Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 11:02:35 PM EDT
And how long did your symptoms continue after increasing your vitamin D levels?  Long story short, I'm fatigued and my bones and muscles ache.  The fatigue started occuring a few months ago and the pain a few weeks ago.  I had a blood test done, my vitamin D level was 27.  Normal per the Dr. is 30-110 so they aren't sure it's a vitamin D issue or something else, going back for more test this week.

I have been taking a vitamin D supplement daily for about a week since last Dr visit, I just want to know how long before I would start feeling improvement IF my symptoms are related to low vit D.

Knowing my luck it will turn out to be Lyme disease.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not getting enough of the D, huh?

ETA: In all seriousness, get your testosterone levels checked. Hope you feel better.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not have any symptoms.
During my blood draw on my annual physical they said it was low.
I take vitamin D-3 daily and now it's not low.
But I don't feel any difference at all.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not getting enough of the D, huh?
View Quote
Apparently not as much as you guys.    Fuck this sucks!  I need my energy back!

Edit to your edit, they are throwing in the testosterone check on this next round of blood work.  Levels were okay a few yrs ago.  I'll soon find out.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is my experince as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#5]
You need sunlight to activate Vitamin D, so try leaving mom's basement?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you speaking from experience?  I could probably use some more sunlight in my life.  To many hrs behind the computer.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I work outdoors all day every day and still have a deficiency that requires supplements.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Everyone I know that's been tested has been low, me included. ive never known anyone to have any symptoms that could be attributed to it, or feel better when supplementing.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Apparently not as much as you guys.    Fuck this sucks!  I need my energy back!

Edit to your edit, they are throwing in the testosterone check on this next round of blood work.  Levels were okay a few yrs ago.  I'll soon find out.
View Quote
Are you taking a statin ? If yes, try taking some COQ10 . It helped me regain some lost energy when I was on them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I was at 17 on the scale back in December. Doc put me on prescription 50k IU twice a week for a month and after that i take equate brand calcium citrate with D3 once per day. I'm good now.

My symptoms were I was tired all the time and generally achy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:32:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are you taking a statin ? If yes, try taking some COQ10 . It helped me regain some lost energy when I was on them.
View Quote
I was able to counter all the side affects of statins by not taking them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not on a statin.  I didn't realize statins affected energy levels.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:54:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Ludacris ft. Ty Dolla Sign - Vitamin D (Official Video)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:00:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Constantly tired, and got sick all the time, if the kids came home and looked at me cross-eyed I'd be running a fever the next day.

I was low 20s, they gave me the 50,000 IU stuff by prescription, 2X a week. Took that, and was still low 20s. They told me to take
one a day. Two weeks later I was 40s. Took a while but 10,000 and 15,000 IU alternating days keeps me in the normal range.

Took about two months to get to high normal. Started feeling better about six weeks in, but had otehr things going on affecting
me as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Constantly tired, and got sick all the time, if the kids came home and looked at me cross-eyed I'd be running a fever the next day.

I was low 20s, they gave me the 50,000 IU stuff by prescription, 2X a week. Took that, and was still low 20s. They told me to take
one a day. Two weeks later I was 40s. Took a while but 10,000 and 15,000 IU alternating days keeps me in the normal range.

Took about two months to get to high normal. Started feeling better about six weeks in, but had otehr things going on affecting
me as well.
View Quote
Thanks Seek!  I hope you have you got everything figured out and fixed.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:05:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Bone density loss and chronic lower back pain.

I got a clue and fired my idiot doctor and started going to one who treated medicine as a scientific endeavor.  He put me on a course of Fosamax for two years, and I started taking vitamin D and calcium supplements every day.  My bone density recovered, and now I hardly ever have back pain (and when I do it's usually not too bad.)
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:06:37 AM EDT
[#18]
No symptoms, Vit D tablets.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#19]
OP similar symptoms as you a few years ago. Started supplementing with 3000 IU Vit D3 and about a month later I started feeling much better and the "pains" lessened and then finally went away. Take your D3 after you eat some fat in the morning. I am sure that your doc also told you to take your shirt off get some sun every day directly on your torso as well.

Tell your doc to check B12, Magnesium and Testosterone as well.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:24:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Found I was deficient from a blood draw. I take about 5000 iu a day now and Im in the normal range. Prior to this I was in the "rickets" range but had no ill effects. I cant tell a difference in pre or post vitamin D.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:35:21 AM EDT
[#22]
How old are you OP?  I started feeling shitty at around age 25.  Now 20+ years later I'm just used to it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:51:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Get out in the sun.

My employer's wife had this issue, she owns a clothing store and told my boss, I will never have this problem as I work on their ranch.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:58:40 AM EDT
[#24]
I was deficient. As others, I had no symptoms.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:14:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I was slightly deficient with no symptoms, and don't feel any different taking some D3 daily. My joints felt a little better while I was drinking joint juice though. Too much hassle though, and they're kind of gross.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#26]
OP do some reading on the subject.  My recommendation is to take Vitamin K2 (not K but K2) and magnesium when taking Vitamin D.  Otherwise it pulls the calcium out of your bones and teeth and puts it into your arteries.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:19:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Magnesium is low.
get some good Magnesium and take 250 to 500 mg a day.  At first it will make you sleepy as it helps the muscles relax. But as levels rise the sleepy feeling goes away.
I take 250mg before bed every night; my knee and back pain has decreased greatly.

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the messages and information!  I've noted it all down and will discuss with my Dr tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Ask him about the interaction with calcium.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Just had blood work last week and was told my vitamin D was low. Doc has me taking 5,000 units a day. Feel no difference as of yet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:26:04 PM EDT
[#31]
I've been consistently low for over 10 years now, even though I spend a lot of time in the sun at work.  At my last physical my Vit D came in at 30.1 (scale 30-100).  My doctor proclaimed me in the 'normal' range and said I was gtg .  My previous doc wanted me to be in the 50-80 range
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:30:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine was low too, not sure the number but it's triggered out of range for a couple years now. Finally taking 5000 units or whatever a day now for about 6 months, we'll see if it's too high next time
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:38:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How old are you OP?  I started feeling shitty at around age 25.  Now 20+ years later I'm just used to it.
View Quote
Mid 40's.  You should go get some blood work done!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top