Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 12:21:04 PM EDT
If you list an item  with multiple quantities is each item purchased given the same item number or different item numbers?  Something went wrong with a purchase and I believe I ended up paying twice for the same item. When looking in the buy history I only seen it as being purchased once. But now I've the receive a tracking number and I'm getting two boxes. So I'll go look at the buy history and now there are two items listed as being purchased.  I don't know why but thle transaction seem different than the last 100 or so times I've purchased items. Ive always used the buy now function it leads me to pay now and I've always done that. For some reason it didn't do that and I think that's how it ended up paying for the same item twice. Or possibly actually purchased the item twice.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:26:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I list an item with multiple items. Same ID number, pretty easy to see what you paid, look at the eBay bill or look at your PayPal if you went through that.

It's not anything with hidden costs.

If you bought 2 it will have 1 Item ID but charged for 2. Depending some sellers charge you twice for shipping when one box would hold both the majority of the time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they have the same item number.

That is why when someone leaves you feedback on a multi-quantity listing you have to go and find their username to leave them return FB.

On single quantity listings the FB button is there for you to simply click on. On a multi-quantity listing it's not.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I list an item with multiple items. Same ID number, pretty easy to see what you paid, look at the eBay bill or look at your PayPal if you went through that.

It's not anything with hidden costs.

If you bought 2 it will have 1 Item ID but charged for 2. Depending some sellers charge you twice for shipping when one box would hold both the majority of the time.
View Quote
Thanks. Two charges on PayPal. Over the weekend the history only showed on purchase, but when I checked today there are two. Not sure what to make of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top