Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 4:40:37 PM EDT
My router from century link has been really flakey lately.  What is a good wireless router that won't break the bank?  Thinking i would like a dual band, but honestly not sure if I need it or not.  

Is there any info you all need to help me pick one?  If so please let me know
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#2]
In, I need a new one as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Who the fuck still has DSL anymore?  Step one: get rid of the ancient,overpriced technology DSL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who the fuck still has DSL anymore?  Step one: get rid of the ancient,overpriced technology DSL.
View Quote
I'm wireless, but need another router I have a ASIS, but with everything going on we had a second dish installed and need a router for the second dish.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I have dsl because it's either that or satellite, fuck satellite.  Just upgraded to the nighthawk, from a shitty actiontec, much better.

This one.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Certified-CenturyLink/dp/B0111MRL4S
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:45:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
meh. My options are 25Mbps DSL for $45 or Comcast....fuck Comcast. I don't ever get close to using all of my bandwidth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
meh. My options are 25Mbps DSL for $45 or Comcast....fuck Comcast. I don't ever get close to using all of my bandwidth.
View Quote
This is what I pay as well.  25mbps seems plenty for me.  I have had cable one internet in the past, it wasn't very good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:14:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How about just get a new modem from your ISP? If you just need a router to create a wifi signal in your home can't go wrong with an Orbi. Absolutely love mine and the main unit + satellite provide great coverage in my home.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top