Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2017 8:56:45 PM EDT
They demo'd today, new tile going in tomorrow.  Anything in particular I need to look for or double-check to make sure the job is done right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Floors, counters, or backsplash?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Concrete slab or wood?

If its wood they better put in a backerboard or a membrane.  

Hope u went for acrylic or epoxy grout.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Floors, counters, or backsplash?
View Quote
Sorry.  Floors...concrete.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure they don't trap your dishwasher.  Ideally, the tile should extend under it.

Make sure there is expansion room along the perimeter of the room and that the tile isn't slammed right up hard against the walls.

Epoxy grout FTW.

Some people say you don't need a backer on concrete, but if it ever cracks, it's coming right through to the tile.  If you've had any cracks in the floor anywhere, I'd put one down.  I prefer Schluter Ditra.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Schluter Ditra over the concrete for sure. Ditra is not a backer, it's an uncoupling membrane. Durock is a backer.

I've installed epoxy grout and it sucks to install. I haven't heard prices lately, but it used to be spendy.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Attachment Attached File
Quoted:

Make sure they don't trap your dishwasher.  Ideally, the tile should extend under it.

Make sure there is expansion room along the perimeter of the room and that the tile isn't slammed right up hard against the walls.

Epoxy grout FTW.

Some people say you don't need a backer on concrete, but if it ever cracks, it's coming right through to the tile.  If you've had any cracks in the floor anywhere, I'd put one down.  I prefer Schluter Ditra.
View Quote
LOL.  I'm still trying to decide whether to just trap the new one in there or tile underneath with a new counter. 
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Red guard any cracks and make sure they have the correct thin set.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top