Yuck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a mustang who cares.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
If you can't make your link hot, don't bother starting a thread.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#6]

I drive a hybrid
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:15 PM EDT
[#7]
It says a hybrid VERSION of the Mustang. Doesn't say they're doing away with V8s
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
People that have been here for a decade and too damn stupid to use even the most basic functions...

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73153
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:43:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:43:31 PM EDT
[#10]
V8 death has been a long time coming, ridiculous CAFE standards and improvements in technology mean 4-cylinders are making more than most V8s did in the '80s.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I rode in a electric 240z one time and I will never bash elector cars again. It accelerated like a catapult.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:45:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol

I guess Camaro won that war...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#14]
While it might end up as a cool car, they shouldn't call it a Mustang. That's heresy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
ITT: troglodytes cry about progress. 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:48:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
V8 death has been a long time coming, ridiculous CAFE standards and improvements in technology mean 4-cylinders are making more than most V8s did in the '80s.
View Quote
The general public seems to be okay with regressing back to 80's power levels as long as it is done in a technologically advanced manner.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
OP's link is hot for me. You must have membership privilege.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Good bye V8
View Quote
The future of cars and motorcycles is all-electric power. To help senior citizens enjoy their ride, they develop sound recordings to mirror the sound of engines at certain RPMs so it sounds like you are going fast. Then, they pump the sound through speakers outside the car. Can you imagine blowing a speaker or a speaker wire going loose while flooring it. Awkward.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Strip club employee parking lots have electrical outlets?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:52:38 PM EDT
[#21]
And, Ford experimented with deleting the V8 from the Mustang in the 80s.

They learned that was stupid. I guarantee the next 10 years of Mustangs will have a NA V8 option.

Americans want V8s, if only for the sound these days.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:55:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It says a hybrid VERSION of the Mustang. Doesn't say they're doing away with V8s
View Quote
Don't rain on the tard parade
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:06:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
People that have been here for a decade and too damn stupid to use even the most basic functions...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's hot for me IDK
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I rode in a electric 240z one time and I will never bash elector cars again. It accelerated like a catapult.
View Quote
That's no joke. I've driven an electric go-cart that impressed the hell out of me. That slab of torque from a dead stop is nice.

There are some interesting angles Ford could take with this. If this Hybridized Mustang is going to be the sort that uses only an electric motor for propulsion and a gasoline engine for generating electricity, it could haul some serious ass.

My biggest concern would be weight. The Mustang is already People of Walmart level fat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:16:14 AM EDT
[#25]
The death of the V10 happened this month. The death of the V8 will happen shortly as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
And, Ford experimented with deleting the V8 from the Mustang in the 80s.

They learned that was stupid. I guarantee the next 10 years of Mustangs will have a NA V8 option.

View Quote
I wonder what folks would say if they knew how close the Mustang came to being a Japanese FWD with a V6 (see: Ford Probe).
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:28:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I think it would be very interesting if they put out a contender to Tesla in a Mustang body.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The future of cars and motorcycles is all-electric power. To help senior citizens enjoy their ride, they develop sound recordings to mirror the sound of engines at certain RPMs so it sounds like you are going fast. Then, they pump the sound through speakers outside the car. Can you imagine blowing a speaker or a speaker wire going loose while flooring it. Awkward.

https://68.media.tumblr.com/90700b5c23d0ca9b1ae9c4e94461a199/tumblr_o9z5l55Xb21u9rycso1_250.gif
View Quote
She has some equine chompers.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#29]
I would like to see if they could do a hyper car inspired performance hybrid.

Something that could give some ecconomy if you want it or some retard performance if you wanted.

I know I would never drive it in ecconomy/pussy mode.

Also screw mustang6g.  Hope their special snowflake "the 2018 is a pretty car" mods choke on a used tampon.   Have an opinion that the 2018 is not a good looking car and they will loco or ban you for it(based off of 3 posts of mine in 6 months to include hoping Roush redesigns/fixes the front end).
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Hybrid performance cars are going to become a norm, people here are going to have to accept it sooner or later. The hybrid system compliments a petrol based engine, in that it can handle the low end and the petrol can do what it does best in the higher RPMs.

Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren all went down this avenue and all saw rather healthy performance increases.

