Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/22/2017 12:55:09 PM EDT
...but you either didn't like them or like me, didn't have any sisters so you were ignorant of the signals girls send, and think to yourself, "Damn, she really dodged the bullet. She was better off without my retarded 16 year-old ass."

Or is it just me?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Teenagers dating is a study in idiots colliding. We all have to learn from our mistakes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
First person not only nailed it, but also won the internet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#3]
When I look back on all the craft I learned in High School.....It's a wonder I can think at all.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Teenagers dating is a study in idiots colliding. We all have to learn from our mistakes.
View Quote
Teenagers are to dating as most Arfcommers are to marriage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
...but you either didn't like them or like me, didn't have any sisters so you were ignorant of the signals girls send, and think to yourself, "Damn, she really dodged the bullet. She was better off without my retarded 16 year-old ass."

Or is it just me?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:02:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I was/am ugly.  No chicks liked me
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When I look back on all the craft I learned in High School.....It's a wonder I can think at all.
View Quote
How's Edie doing, Simon?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or is it just me?

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cdtf.gif
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my sister's friends explained to me one day how bad she wanted to bang me in high school.

In front of her fiance.

At first, I was like, "Damn, sucks I missed out."

And then I was like, "Damn, dodged a real bullet there."

My sister was is a weirdo. So were are her friends.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes. It was rare but I remember it happening 

#growingupugly 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:Or is it just me?
View Quote

It is not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I like when you run across one years later and your only thought is:

"DAMN!  Thank God I dodged THAT bullet!"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#13]
A couple who liked me a little too much, wasn't going to risk that since they were minors.
One girls mother really seemed to like me a bit too much, telling me about dating in Sweden, tall thin Swedish mom, but I thought that I was misreading her at the time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:10:34 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't remember any girls liking me in school
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#15]
i still hook up with some of them
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#16]
There was only one that escaped me. I dated her when she was a sophomore and I was in eighth grade, never amounted to much.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:12:48 PM EDT
[#17]
They've friended me on fb and I thank God somebody else married them. Haven't aged well at all
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I blew it in my high school years , left a bunch of opourtunities on the table
been doing it all my life if the truth be told.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:14:08 PM EDT
[#19]
There were a couple that I was oblivious about but look back at and wish I knew then what I know now.

Unfortunately I haven't learned anything about that and have had situations like that as an adult, as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Or is it just me?
View Quote

I had sisters and the only signals I got from them were that girls thought I was gross and stupid, so I was still ignorant of the signals. Now that I'm married,  yea, I missed A LOT of opportunities.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
The same could be said of many 'adults'
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#23]
High school? Hell. College.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#24]
A lot of the girls that I dated or almost dated in high school are rolling dumpster fires now.

I dodged a lot of bullets, sometimes completely by accident. Sometimes they just missed me while I was trying to throw myself in their path.

When a young man is oblivious to the signals that young women put off it's actually just a highly evolved self preservation mechanism.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:23:09 PM EDT
[#25]
I met a girl in high school and we fell in love and got married and lived happily ever after.

I guess it sucks to be everyone else.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you a teacher?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was oblivious to a lot of signals in high school and I missed out on a lot of pussy because of it. Tragic.
View Quote
Same. Heartbreaking to dwell on.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
It was always the ones that hung out with the troublemakers. You know, the hot ones.

I wasn't a troublemaker, although we got along okay. End of eighth grade a few confessions started coming up. One said she has had a crush on me all year but she never thought she had a chance because I carry myself like my shit don't stink.

Aaaaaand off to a different high school.

Hopefully she turned out to be nothing so when I look her up right now I'm not too upset.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#29]
I wasn't popular at all in High School.  Kind of quiet and had a somewhat steady girlfriend at the time.

Now I run into all the "popular" girls as they are now all older, fatter, and uglier.  I get a good laugh thinking how the tides have changed.

The nerdy girls are all the hot ones now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I wish I would have fucked more of the girls who liked me, but I thought I had morals until I was about 38. Now, I have no morals.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I was a real dumbass 30 years ago in high school on many levels , I dumped a girl I was dating because she lived in another school district and it took me 25 minutes to drive to her house from
mine.

She was younger than I was, which at the time I didn't think was cool, and the only thing she liked doing was trying on boys bathing suit shorts only, and showing me in the dressing room of surf shops.   Then to make matters worse she loved giving BJs under beach houses and told me she was thirsty so she needed to finish.

