Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/22/2017 10:39:50 AM EDT
Trump is holding a pro-Trump rally in Phoenix but why?  Has anyone alerted him that he won and there is no need to continue campaigning?

I'm just wondering why he is still holding these rallies....I can't think of any another politician who has done this before and I'm a little puzzled by it.

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

But seriously, what's the point of it? I think I would spend my time governing not taking the victory lap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Trump is holding a pro-Trump rally in Phoenix but why?  Has anyone alerted him that he won and there is no need to continue campaigning?

I'm just wondering why he is still holding these rallies....I can't think of any another politician who has done this before and I'm a little puzzled by it.

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

But seriously, what's the point of it? I think I would spend my time governing not taking the victory lap.
View Quote

Border wall support, having his base keep pressure on Washington.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:44:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably so he can back someone other than McCain and get support from voters to have that person win.

4d upside down chess played with your asshole bro
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:44:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

View Quote
The previous guy was called "Campaigner in Chief" for the same thing.  I don't like the whole "it's ok though when it's our guy" thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Im glad you asked cause i had the same question, im newer to politics as im in low 20's but i dont remember any other presidents doing it. But trump is a different breed obviously.

MAGA
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Rally support and show public approval despite the media's best efforts to undermine him.  He knows what he's doing, talking directly to the people.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:45:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

Also, rallies and Twitter are pretty much the only ways to get his message directly to the people. Apparently, most of the MSM didn't even play his speech on the Afghanistan war strategy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#7]
One reason is to remove Jeff Flake from office.

The other reason is to keep people focused and dedicated to draining the swamp.

If you haven't noticed, Congress has turned on Trump in literally 7 months. Rallies will hopefully get rid of the bad apples in congress so his agenda can carried out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Like a modern day Nosferatu, Trump draws his energy from the life force of the rally crowd.

4-D time travel vampire chess & don't you ever forget it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:47:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rally support and show public approval despite the media's best efforts to undermine him.  He knows what he's doing.
View Quote
I came to post this. We are at war with progressives and right now the battlefield is public opinion.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#10]
He's holding these rallies because it's the best way to get his message to the public without the media undermining everything he says or does.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The previous guy was called "Campaigner in Chief" for the same thing.  I don't like the whole "it's ok though when it's our guy" thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

Actually, he was the entertainer in chief. Selfie stick videos, making videos of playing grab ass in the White House, going on all th hip TV shows all the time, and hanging out with Beyoncé and Jayz.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Trumps message is constantly trashed and twisted by the MSM.

This is one way to keep his message intact.

I personally would like to see more speeches like last nights.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:48:57 AM EDT
[#13]
McCain and Flake.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Because otherwise CNN controls the narrative.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#15]
For his ego?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:50:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Obama did these to get support for 0'care.
Trump's been doing them to show RINOs that we want 0'care gone.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He's holding these rallies because it's the best way to get his message to the public without the media undermining everything he says or does.
View Quote
Yep. He get a national stage of his choosing.  They are useful as long as he stays on topic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Pretty sure someone else is holding the rally and asked President Trump if he would stop in and speak...

He certainly isn't being allowed to get his message out via a global hostile media so personal stops are a good way to do that I guess.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
The President is supposed to be the leader of the people.

How can he be the leader of the people if he never goes out and talks to the people?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#20]
So what you want is for him to sit in the white house and trust the media to get his words out to the people who hired him?  Maybe he should be more presidential right. Just like all the other fucking slugs who've held the job.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:58:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rally support and show public approval despite the media's best efforts to undermine him.  He knows what he's doing, talking directly to the people.
View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:58:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'll go with something like this.

Gotta keep the troops motivated.

You know. A CNN shill asked the same thing on TV....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The previous guy was called "Campaigner in Chief" for the same thing. I don't like the whole "it's ok though when it's our guy" thing.
View Quote
Yup. There has been a LOT of that going around (on both sides)
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Also, rallies and Twitter are pretty much the only ways to get his message directly to the people. Apparently, most of the MSM didn't even play his speech on the Afghanistan war strategy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

Guess that makes sense and maybe the MSM is branding them as a Rally to inflame the masses.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
The previous guy had the media in his pocket for his entire tenure.  Trump is hated by EVERYONE if you were to believe the media.  These tours do two things, let him speak to his people without the media twisting his words and show his people that the media is full of shit and he does in fact have support.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#26]
With the media constantly bashing him this is his way of getting his message to the people without the media spin.
I wish he would do a rally every week to set shit straight ,that would put so much pressure on the RINO's and the media their heads might explode. 

