Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/21/2017 3:13:07 PM EDT
Was pulled over on a side street after leaving a store. License, reg and ins were all at home in my wallet. I gave him my name, dob and lic#. He never gave me a reason for the traffic stop. He came back and told me I was free to go and have a nice day. No ticket, no warning.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
White male privilege.
Move along
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's harder for me to comprehend leaving home without your wallet than a no issue traffic stop.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
coolstarrybra.jpg
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Was pulled over on a side street after leaving a store. License, reg and ins were all at home in my wallet. I gave him my name, dob and lic#. He never gave me a reason for the traffic stop. He came back and told me I was free to go and have a nice day. No ticket, no warning.
View Quote
He never gave a reason?  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Idontbeleiveyou.jpg
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:21:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I've always wished I lived somewhere that my license number was an easy to remember sequence... I've always been places where it is a random number.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did he touch your trunk lid?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

He pulled you over, never gave you a reason for the stop and you willingly told him your whole life story?  Do you enjoy giving up your freedom for what you consider a "reasonable detainment"?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's harder for me to comprehend leaving home without your wallet than a no issue traffic stop.
View Quote
If its hot and I'm not working I'm usually in a swim suit. I'll grab phone and keys to run to the store, occasionally I forget the wallet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Your lucky. With DJT as POTUS and all.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#12]
When he ran your license, he saw that you have a CWP and let you go.  It's been my experience that handing the Officer/Deputy your CWP makes traffic stops very brief.  

Quoted:
I've always wished I lived somewhere that my license number was an easy to remember sequence... I've always been places where it is a random number.
View Quote
I still remember my DL# from when I turned 16 in Atlanta a long, long time ago (it was completely random).  I've had my FL DL for 14 years and I'm not sure I can tell you even one digit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:29:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you ask for a reason for the stop?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:34:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He never gave a reason?  
View Quote
Nope, after saying the few words he did he spun around back to his car and left.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nope, after saying the few words he did he spun around back to his car and left.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He never gave a reason?  
Ok. How do you know he was legit?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:40:40 PM EDT
[#16]
He put a tracker on your car...you're a marked man. If you see a car at night without its lights on DO NOT FLASH YOUR HEADLIGHTS.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wallet is one thing but keeping your insurance card or registration in your wallet? This don't make no sense...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:54:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If its hot and I'm not working I'm usually in a swim suit. I'll grab phone and keys to run to the store, occasionally I forget the wallet.
View Quote
So what were you going to buy at the store with no wallet and only a phone and keys?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 3:56:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So what were you going to buy at the store with no wallet and only a phone and keys?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BUSTED!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:00:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Ok. How do you know he was legit?
View Quote
He was in full uniform in a fully marked car. If I made him follow me all the way to the police station I guarantee I wouldn't be sitting at home right now.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:00:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah this story doesn't add up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#22]
But did you ask him if you were being  detained?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Wallet is one thing but keeping your insurance card or registration in your wallet? This don'tf make no sense...
View Quote
I'm paranoid they will get my address if someone steals my car.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:03:12 PM EDT
[#24]
He thought you were sexy, then decided you weren't.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wallet is one thing but keeping your insurance card or registration in your wallet? This don't make no sense...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I did until they started letting people do it on their phone. I'm the only person that drives my vehicles.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I keep cash in the car. Do all engineers ask questions of this type ?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:06:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Not being a shit bird will typically get you far in these situations.

I've been stopped for no taglight and out of state registration lapsed.

I was just told to get it fixed before I get stopped again.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
When I got my first license in Oklahoma, they used your social security number as your DL#....easy to remember, bad once identity theft became a thing.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He never gave a reason?  
Did you think to ask?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#30]
There is something odd about you guys that get off on getting stopped and questioned by the police, almost like you feel validated by being let off with no ticket.

Isn't there a syndrome about that or sumthin?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope. Now I'm going to ask you how many weed deals happen in the store parking lot.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There is something odd about you guys that get off on getting stopped and questioned by the police, almost like you feel validated by being let off with no ticket.

Isn't there a syndrome about that or sumthin?
View Quote
My guess is that he went to a store known to the local PD to be a drug buy spot and looked shifty enough for the officer to get a traffic stop and make contact. Officer decided he wasn't making a buy or selling, or at least didn't have anything in plain view that would give him PC for a search so he let him go.

Other than speeding enforcement most traffic stops are not solely for minor traffic law enforcement.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Had a weird "run in" with a cop the other day.

Test driving one of my trucks, it hasn't been on the road for almost 2 years. It won't pass smog so the tags are over 2 years out. Fees are paid, truck is insured and I have a "day pass" from the DMV (that is oddly not dated). It isn't something you put on the outside of your car though.

Driving down a main road, cop rolls up behind me, figured for sure I was getting stopped.
He changes lanes, pulls up next to me, looks me over and drives off. Almost like he realized I wasn't the droids he was looking for or something.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#34]
You probably matched a BOLO
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:17:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:20:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:22:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I still remember my California DL........which I haven't had for over 12 years.    No idea what my AZ DL is...........but then again, I know a guy who knows a guy.......
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That's a little odd. You were pulled over and a cop just came up and said "Let's see some ID citizen?"
View Quote
Needs more "I WILL NOT COMPLY!"  "AM I BEING DETAINED?!"  And the ever popular "I know my rights". (Said with a certain smugness and very obvious disdain for the Officer)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My guess is that he went to a store known to the local PD to be a drug buy spot and looked shifty enough for the officer to get a traffic stop and make contact. Officer decided he wasn't making a buy or selling, or at least didn't have anything in plain view that would give him PC for a search so he let him go.

Other than speeding enforcement most traffic stops are not solely for minor traffic law enforcement.
View Quote
My guess is they had a bolo out on someone who drives a similar car.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:39:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That's a little odd. You were pulled over and a cop just came up and said "Let's see some ID citizen?"
View Quote
What's really odd is the fact that this is not an Aimless thread.

Read the title and didn't even fathom that it couldn't NOT be from Aimless.

I'm going back to bed.  This Universe isn't adding up for me any longer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You probably matched a BOLO
View Quote
That's my thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#42]
I have seen that happen before.

The cop was looking for someone specific and you had something or another that was similar. He took one look at you close up and knew then and there you were not who he was looking for and simply let you slide.

My best guess, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:40:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes.

Edit- Made me feel bad as I usually give them good reason to pull me over
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You were in a store with not wallet?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I keep photos of my IDs on my phone. I figure if I switch purses and forget my wallet, I'll always have my phone.

Better than nothing.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
You don't have your license number memorized? It's not that hard
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
They do when stories are poorly told, don't make sense, and are hard to understand.

Carry on.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:48:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You were in a store with not wallet?
View Quote
Answered above. Yes with not wallet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did you ask for a reason for the stop?
View Quote
He was lonely.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They do when stories are poorly told, don't make sense, and are hard to understand.

Carry on.
View Quote
If that was hard to understand life must have been a mother fucker, with all do respect.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top