As I recall I moved on from her a month or two later to keep from having to drive to see her and stay closer to my friends.    She even had the nerve to try and visit me in college when I was a freshman and she was in high school and she was telling her folks she was doing a college visit.   I remember this like yesterday as I was on a pay phone and she told me as soon as she walked in my room I could fuck her right on the floor with the door open.   I told her to visit her girl friends at school instead.

I was pretty much and idiot, still look back and chuckle.    Things happen for a reason but boy my priorities were shit between 16-20 years old.

I have buddies now who would and can spend $100k in jewelry to have a girl act like this.    This will always be on my list of WTF was I thinking in high school.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#33]
There was a redhead a year ahead of me who I foolishly rejected. She ended up in Playboy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:27:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or is it just me?
View Quote

Just you. I regret not smashing all of them. I was too busy being loyal to a GF, which I later found out was cheating throughout our relationship.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#35]
It's more the opposite for me. I look at them and their loser lives and think they really missed out on me.  If they Facebook me I readily assume that they come to the same conclusion and sit quietly as they lament their poor decisions.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Well there was this one.....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:29:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One of my sister's friends explained to me one day how bad she wanted to bang me in high school.

In front of her fiance.

At first, I was like, "Damn, sucks I missed out."

And then I was like, "Damn, dodged a real bullet there."

My sister was is a weirdo. So were are her friends.
View Quote
Yes, but if you could have just banged her and not hung around for the relationship, he being weird wouldn't matter........
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]
The one I was mainly interested in totally rejected me back then.
We'd been in school together K-12 the whole way.
She went to the same church, and that whole "can't be unequally yoked " thing was still important back then.
So there weren't a lot of options.
Our parents still attended services together but I lost track of her for almost 30 years.
Started emailing again when we were both going to be at a school reunion.
All she does to this day is whine in emails to me about the guy she wound up marrying.
Man was he a dick when the other classmates filled him in at the reunion as to my role in her life.....

I dodged the bullet on that one. Not that she is fugly or anything.
Just not the type of woman that interests me after about 18 years old.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I was short and fat in high school. NOBODY liked me!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I like when you run across one years later and your only thought is:

"DAMN!  Thank God I dodged THAT bullet!"
View Quote
In my world that happens more often than not.

Although there is one that has done quite well for herself.  But I'm sure she looks at me and thanks God she dodged that bullet.  lol
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I regret not screwing more of them.  2 in particular were stunning and 1 even slept in my bed

Good thing I passed on that for the girlfriend that dumped me a few weeks later
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#42]
I was dating two chicks in HS.  I did the honorable thing and broke it off with the first one.  Then the other one broke it off with me.  Lesson learned.  

Two birds in the hand are better than no bush. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I was a high school loser never made it with a lady til the boys told me somethin' I missed.  - OP
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#44]
No one liked me. But if they had, they would have been lucky that they didn't chain themselves to this sinking ship.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I just saw one on FB a few days ago.  She turned out GOOD!  Hate that I missed on that one, but she was/is a very sweet person and I would have wrecked it.  I was a bad kid, nothing illegal, just a mean bastard from 16-20.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:36:16 PM EDT
[#46]
I think back on one every day.  Very much a major life fuckup, not a dodged bullet.  We are perfect for each other, and looking back she was clearly down with it but I was fucking retarded and did nothing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Never knew they liked me

If I had a pound sorry dollar for every fucking cute girl  who told me years later that they fancied me and I had my chance because of that one time when they said something really obscure and that was my signal...... but they thought I wasn't interested.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I really wasn't worth marrying until I was in my 50s.  Too many problems prior to that.  Sure I was hard-working and affectionate, but some nice girls dodged a bullet.

When I got my shit together at age 54, I turned into a nice guy.

Cuts both ways. Now some of the girls I dated are leviathans, crazy, liberal, and/or prone to VD.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Fitting avatar.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Looking back I realize how geeky and naïve I was.  Lot's a golden opportunities hitting me upside my head but too blind to see them.

My biggest regret is I spent my high school years chasing one girl that really wanted nothing to do with me.  That's a big reason why I never capitalized on those other opportunities.  Stupid high school kid mentality....got to keep yourself available just in case your crush changes her mind.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top