Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2017 11:37:25 PM EDT
Husband & I's anniversary is coming up this fall, followed by Christmas few short months later.

I need the best thing you've ever gotten (practical or not) in the under $300 range.

I basically need a running list so I don't bomb it like I did this Christmas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
1000 rounds of 5.56 is under 300 shipped, these days
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I get to experience this crazy trip called life.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ephesians 2:8-9King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Eternal life through Jesus Christ
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife gave me a picture frame with pictures of my dad as a boy, me when I was a boy and our son. My dad had passed away a few years before our son was born but the resemblance between our three photos is uncanny.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Do something with him that he knows you really don't like to do.Like hiking,camping,fishing,going to a sporting event etc. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife gave me a Smith & Wesson 10 shot, 4" 617 for my birthday the year after they came out.
The coolest, most unexpected gift ever.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife gave me a picture frame with pictures of my dad as a boy, me when I was a boy and our son. My dad had passed away a few years before our son was born but the resemblance between our three photos is uncanny.
View Quote
That's super sweet. Sometimes it's the simple things.

I will keep this in mind.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:50:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do something with him that he knows you really don't like to do.Like hiking,camping,fishing,going to a sporting event etc. 
View Quote
I happily do those things with him, but it's harder these days with toddler. Maybe I can arrange a babysitter & get surprise camping night with the 2 of us.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:51:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

View Quote
We're Catholic. So we've been saved. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:51:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My wife gave me a Smith & Wesson 10 shot, 4" 617 for my birthday the year after they came out.
The coolest, most unexpected gift ever.
View Quote
I think you have the coolest wife! I'll hope to live up to her.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:03:27 AM EDT
[#11]
20 laps in a NASCAR at KY Speedway.

Hands down the most fun you can have with yer clothes on.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Ruger MKII from my dad.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#13]
I was given my grandfathers flag. A gift rememberance of him and a reminder of my biggest regret of my life of not visiting him before he passed. A two edged sword.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:12:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Take him skydiving.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:39 AM EDT
[#15]
It ain't about the gift, it's the sentiment behind it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#16]
If you can stretch the budget a little bit, Tecovas boots.

https://www.tecovas.com/collections/mens-collection

I'm dying for a pair of brown full quill ostrich.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:15:48 AM EDT
[#17]
the race car thing is cool or some move and shoot training is pretty much testosterone
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:16:12 AM EDT
[#18]
A million dollars.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#19]
I was five. I remember the house, I recently found it on a trip to Kentucky 35 years later. It was Christmas and I got a bunch of cool stuff. After all the presents were opened I was told there was one more thing in the kitchen. IT WAS A MOTHERFUCKIN BIG WHEEL! Fucking loved that thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:20:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Years ago, my Grandpa (who taught me how to shoot), gave me a Federal 550 round 22 brick with a $20 wrapped around it.

Best gift ever. 

Sure wish Grandpa was still around so we could go shooting.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:33:43 AM EDT
[#21]
It was Christmas of 2011. Well, about two weeks before? My boss, co-worker and I went out one afternoon to a couple of gun stores. The Ruger 10/22 takedown just came out and I really wanted it. Called my wife at the time and asked permission (yes permission). She said no. went back to work and then left and got home around 6:30. She had a weird look on her face and told me to go look behind the tree and that santa came early. Found a white box with no markings on it. Opened it up and there was the ruger black bag.

Truly the best surprise ever. I love that rifle but love that fact that she got it for me. We're divorced but great friends. Every Christmas since, we talk about that and how cool it was for both of us.

I've sold a few guns here and there but will never sell that one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I think my favorite gift was a Spartan by Remington over-under 12 guage for my 8th grade graduation. Cheap shotgun, but any gun from your dad means a lot. It's not worth a dime, but I'd still never sell it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
My 3 children..and 2 grand children
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:45:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Another day above ground.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:46:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Knowing my mother for the 33 years I was alive before she died in Feb.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:51:13 AM EDT
[#26]
2017 Tacoma 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:51:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:52:17 AM EDT
[#28]
One day, can be close to the holiday or not. Doesn't matter. Go into the kitchen and make him a sandwich. I mean a real sandwich, don't just slap some meat in between 2 slices of bread, I mean a real fucking sandwich.

Put it on a plate with some potato chips, get an ice cold beer out of the fridge, take both into the living room and set it in front of him while he is watching TV.

Do not say a word. Put it down, walk away.