Nothing has changed for me in regards to President Trump.  TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP !!!!!!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#27]
He needs to start having rallies in Wisconsin and support whoever wants to primary that fuck Ryan out of office.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup ... obama did the same and was re-elected.

Rally the base.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

View Quote

High lights Flake and McCain...they won't show up. Makes Ward look a lot better than either of them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:05:07 AM EDT
[#30]
They feed his ego

He needs the adulation of the masses.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm surprised this is so confusing for so many people here
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I came to post this. We are at war with progressives and right now the battlefield is public opinion.
View Quote
I agree, but his preferred method (to this point) is bullshit and completely inefficient.  This guy is a media "mogul", supposedly. Where the flock is the White House media network? Where is the White House podcast? Where is the "thing" that will crush Twitter (and hopefully provide a platform that can actually have educated, well-spoken people tweek his thoughts before they go mainstream)??  Still strongly in his corner, but this amateur hour hortseshit has got to stop. Don't you even neo-media, bro-Trump??!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

the other guy got sanitized coverage in the MSM, our guy gets deliberately damaging coverage. There is a difference.

I don't like it, but it is the only option available to him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:09:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Years ago, Regan started the Sat. Noon Presser. Because the Media was not telling what he said, and what he had accomplished. So he went around them. And like Trump using Twitter, he was hated by the Media for it.

The same with Trump......

"How DARE, him go around us...... We'll Show him......"
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
They feed his ego

View Quote
You think he'll be met with adulation? You're that dumb?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#37]
I would imagine that he may want to get elected again.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

Obama had the dems and republicans in congress to do whatever the fuck he wanted at the drop of a hat and the media to spread his "message" however and whenever. Trump doesn't have that,  or the media he has to go straight to the people so they can put whatever pressure they can on their elected officials for any hope of getting anything done.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:20:37 AM EDT
[#39]
Why does any elected official panders to his base?....Because promising change is lot easier then actually delivering change.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#40]
his approval rating is around 36%... he needs to keep campaigning
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
the other guy got sanitized coverage in the MSM, our guy gets deliberately damaging coverage. There is a difference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Barry also had ZERO executive experience, all he knew how to do was campaign. As previously mentioned, he was also getting ridiculously powder puff media coverage.

Trump knows how to get shit done but is getting the polar opposite treatment by the media.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Our DU trolls have rolled out of bed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Why does any elected official panders to his base?....Because promising change is lot easier then actually delivering change.
View Quote
oh there you are, I wonder how long until your other CTR buds show up. Kind of hard to deliver any change when you have a congress unwilling to do ANYTHING. Perhaps you should revisit 2nd grade social studies and figure out who writes and passes laws.... hint it ISN'T the POTUS. There is only so much one can do via EO or EA.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:25:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The President is supposed to be the leader of the people.

How can he be the leader of the people if he never goes out and talks to the people?
View Quote
Bullshit.

He is the CEO of the Executive branch of our national-level government, nothing more.  Real Americans do not need leaders in public office.  If you think he is the "leader of the people" or should be, then you are the problem.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#45]
Cuz the media won't tell the truth 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Im glad you asked cause i had the same question, im newer to politics as im in low 20's but i dont remember any other presidents doing it. But trump is a different breed obviously.

MAGA
View Quote
MAGA Indeed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I know:
Sorry your gal lost
Dickfer
4D chess

View Quote

You don't like the idea of the POTUS talking directly to the people?  Don't worry, you can still watch the MSM if you need someone to tell you what to think afterwards.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#48]
I remember Obama catching all kinds of hate in GD for doing the exact same thing.

I think Trump does rallies because it energizes him. DC is a pretty hostile place on a good day, so getting in front of a cheering crowd of supporters probably feels pretty good after that. After he gets reaffirmed by his supporters, he returns to DC ready to do work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
They feed his ego

View Quote
this

campaigning/rallying is much more psychologically rewarding than governing
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Probably so he can back someone other than McCain and get support from voters to have that person win.

4d upside down chess played with your asshole bro
Both of these would be my best guesses.  I'd be very surprised if he doesn't go full trunk monkey on the RINO brigade during primaries.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top