Page / 3
Posted: 8/21/2017 8:08:58 AM EDT
Sad
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't mess with Texas!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#2]
If Dallas is the asshole of Texas, Austin is surely the pussy.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#3]
But  but but.....texas will never go blue!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought Houston was the asshole.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Austin is the most liberal and Democrat area in the state of Texas!

It is as close to California you can get but without the stupid AR builds.

Most of us don't count it as a city in Texas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The taint.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, in Austin they wouldn't be able to decide if they're a pussy or a dick.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:25:02 AM EDT
[#8]
This has been going in since last year. They removed a Jeff Davis statute. I'm really curious as to when they are going to latch on to the  Confederate Soldiers monument at the Capitol.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:27:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Excuses....Texans always make them when your state does something silly.

Texas allowed those statues to be taken down..not just Austin.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:28:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This has been going in since last year. They removed a Jeff Davis statute. I'm really curious as to when they are going to latch on to the  Confederate Soldiers monument at the Capitol.
View Quote
Why stop there? Stephen Austin, William Travis, and Sam Houston were also obvious racist...you know because they were white.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Just like you're responsible for everything that happens in Detroit?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Still on campus and on display.

Not on the main mall where folks headed to their sociology and gender studies courses will be triggered.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Like what?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Are they going to erect a statue of the black SJW student who murdered a freshman because he was a white male?

Probably not.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:40:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Like what?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like what?
Oh, I don't know - you pick something. Crime rate, urban decay, graft and public corruption - take your pick. You're from that state, so it's all on you, right?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Houston is the armpit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:42:30 AM EDT
[#17]
They should replace those statues to more accurately reflect the UT Austin value spectrum.

I'm thinking one of 2 dudes buttfucking, another of a homeless guy begging for beer money, one of a chick with armpit hair / doc martens, and the last one of a hipster in Jesus sandals eating a cock shaped granola bar
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#18]
COWARDS afraid of violent thugs
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:43:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are they going to erect a statue of the black SJW student who murdered a freshman because he was a white male?

Probably not.
View Quote
don't be surprised if they do, its fucking austin
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:44:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The taint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The taint.
Indeed
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:46:50 AM EDT
[#21]
The replacement

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why stop there? Stephen Austin, William Travis, and Sam Houston were also obvious racist...you know because they were white.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does that mean we will need to rename Travis county
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Probably not.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
lol

Using the epicenter of the left in Texas as a bellweather to say it is going blue is quite an absurd statement. Texas was blue not all that long ago.

Also, no beans in chili
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Since they did this last night I guess everyone should get up this morning and feel so much better.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#26]
lol 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Blue Tejas
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Oh, I don't know - you pick something. Crime rate, urban decay, graft and public corruption - take your pick. You're from that state, so it's all on you, right?
View Quote
You are making a horrible argument for what I posted earlier.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#31]
50 yo black dude called into the Todd and Don show (klbj Am - great show FWIW) this morning because the DJs were discussing this, and the caller said he himself must be a racist guy because he voted for Trump, and did not care one bit about these statues or any of the others.  In his opinion, they were part of the history of our country, and had zero impact on him.  He thought all of this stuff was just being brought up now to damage Trump.  He and the hosts went on to discuss what would be next - are they going to change the name of Travis county?  What about Austin itself?  It will never end....

Guys like the caller remind me this is less about black vs white, and more about ideas and culture - despite what the MSM and libs would have the masses believe.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
50 yo black dude called into the Todd and Don show (klbj Am - great show FWIW) this morning because the DJs were discussing this, and the caller said he himself must be a racist guy because he voted for Trump, and did not care one bit about these statues or any of the others.  In his opinion, they were part of the history of our country, and had zero impact on him.  He thought all of this stuff was just being brought up now to damage Trump.  He and the hosts went on to discuss what would be next - are they going to change the name of Travis county?  What about Austin itself?  It will never end....

UT (Greg Fenves) made the decision to remove the statues during the night (literally) to prevent protests.  Fenves, in my opinion, is a very weak leader.
View Quote

Fenves is a fucking cowardly piece of shit who deliberately cultivated a climate of hatred on campus that ended in the murder of a student.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Fenves is a fucking cowardly piece of shit who deliberately cultivated a climate of hatred on campus that ended in the murder of a student.
View Quote
Yes, UT has had a dearth of leadership for some time.  I honestly don't understand why either, and I held out a lot of hope when Adm McRaven was hired as system chancellor.  

It's not like UT lacks big money donors who themselves are very conservative.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#34]
First, the communists came for the NOTSIES and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a NOTSIE,
then, the Confederacy,
then the alt-right
then the Texas revolutionaries,
then all Southerners,
then the racist northerners,
then all whites,
And finally, there were no literate people left to read this little bit of prose.