At this point, leave the house. Go do something for a few hours. Shop, visit your mom, it doesn't matter.

Leave him sitting there in stunned silence.

He will remember that for the rest of his life, and that day will become legend to his friends.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:01:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Best thing I was ever given!

Besides that, my wife (girl friend at the time) gave me a valentine one radar for my birthday (I can afford one but could never justify spending that much on a radar).

My brother gave me an FN TACTICAL with osprey suppressor as a wedding gift. So I'll never part with that.

Bought myself a breitling watch as a "wedding" gift to myself.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:04:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One day, can be close to the holiday or not. Doesn't matter. Go into the kitchen and make him a sandwich. I mean a real sandwich, don't just slap some meat in between 2 slices of bread, I mean a real fucking sandwich.

Put it on a plate with some potato chips, get an ice cold beer out of the fridge, take both into the living room and set it in front of him while he is watching TV.

At this point, leave the house. Go do something for a few hours. Shop, visit your mom, it doesn't matter.

He will remember that for the rest of his life, and that day will become legend to his friends.
View Quote
Really?

Best present I get is when my wife hangs out with me. F being a legend with my friends. I like my wife.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

These 3 people are the greatest gifts I have
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Eternal life through Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Definitely the best gift ever was grace and forgiveness from my Lord Jesus, and very close 2nds are being born, and also my wife.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:22:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Neil M. Gorsuch appointed to the supreme court

in all seriousness its mostly the thought that counts

Food?  something he misses from his hometown/area
sports?  something from his favorite team/tickets to a rivalry game
time piece? if he wears a watch a nice one can be a great gift
job related? depending on career a nice set of boots, bag, pens etc........
Drink?  an expensive bottle of his favorite drink

get a pad of paper and start writing down everything he likes or talks about or does for enjoyment then start breaking down ideas of gifts related to each category.  let that sit for a day or two and then try and pick something that you think will work
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Really?

Best present I get is when my wife hangs out with me. F being a legend with my friends. I like my wife.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?

And sometimes a sandwich and silence goes a long way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:42:35 AM EDT
[#36]
I got a Sig P220 .45 when I turned old.  A gun with family history.  Birfdayz gift!11!1.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:28:27 AM EDT
[#37]
This is just an idea that may or may not go over.

Back in the day when I'd bought my third dinosaur, personal computer printers were coming out that were within the reach of regular folks. And Word Perfect ruled the roost.
Someone came out with the idea of a 'gift coupon book.' You can use your imagination with this! Make it for anything you think he'll enjoy: a back massage, wash his car, a night out, a weekend of wild monkey sex... whatever you can imagine!
It'll be an unforgettable gift!
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:36:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Amen!

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:36:45 AM EDT
[#39]
My most memorable gift was when a girlfriend broke into my house and ironed every shirt in my closet.  It must have taken her hours... She even left funny notes in my shirt pockets. It was a perfect gift.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#41]
A sweater and a piece of ass. Both were a couple sizes too big.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:00:46 AM EDT
[#42]
best gift I was given was my dog Jeeves. there is no better gift than a new best friend
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:12:28 AM EDT
[#43]
My little brother gifted me a Surefire G2 flashlight, back when 120 lumens was THE SHIT.

Modern day equivalent:http://www.opticsplanet.com/surefire-g2x-pro-flashlight-dual-output-led-320-lumens.html
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:55:00 AM EDT
[#44]
A $1 back scratcher my son gave before deploying to Iraq in 2004.
I still carry it to this day everywhere I go.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:58:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Baby white truck. 16th birthday present. 13 years of faithful service.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:04:03 AM EDT
[#46]
He likes knives? Get him a Busse Dog Soldier. Its 250 bucks so well within your budget, its a kickass knife and holds value very well over time.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:57:36 AM EDT
[#47]
For our 25th he got me a Corvette Convertible..

I had Boudoir pictures done.. and 2 of the best I had put on canvas.
This is was very far out of my realm of comfyness.. but he loved them.. cried and was super happy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:22:26 AM EDT
[#48]
A pencil.

The girl I was dating at the time remembered that St. Patrick's Day was an important holiday at my college. She wanted to get me something green, but the only thing she could find in her college bookstore was a green wooden pencil with her college's logo,

It meant a lot to me that she remembered. Thirty plus years later I still have that pencil.

Damn shame she turned out to be a cheating slut.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Wife gave me an Omega watch.

Oh and two wonderful children.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#50]
What are his interest besides shooting?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top