If Ford does this for the potential performance gains, they will come out on top and have a leg above Chevy again.

If Ford does this for the sake of "MPGs" then yes, this will be horrid.

V8 isn't dead yet and this isn't slated to replace the V8 (At least it isn't yet).

Personally, I'll stick to my petrol based with a manual transmission. Don't care if it will ultimately be slower, it's more fun.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:59:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Very cool.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny you say that...

My 2015 GT Perf Pack is so quiet that you wouodnt know it had a V8...

They use a stupid sound tube off the intake to pipe artificial noise into the cabin.

Hence why I will eventually be tossing an aftermarket catback resonator delete and exhaust while pulling that i take tube bullshit off.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:00:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hybrid performance cars are going to become a norm, people here are going to have to accept it sooner or later. The hybrid system compliments a petrol based engine, in that it can handle the low end and the petrol can do what it does best in the higher RPMs.

Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren all went down this avenue and all saw rather healthy performance increases.

If Ford does this for the potential performance gains, they will come out on top and have a leg above Chevy again.

V8 isn't dead yet and this isn't slated to replace the V8 (At least it isn't yet).

Personally, I'll stick to my petrol based with a manual transmission. Don't care if it will ultimately be slower, it's more fun.
View Quote
I'm kinda curious why the latest Ford GT isn't a hybrid performance car.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That actually is a bit curious but it might be with their goals of weight savings and to show off what the Ecoboost V6 can do.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:12:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Now it will be a silent and deadly landshark driving into crowds without a sound.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:21:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Now it will be a silent and deadly landshark driving into crowds without a sound.
View Quote
Lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a dolls eyes.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it was designed to win the GTE class at Le Mans.  All other considerations were secondary.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:35:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The general public seems to be okay with regressing back to 80's power levels as long as it is done in a technologically advanced manner.
View Quote
People buy Priuses, Camrys (Camries? Camrii?) and Corollas.. Not everyone is interested in performance any greater than what is necessary to enter the freeway at 10 under the speed limit. Self-driving cars are just around the corner. To most people the daily commute is a necessary evil, not something enjoyable. Hell I'll admit if I could get a self-driver for my daily commute (~20mins each way) I'd do it most days. The other days, I want stick shift, manual steering, no-ABS/TCS/STM, and loud noises when I mash the right pedal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:36:55 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I laughed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The death of the V10 happened this month. The death of the V8 will happen shortly as well.
View Quote
Fuck..dont tell Audi or Lamborghini 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:57:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That actually is a bit curious but it might be with their goals of weight savings and to show off what the Ecoboost V6 can do.
View Quote
Homologation to race Lemans with the intent of winning is probably why.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:15:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because the GT was not designed as a road car.  It was designed as a race car that required they sell a few.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:16:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Funny you say that...

They use a stupid sound tube off the intake to pipe artificial noise into the cabin.

Hence why I will eventually be tossing an aftermarket catback resonator delete and exhaust while pulling that i take tube bullshit off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny you say that...

Just wait until you hear it with long tubes and a dumped X-pipe
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:16:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good bye V8
View Quote
So.. 4000lb mustang
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I work with a guy that has the non V8 Camaro, whatever that is these days. It looks good, but sounds ridiculous. An electric "muscle" car is equally ridiculous, I don't care how fast it is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:45:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I work with a guy that has the non V8 Camaro, whatever that is these days. It looks good, but sounds ridiculous. An electric "muscle" car is equally ridiculous, I don't care how fast it is.
View Quote
The Camaro is available as a turbo I4 and as a naturally aspirated V6.

The current generation V6 sounds pretty damn good, actually.

I Told You The 2016 Camaro V6 Exhaust Note Sounded Good
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:48:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Just wait until you hear it with long tubes and a dumped X-pipe
View Quote
Have heard plenty of coyotes with long tubes and 3in xpipe-magnaflows.

Loud as hell.

My 2005 is bad enough with an offroad pipe and borlas on a cold morning.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:31:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So.. 4000lb mustang
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good bye V8
So.. 4000lb mustang
Still like 400lbs lighter than a Challenger
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:35:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:56:49 AM EDT
[#50]
The lineup will be Ecoboost, V8, and Hybrid.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top