Do you understand yet, white man? You have been slated for destruction by the ""globalists.""
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:33:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Sad, but predictable. Fenves didn't want any negative press or protests to distract students when school just started.

As a UT grad, I love the school and miss my days there. Things there were always liberal, but have gone batshit crazy the past few years.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit. I was never asked. There was never a poll or survey. They did it themselves, the rest of us Texans had no say so in the matter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:37:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.
Austin has traditionally been surrounded by very conservative burbs like Cedar Park, Leander, Kyle, Round Rock and Georgetown, but even those areas are starting to change; albeit slowly.  As more and more people move to central Tx to work in the tech industry, the burbs are pulling in a ton of out-of-state folks because they can pay cash for homes which are 2-4x the size of the property they left in CA.

But that old maxim about Austin being so many square miles surrounded by reality is starting to change.  The politics within the city limits of Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio are really starting to shift as well - mostly due to changes in demographics.  Texas took in a ton of folks from NO after Katrina, and many have never left.  Then there's that small issue of (illegal)  immigration from central and south America...

ETA - To y'all that like to snicker about Texas and poke fun at stuff like that, remember that if TX were to go blue, it would be the death knell of conservative national politics for the foreseeable future.  We are, after all, part of a union.

Also, just to point out, Texas used to vote (D) for decades, but those were different times, and it was for different reasons.  The (D) planks changed a long time ago, and the older farmers who supported the democrat party switched parties decades ago.  If TX were to start voting (D) in national politics again, it would be very bad news.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yup confused they are in Austin. The city where the people can't decide which bathroom they should use.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
And they killed a lot of poor and defenseless undocumented immigrants.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#42]
My alma mater went retarded.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
If this is true, then Waco, being right between them, is the crotch of Texas.  That seems appropriate actually.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#44]
What about the big Sam Houston statue on 45 headed into Huntsville? He's big and painted white. That's got to trigger somebody.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:02:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
So if I move then, I'll feel right at home
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
Austin is bluer than some places in Kali or NYC
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Email sent out from Greg Fenves:

512-471-1232 (Phone)
512-471-8102 (Fax)
[email protected]

Dear Longhorns,

Last week, the horrific displays of hatred at the University of Virginia and in Charlottesville shocked and saddened the nation. These events make it clear, now more than ever, that Confederate monuments have become symbols of modern white supremacy and neo-Nazism.

After the Charleston, South Carolina, church shooting in June 2015, and with the urging of students, I formed a task force of faculty, students, alumni and university leaders to evaluate six statues on UT's Main Mall that included depictions of four military and political leaders of the Confederacy. The task force presented five options, ranging from the installation of contextual materials to the removal of some or all of the statues. At that time, I decided to move the statues of Jefferson Davis and, for symmetry, U.S. President Woodrow Wilson. The Davis statue has since been restored and presented at UT’s Dolph Briscoe Center for American History in a scholarly exhibition about the Littlefield Fountain and the six Main Mall statues.

During the past several days, I have talked with student leaders, students, faculty members, staff members and alumni to listen to their views after the revelatory events in Charlottesville. I also revisited the very thorough 2015 task force report. After considering the original task force report and with the events of the past week and my discussions with the campus community in mind, I decided to relocate the remaining four statues.

Early this morning, the statues depicting Robert E. Lee, Albert Sidney Johnston, John Reagan and James Stephen Hogg were removed from the Main Mall. The Lee, Johnston and Reagan statues will be added to the collection of the Briscoe Center for scholarly study. The statue of James Hogg, governor of Texas (1891-1895), will be considered for re-installation at another campus site.

The University of Texas at Austin is a public educational and research institution, first and foremost. The historical and cultural significance of the Confederate statues on our campus — and the connections that individuals have with them — are severely compromised by what they symbolize. Erected during the period of Jim Crow laws and segregation, the statues represent the subjugation of African Americans. That remains true today for white supremacists who use them to symbolize hatred and bigotry.

The University of Texas at Austin has a duty to preserve and study history. But our duty also compels us to acknowledge that those parts of our history that run counter to the university’s core values, the values of our state and the enduring values of our nation do not belong on pedestals in the heart of the Forty Acres.

We do not choose our history, but we choose what we honor and celebrate on our campus. As UT students return in the coming week, I look forward to welcoming them here for a new academic year with a recommitment to an open, positive and inclusive learning environment for all.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Houston is the armpit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Houston is the armpit.
I always thought of it as the sweaty crack.

3rd gen Houstonian here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:34:16 AM EDT
[#49]
I hope the cedar pollen is extra thick this fall and they sneeze their dicks back out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Modern day book burning

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top