.  Love you!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:10:18 PM EDT
[#48]
One year, me, my sister and my father all forgot my mothers birthday.  ALL OF US.  I have no idea how that happened but I can tell you it has never happened again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Maybe it's that time of the month.    Go ask her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top