Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 10:51:20 PM EDT
So now that the eclipse has passed us...how long until the first lawsuit from someone claiming vision issues from lowest bid glasses they bought from Amazon, Walmart, grocery store, etc...I give it until Friday until they start pouring out.  Lawyers are smart and know if they wait until Friday it will give them a few extra hours in the news cycle....but don't under estimate the lawyer that wants to be first, and that might happen tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Which court has jurisdiction over legal action against celestial bodies?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#3]
There was a lawyer commercial during the news coverage of it today and I fully expected it to be regarding the fake glasses a lot of people got.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Still can't fix stupid.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Probably sooner:

http://www.nj.com/ocean/index.ssf/2017/08/dont_use_the_solar_eclipse_glasses_we_sold_you_jen.html

Buying eclipse glasses from a boardwalk vendor...what could go wrong.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Amazon was refunding some peoples glasses that were purchased, im guessing to avoid liability.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:21:48 PM EDT
[#7]
My left eye is red and all fucked up. Because I got gas in it, cus I was working on an engine like a fucking man today.

Had on safety glasses, took gas to the dome and it ran behind my glasses into my eyes.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So now that the eclipse has passed us...how long until the first lawsuit from someone claiming vision issues from lowest bid glasses they bought from Amazon, Walmart, grocery store, etc...I give it until Friday until they start pouring out.  Lawyers are smart and know if they wait until Friday it will give them a few extra hours in the news cycle....but don't under estimate the lawyer that wants to be first, and that might happen tomorrow.  
View Quote
Cardboard and mylar Eclipse glasses didn't work? 
Give those folks their dollar back.
Case closed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top